Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    That's just how StarCraft is. Forget about ranking then just enjoy it.
    I try to, but autism won't let me.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    end of season is the worst time to rank up. Also just do the no-gas build to get to easy mode platnium and try to have around 25~ marines at the 6 minute mark at their base. Only countered by banelings, bunkers and tanks which most gold league players don't build.
    What build is that? got a link, please?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wass View Post
    Tyrael, I can help you with Terran. Just pm me if you want some help.

(and I do speak German aswell)

@Kelesti, one can hope
    I could use some help with my Swedish too, it's so rusty...

Anyway, I'll give you a call..... I mean PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hoping for Scarlett to take Wcs America... i know... a long shot. =(

Quote Originally Posted by wolfen View Post
    Hoping for Scarlett to take Wcs America... i know... a long shot. =(
    Long shot, but Round of 8, that was fucking brilliant. Full stop.

Seeing her at BlizzCon this year would be the best thing ever.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there any vods of naniwa vs tefel games that happened like 6 or 8 hours ago?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Holy shit guys she did it

#scarlettisourgirl

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    They get me with the intro... the give me a sound thing. I want to stop the video right there.
    I find MaximusBlack's "shit the bed" line to be old and overused.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    I won't be able to play for 2-ish days now. Moving to my own apartment. Sadly I'm gonna miss WCS EU today.

Also well done Scarlett
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

10+ Year Old Account
    With the announcement that SC2 will not be at MLG Columbus, and TotalBiscuit pondering a move to DOTA 2, is the whole "THE SKY IS FALLING" shitstorm regarding the future of SC2 actually valid, or just an overreaction?
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

TB likes to overreact in order to provoke "the people".

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    With the announcement that SC2 will not be at MLG Columbus, and TotalBiscuit pondering a move to DOTA 2, is the whole "THE SKY IS FALLING" shitstorm regarding the future of SC2 actually valid, or just an overreaction?
    I am fine with it. There are a lot of great tournaments left to watch and TB is not exactly the best caster we've got. US scene for SC2 is struggling because there's hardly any pro who could compete with the rest of the world. StarCraft take a lot of skill to play so you could differentiate yourself to the point that of total domination. This kinda leaves a lot of people not being able to compete. US scene is the result of this. This used to happen in BW scene outside of Korea.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2013-08-08 at 08:12 PM.

The MLG thing might be but TB likes to stir shit up for publicity. So yes and no.

When it comes to MLG I am not surprised, I even expected it. Just looking at WCS NA season 1 I already saw Sundance not caring about it anymore with that horrible production. And then that low end Anaheim I just gave up on MLG. The NA SC2 scene is weak atm and I don't expect that to change anytime soon. And Sundance wants ofcourse the big bucks so he goes for LoL and DotA untill that goes weak and picks up the game that goes strong then. Good thing is that NASL is actually trying and always like them more then MLG so I am not worried either with SC2 being stable in KR and EU.

And well TotalBiscuit well I never really followed him and I haven't heard or seen anything big from his corner so I wish him the best of luck if he wants to do something else but I doubt that won't have an big impact either.

As soon as GOM says it goes full WoT or Day9 goes to LoL then there is a reason to be scared for SC2.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like TB but wouldnt care a lot if he moves on. At least he wouldnt ragequit SC2 because it's gone bad, like wow. (In his opinion.)

At the same time I have never ever lijed the production of MLG. They were first to charge for watching their games alongside with GOM, and their stream used to lag so, so much.

Go NASL, and I'm sure redbull or some other company can Kappatalize on this.

However doesn't change the fact that the NA scene looks weak player wise
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

People are so mad about all this. I just play games lol, when did it turn into a huge war between games? I honestly think eSports does more bad than good lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    People are so mad about all this. I just play games lol, when did it turn into a huge war between games? I honestly think eSports does more bad than good lol
    e-Peen competitions between games have been around for a while. In addition to the current SC2/LoL/DOTA 2 rivalry, there are older ones such as WoW vs. other MMOs, SSB Melee vs. Brawl, and the rivalry between the at-the-time FPSes. (i.e. CS 1.6 vs the other versions, Halo vs. COD, COD: MW3 vs. BF3)
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    e-Peen competitions between games have been around for a while. In addition to the current SC2/LoL/DOTA 2 rivalry, there are older ones such as WoW vs. other MMOs, SSB Melee vs. Brawl, and the rivalry between the at-the-time FPSes. (i.e. CS 1.6 vs the other versions, Halo vs. COD, COD: MW3 vs. BF3)
    Oh, i remember when we turned on our local HL2 DM/CTF server on ICPs base. How much rage we've got on our IRC channel from CS1.6 fans because "LOL HL NEEDS NO SKILL LOOK HOW SLOW IT IS NOOBS KILL YOURSELF AND DELETE UR SERVER WE HAEV LAGZ. They had very outdated hardware for their CS1.6 servers and they had a lot of crashes due to overheat. They blamed us because we placed our server when they started to have problems, but this conflict rose and some people even got in a fight with CS fans.

All this "X game is better than Y" is silly, IMO.

Now this SC2 against MOBA games, i don't get it why people even compare games of different kind and playerbase
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Oh, i remember when we turned on our local HL2 DM/CTF server on ICPs base. How much rage we've got on our IRC channel from CS1.6 fans because "LOL HL NEEDS NO SKILL LOOK HOW SLOW IT IS NOOBS KILL YOURSELF AND DELETE UR SERVER WE HAEV LAGZ. They had very outdated hardware for their CS1.6 servers and they had a lot of crashes due to overheat. They blamed us because we placed our server when they started to have problems, but this conflict rose and some people even got in a fight with CS fans.

All this "X game is better than Y" is silly, IMO.

Now this SC2 against MOBA games, i don't get it why people even compare games of different kind and playerbase
    Actually, Sc2, Dota 2 and LoL has a very similiar playerbase, most of the players either playing more than just one out of these games or atleast tried the others out
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    Actually, Sc2, Dota 2 and LoL has a very similiar playerbase, most of the players either playing more than just one out of these games or atleast tried the others out
    Not a lot of Dota and LoL player have tried SC2 imo. I don't even think they know what real RTS is like. SC player should have tried atleast Dota because we have played WC3 before. then again StarCraft and all these dota-like games are fundamentally different in mechanics.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2013-08-09 at 10:08 AM.

Yeah I know a lot of people who play Mobas who don't know anything about Starcraft or have never even heard of what it is.

Redbull replaced MLG. This is such a good news.