Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post
    Agreed. He looked Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good at this MLG.

Only took 4th, but holy god those ZvTs. He really impressed me for the first time in months.

Now if he could stop sucking at ZvP...

Glad HuK won, though. He also played really good.
    And we got a protoss winner!
    Idra fucked up becausehe kept using the same old strats, and got taken advantage of. Though I agree he was playing brilliantly
    Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US

Would anyone know how to hold off a cannon rush followed by double stargate/void ray play as zerg?

I was playing on Xel'naga and just after taking my natural the protoss player cannon rushed, I had just started producing roaches so didn’t have enough units (other than lings) to hold him back. I retreated to my main and dropped two spine crawlers at the top of the ramp before blocking off with four roaches. Holding the ramp without any problems I started droning up with the idea of getting a nydus worm and dropping into his main, all of a sudden 4 void ray’s appeared from the north and all I had was 3 queens and 1 spore crawler. It was all over pretty quickly.

Any idea’s?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Event Horizon View Post
    Would anyone know how to hold off a cannon rush followed by double stargate/void ray play as zerg?

I was playing on Xel'naga and just after taking my natural the protoss player cannon rushed, I had just started producing roaches so didn’t have enough units (other than lings) to hold him back. I retreated to my main and dropped two spine crawlers at the top of the ramp before blocking off with four roaches. Holding the ramp without any problems I started droning up with the idea of getting a nydus worm and dropping into his main, all of a sudden 4 void ray’s appeared from the north and all I had was 3 queens and 1 spore crawler. It was all over pretty quickly.

Any idea’s?
    Where exactly did he build the cannons on Xel'naga. It's a lot easier for zerg to defend cannon rushes than protoss because of creep preventing the obnoxious wall-off behind the mineral line. One way you can counter a cannon rush is to proxy hatch the protoss at his natural since it's very unlikely he'll be moving out of his base with any units and to just then spread creep and build 3 spines

Edit: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=3&theater

Gentlemen!!! new protoss unit
    Last edited by Alraml; 2011-10-18 at 01:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Any idea’s?
    Advice from a protoss player: scout scout scout, also put an overlord over your natural so u have tons of visions, if u cant scout it then you deserve to be cannoned rushed. pretty much the same with all cheese really. as to the void rays, scout those 2 then make more queens, also were u using transfuse micro with ur queens?

---------- Post added 2011-10-17 at 08:39 PM ----------

Thanks azalu for that link to the new unit, it has to be an air unit.. maybe a sky caster thats not as hard to get as the mothership, id really like that cuz to be honest u never get a stargate unless your going late game carriers,protoss deathball or voidray rush. so it should be interesting to have a build say.. 3gate stargate or somthing like that
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

Any idea’s?
    Make sure you have an overlord ready to scout his base. If you get your drone inside his base early look at his gas and how many gates he has. Also if he is cronoboosting his Core. Quick two gas means quick tech, dts, a lot of sentries, or stargate play. Have an OL out by your natural and put a drone on the probe. Biggest thing a lot of zergs do is they pull off too many drones when they see a pylon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by durza View Post
    Advice from a protoss player: scout scout scout, also put an overlord over your natural so u have tons of visions, if u cant scout it then you deserve to be cannoned rushed. pretty much the same with all cheese really. as to the void rays, scout those 2 then make more queens, also were u using transfuse micro with ur queens?

---------- Post added 2011-10-17 at 08:39 PM ----------

Thanks azalu for that link to the new unit, it has to be an air unit.. maybe a sky caster thats not as hard to get as the mothership, id really like that cuz to be honest u never get a stargate unless your going late game carriers,protoss deathball or voidray rush. so it should be interesting to have a build say.. 3gate stargate or somthing like that
    I hope it brings some solidity to stargate tech. Protoss air can be effective but it's just not as solid as either templar or colossus tech, they both have really good synergy with gateway units and are a safe option. Air always feels like a risk to me and is often just a harass mechanic to force a tech switch
    Last edited by Alraml; 2011-10-18 at 02:56 AM.

Thanks for all the tips guys. I'm only up to my 7th match in bronze league so I'm still learning a lot, but I hadn't seen a rush like that before so I wasn't sure how to deal with it.

but the things I've picked up are

- have an overlord at the natural to scout a cannon rush, this makes a lot of sense since after watching the reply I didn't realize that my viewable area drops by such a large amount when the drone turns into the hatchery
    - Learn to micro my queens for transfuse, I didn't do any transfusions
    - Set more overlords around the map for scouting
    - Run an overlord into his main, I actually had an overlord sitting just behind his mineral line for the nydus worm it seems so obvious now that I should have sent it in

Thanks for all the tips guys. I'm only up to my 7th match in bronze league so I'm still learning a lot, but I hadn't seen a rush like that before so I wasn't sure how to deal with it.

but the things I've picked up are

- have an overlord at the natural to scout a cannon rush, this makes a lot of sense since after watching the reply I didn't realize that my viewable area drops by such a large amount when the drone turns into the hatchery
    - Learn to micro my queens for transfuse, I didn't do any transfusions
    - Set more overlords around the map for scouting
    - Run an overlord into his main, I actually had an overlord sitting just behind his mineral line for the nydus worm it seems so obvious now that I should have sent it in
    sadly in bronze you'll get a lot of those void ray cheese crap. but yea the best weapon you have as a zerg is scouting. got to remember that zerg reacts to what your opponent is doing. you'll get used to it! zerg is a very fun but a very hard race to learn

Okay, so I found this while surfing my Facebook;

Looks like an upgraded version of the Corsair O.o
    Last edited by Poppasan; 2011-10-18 at 04:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It reminds me a lot of a Scrin unit from C&C3. It's definatly gonna be a caster. I get this strange feeling that's it's gonna be an add-on for the Colossus. The shape of it seems like it could wrap around the top of a colossus and have some sort of buff

If it's not suited for harassment then I don't know why it's being added. Blizzard that they feel like Protoss doesn't have a true harassment unit, let this be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xacez View Post
    If it's not suited for harassment then I don't know why it's being added. Blizzard that they feel like Protoss doesn't have a true harassment unit, let this be it.
    Well lets not forget that Blizzard has stated its opinions on some of the balance issues with the game and there will likely be a lot of tweaks once Heart of the Swarm is out, so all the units here could be something dramatically different from what is the final product.

To be honest, Toss doesn't need a harassment unit as it is in game right now (although all 3 races will be being tweaked so hey). They have strength in other areas, and to be honest, they have more decent units that can double up as harassment then other races. Collosi, Pheonix, Rays, blink Stalkers, etc. Also, they are the best at countering harassment themselves (blink stalkers, mobile air, static defense which targets both ground and air, collosi, etc).

Zerg definately needs some re-doing. Terrans should get some exiting new stuff but they need to change the Reaper. What would work is if the Reapers range was changed to 7, its attack was made 1.5x as strong but it fired 1.5x slower, and jumping up cliffs took 2.5x as long. This would make it useful to mass in bioballs, but make its harassment value the same in small numbers, but not in high numbers. As in, at the moment, 15 reapers is better then 5 reapers to harass in the right circumstances. But with the necessary changes made to make them good for bioballs, they would be overpowered for harassment - with such a long range. This would also make them kiting powerhouses. The attack speed and damage would counter the kiting - they would have to stop for longer to hit, meaning enemies would have longer to catch up, and the longer cliff jumping means that bringing them in high numbers for harassment would be bound to get them killed, because some would be caught while waiting for its turn to jump down the cliff, while defending marines/stalkers/zerglings or roaches would catch them easily. This would also mean that kiting with them in large numbers would be harder if you try to use cliffs - especially against ranged. (Ie, kiting roaches - the roaches would catch up by the time the Reapers got up the cliffs if there were more then a few of them).

You know, justifying it, i really like my own suggestions. This would seem a great way to balance it for being useful at the back of bioballs, yet still balanced for harassment and kiting, with large numbers being punished.
    Last edited by Migey; 2011-10-18 at 10:47 PM.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppasan View Post
    Okay, so I found this while surfing my Facebook;

Looks like an upgraded version of the Corsair O.o
    clearly a flying ultralisk head with lasers.

That thing looks quite similar to the Pheonix? A light aircraft?
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

looking forward to the revealing of all 3 new multiplayer units at blizzcon. hoping these units + new changes in HotS mixes the game up a bit, as it seems to be a bit stale right now imo
    Battlemaster Ralamus (retired rogue)

Will there only be three new added units? I thought there would be 2 for each, or 1 if other units are revamped enough.

1 would be fine i guess, but only if existing units are changed enough. Ie, read my suggested reaper changes a few posts up :P

Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post
    Will there only be three new added units? I thought there would be 2 for each, or 1 if other units are revamped enough.

1 would be fine i guess, but only if existing units are changed a bit. Ie, read my suggested reaper changes a few posts up :P
    could be more than 1. i just assumed there would be several new units, but only 1 per race usable in multiplayer
    Battlemaster Ralamus (retired rogue)

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people are saying its a mobile shield battery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bajerman View Post
    Some people are saying its a mobile shield battery.
    Possibility, i'm hoping for some big answers this weekend