Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mafeel View Post
    There never was and will never be a better cartoon than The Simpsons. One has to be retarded to cancel the show. I can't imagine a world without Bart
    Except the show's humor has sucked for the last decade. It's about time Fox stuck a fork in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura
    So 10 posts and no definitive answer...

TO ELITEST JERKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    People really will find anything to complain about. Too bad I don't care because I quit the game because they made the hunter class color lime green and I think it would be SO much better had it been a grass-colored green.

I agree the show is kind of bad atm compared to the first 10-15 seasons, but it's still actually entertaining unlike Family Guy with it's stupid crude and childish humor. American Dad is the only show I'd say is on par with The Simpsons in it's current state, and there hasn't been a single animated TV show that has ever even come close to how good The Simpsons was in the early days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post
    'Hardcore' raiders remind me of my two-year-old. "Yes, I put it down and I'm not playing with it anymore, but YOU CAN'T TOUCH IT MINE MINE MINE MINE!"

Simpsons prime was season 1-10, Family Guy's prime (somehow at its best) was 1-3. American Dad still has some good episodes, Family Guy is not even watchable anymore. Cleveland Show... oh God lets not start that one... and Futurama is still God.

As for South Park, its still somewhat funny but not even close as funny as the first seasons

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hard to keep a show fresh that has been on the air for that many years.

I think what a lot of people forget is that combined with the show doing pretty much everything, we have grown up and changed, while the show really hasn't. It's been on for what 22 or 23 years? I am barely older than it.

People like me who grew up watching it can tolerate it, but it hasn't really evolved with the people who grew up watching it. I appreciate that it's stayed true to it's roots, but it's still 90s type humor in 2011, it just doesn't work.

My personal opinion? It's probably time for it to go. If it so happens to be on by chance when I rarely watch TV I might sit down and watch it, but I've stopped being loyal to the show almost a decade ago.

As far as other shows go the Cleveland show is absolutely terrible and Family Guy is simply meh. I can't deny that their are a few good gems that come out of Family Guy once and awhile, but it doesn't have any consistency. American Dad is surprisingly pretty good, and Futurama has started to grow on me (which is a hard thing to do considering I typically am not fond of space).

Looking back I have no rose tinted glasses about South Park being good when it first aired. Those shows were amazing in their TIME because of what boundaries they pushed and how they revolutionized what could be said on television. I can still look back at the old Simpsons episodes and get a laugh, but when I go back to the old South Park episodes they do absolutely nothing for me. South Park however has consistently grown with the audience that grew up with it and unlike the Simpsons it has evolved/matured.
    Last edited by Tojara; 2011-10-06 at 09:03 PM.

About time, really. The later seasons were boring and had none of the original Simpsons charm. Instead of the warm hilariosity of earlier episodes, Simpsons became increasingly violent, crude and vulgar. All good things must go sooner or later and for Simpsons, its long overdue.

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    Simpsons is Simpsons. Whatever happens, it will be continued by someone else.

Deleted
    Ditch the Simpsons. LONG LIVE FUTURAMA!

Quote Originally Posted by DissPanda View Post
    Ditch the Simpsons. LONG LIVE FUTURAMA!
    Yep. Simpsons should have ended 10 seasons ago anyway.
    Let's enjoy Futurama while it's still good.

will be a shame if it goes i like the simpsons

Renewed for 2 more seasons. Jumping to conclusions ftw!

Atleast the simpsons will reach the 25th season, I'd love to see any serie still good to reach so many seasons

Deleted
    I never did like that show too much. And really, they make 8 million a year with those voices? That seems a bit silly. Sure it's just my opinion (which may or may not be shared by others) but the voices the characters use in that show are annoying as hell.

4 million US dollars per year... It's the actors that are being greedy as hell, not the company.

It's not being canned any more. They picked it up for another 2 years with a pay cut and refusal to allow the actors a % of the $$ the other stuff generated form the tv show produces or some shit.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    4 million US dollars per year... It's the actors that are being greedy as hell, not the company.
    Not at all. The company rakes in hundreds of millions each year. They are only asking for a small percentage of that. If you were responsible for the success of a show that made a billion dollars, wouldn't you want more than a percent of that? It's not greed, it's fair business.

---------- Post added 2011-10-08 at 07:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    It's not being canned any more. They picked it up for another 2 years with a pay cut and refusal to allow the actors a % of the $$ the other stuff generated form the tv show produces or some shit.
    Yup 2 more seasons. I just came in to post the same. Fox was bluffing. The Simpsons makes them so much money it would be insane to terminate the series, even if it is passe.
    Last edited by Callace; 2011-10-08 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Not at all. The company rakes in hundreds of millions each year. They are only asking for a small percentage of that. If you were responsible for the success of a show that made a billion dollars, wouldn't you want more than a percent of that? It's not greed, it's fair business.
    True, the company isn't any better.

15+ Year Old Account
    thats 8 million before royalties from dolls(with speech), royalties from countries around the world that air the show, the movie, the collectables. They prolly make ALOT more than that. I'd take the paycut easy, I'd still make a bloody big chunk of cash each week from standing in an air-conditioned room 5 hours per week.
    I am and always will be the optimist. The hope for far-flung hopes and dreamer of improbable dreams.

How is the show still even on? It has its moments but mostly is stale and nothing compared to Seth's shows and Bob's Burgers. Hell it's all about obscenities and pressing issues and The Simpsons managed to stay alive as long as it has with less of those things. Let's get real though, sex, violence, and vulgarity sells...just look at South Park.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuuralihn View Post
    thats 8 million before royalties from dolls(with speech), royalties from countries around the world that air the show, the movie, the collectables. They prolly make ALOT more than that. I'd take the paycut easy, I'd still make a bloody big chunk of cash each week from standing in an air-conditioned room 5 hours per week.
    Exactly.

With "just" 4 million dollars you can live a good life for the rest of your life. And this is just with 1 year of salary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    How is the show still even on? It has its moments but mostly is stale and nothing compared to Seth's shows and Bob's Burgers. Hell it's all about obscenities and pressing issues and The Simpsons managed to stay alive as long as it has with less of those things. Let's get real though, sex, violence, and vulgarity sells...just look at South Park.
    It still has way WAY more brand recognition than all of those other shows combined.
    The new Star Wars movies sucked and look at how much money those raked in. Popularity is its own bag.