10+ Year Old Account
    You sound like you would rate Dwarf Fortress as boring and repetitive game, durrr.
    Each and every game can be called repetitive if you dumb it down to only one action.

10+ Year Old Account
    New maps are up for season 2. I agreed with the "They need to get rid of every map except Frost" philosophy and they almost did, only keeping Alterzim (sigh) and Habitation Station.

King Sejong addition looks fine, Overgrowth looks potentially really quite nice depending on how big that choke is, I'm bad at judging til I load the map. Merry Go Round looks like a failed abortion, and Waystation looks ok to be honest, just a bit worried on the rush distance for one of the spawns. It's like Korhal Sky Island just not "too" fucked up.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Merin banned again. So that's why this thread is so quiet now.

I do not even play sc2 atm. But I still wait for the EU Ro8 to start.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm thinking of giving Starcraft 2 whatsoever. It takes too much time that I could spend playing RPGs I want to play - all I do in SC2 is play a few arcade maps, all the same maps every day. I don't even get any fun anymore, I just do it out of habit. Every day I go, "Alright, there is that single player RPG I want to play today. I'll just play 1-2 SC2 games and switch to it" - and I end up playing the whole evening.

Time to end this addiction. Starcraft 2 has been a lot of fun - but it also has been for 1.5 years. Time to move on.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not banned what are you on about.
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    I'm not banned what are you on about.
    Bitches be cray

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I'm thinking of giving Starcraft 2 whatsoever. It takes too much time that I could spend playing RPGs I want to play - all I do in SC2 is play a few arcade maps, all the same maps every day. I don't even get any fun anymore, I just do it out of habit. Every day I go, "Alright, there is that single player RPG I want to play today. I'll just play 1-2 SC2 games and switch to it" - and I end up playing the whole evening.

Time to end this addiction. Starcraft 2 has been a lot of fun - but it also has been for 1.5 years. Time to move on.
    You be weak. Also, there is no escape.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    You be weak. Also, there is no escape.
    No! I will prove the world that I am strong enough! I will do it! I must!

10+ Year Old Account
    Next year I may be doing this thing sponsored by Glaxo Smith Kline (by which I mean october). It involves actually making the compound and then sending it off to them for in vivo testing. They give you a lead compound and then you work with them to synthesise all analogs and everything, monitored by people from GSK.

If I get onto it then I don't see myself playing even to the very casual level I do now, gona work super hard in these exams and then hope I get on the course. Would be a nice way to try and get some contacts.

ded gaem.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a problem with the game guys. I was playing once more custom map Ice Baneling Escape with a bunch of other people. Suddenly the game froze for a few seconds, then weird textures started appearing everywhere. I quit the game, but even in the menu textures are a bit weird and the game lags a lot. I quit and restarted, nothing changed. I did repair, still nothing changed.

I would think it could be something with the graphics card, but all other games play just fine, it is only SC2 that's gone weird.

As I mentioned above, I really thought of quitting the game altogether. I'm thinking about it still. Maybe it is a sign from Queen of Blades that I've played enough?

- - - Updated - - -

Never mind, I restarted Windows and everything is fine again.

10+ Year Old Account
    On topic of quiting, it's been a very long time now since I played seriously myself.

Look - Idk what is going on, but the sc2 hype seems to have vanished completely. Just look at how long this thread was frozen.

Sad stuff. Game used to be so nice and fun. It hardly attracts viewers anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest there were only about 5 of us who posted a lot anyway. I know that lag.tv is dying quite a bit they used to get loads of replays but now maybe 10 a week. Ah well, with my exams coming up I don't have the time anyway so I'm not worried, will come back in the summer.

From a personal viewpoint I base it around WCS, season 1 is really exciting cos it's like yeahhh fresh start everyones raring to go, then the third series it's the same because it's the race to finish top for the year. Season 2? Who cares. Like I didn't even know it was on last year, I just reappeared for S3.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never really cared about ladder. I did get into high Diamond, but I really don't know why I did it - I didn't like laddering at all. The reason I bought SC2 in the first place is that Warcraft 3 had become played by too few people so custom maps were all empty and I switched to Starcraft 2 so I could play custom maps normally.

Among pro players I know only Scarlett with her insane creep spread and Queens in the main army.

Deleted
    I don't understand how a game like Starcraft doesn't have a good base of guides and tutorials. I mean, you can't reliably find in youtube a good series of videos that introduce you to a class. Apollo was a good example of those rare series, but I wonder it's so hard to find material like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's very difficult to do, is why. Like exceptionally so. You can make little guides about different openers and all the various builds and playstyles but then on top of that you need to adapt all of those for each build the enemy could do. Before diamond league, the builds kinda fall apart because noone follows them properly and even then they're slow, so timings don't work. The problem is there is so much variation and you can't stick rigidly to what you're doing if your opponent does something weird, because you'll just lose.

Too many variables. Like you can say "in this situation do this, if you started with A you'll be fine but if you did B you're probably fucked" and that's just kinda how the game is. Attempts are made, if you go onto Team Liquid theres a huge huge PvZ guide but even reading that and memorizing it won't get you fantastic results against Zerg - having the right solutions is one thing, implementing them is something entirely different. Different players also have very different strengths before the top level, so for example my Phoenix control is good but I can't do a Sentry-Immortal push to save my life.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's indeed hard to make a guide. It's easy to make "openings" tho, but "guides", hell no. There is too many "ifs" if you get what i mean

10+ Year Old Account
    I found a maphacker. Like a clear cut case. Why would you maphack in platinum league, any modicum of skill would make you better than us anyway. At first I thought oh this guy is just getting lucky but it's pretty obvious.

http://ggtracker.com/matches/5002054

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people use hacks just because, hell, why not? Just yesterday I was playing Micro Arena EU. Recently someone discovered an exploit with Battlecruisers when you can make the infinite number of them for free by right-clicking like crazy to the side while training them - and they will appear beyond the suicide zone; then you suicide units, get back your minerals, but Battlecruisers still live. And this guy used this exploit to get 100+ Battlecruisers and killed us outright. I personally do not understand why play arcade map to do shit like this, but that's just me...

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Some people use hacks just because, hell, why not? Just yesterday I was playing Micro Arena EU. Recently someone discovered an exploit with Battlecruisers when you can make the infinite number of them for free by right-clicking like crazy to the side while training them - and they will appear beyond the suicide zone; then you suicide units, get back your minerals, but Battlecruisers still live. And this guy used this exploit to get 100+ Battlecruisers and killed us outright. I personally do not understand why play arcade map to do shit like this, but that's just me...
    because its fun when youre not on the receiving end )))

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    because its fun when youre not on the receiving end )))
    I fail to see how it is fun on any end. I myself know, at least, 4 exploits on this map with which I can win in 3 minutes, pretty much, every time no one uses the same exploits - but why would I do that? I came to have fun, not to hack the game to win Arcade.