10+ Year Old Account
    so funny
    sc2 charades with tastosis
    http://www.gomtv.net/2011gslsponsors7/gomcam/66591

Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post
    Potentially. Do you have any melee units in range of the marines? Because it only reduces their range to 1, not completely removes it.

But Blinding Cloud either has to cost 50 energy, or have a much larger radius. At the moment it's useful, but it's like a very expensive forcefield, except it costs alot more and isn't quite as effective.

I hope they buff it slightly. Was a bit dissapointed to see how weak it is

Unless of course, they havn't actually disclosed the exact information for it, and the people who made the custom map had to guess?

Also, the detection spell they have costing 50 energy? Thats rubbish - considering it is one use only, and even then risky, one should be able to use it right from the outset.
    I was using a bunch of hydras, i was at range. but the marines were just shooting through the cloud no problem. I think vipers should be detectors ight when they spawn, and then lose it when they grant it to another unit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greens View Post
    I was using a bunch of hydras, i was at range. but the marines were just shooting through the cloud no problem. I think vipers should be detectors ight when they spawn, and then lose it when they grant it to another unit.
    Interesting concept. We'll see, everything is subject to change atm

Was the blinding cloud on top of the Marines, or in between the Marines and Hydras? If the latter, then that would be why - if not, then yeap. It's a bug.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post
    Was the blinding cloud on top of the Marines, or in between the Marines and Hydras? If the latter, then that would be why - if not, then yeap. It's a bug.
    right on top of the marines. i guess it was bugged. also, locusts become hydras when they burrow apparently

Sounds like a bug.

And what exactly do you mean, Locusts become Hydras?

Also, may be the map itself? I was testing it on the Shakuras Plateau map, and Blinding Cloud seemed to work... then again, my opponent was running out of any clouds i laid down, so i don't even know.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

When you burrow a locust, it takes up 2 food, and stops the timed life and regains the hydras maint attack when it unburrows. Health and armor stays the same though. That was on metalopolis.

When you burrow a locust, it takes up 2 food, and stops the timed life and regains the hydras maint attack when it unburrows. Health and armor stays the same though. That was on metalopolis.
    yeah its one of the known bugs that's being worked on. also i believe the EU version is behind in updates
    Battlemaster Ralamus (retired rogue)

10+ Year Old Account
    Soooooooo glad i'm going i44 now.

Whitera, Hasuobs, Thorzain, Minigun, Darkforce, Grubby are all gonna be there with more to be announced next week for IPL4. Will have to make a "Special Taktiks!" sign

I nearly cried tears of nerd joy on finding out Whitera will be there :O

Decided to start playing terrans for lulz. Anyone know any herpity derp builds that I can use to pwn people without even trying?

10+ Year Old Account
    Decided to start playing terrans for lulz. Anyone know any herpity derp builds that I can use to pwn people without even trying?
    10 supply depot
    11 barracks
    11 barracks
    I make marine and pull SCV's. It's ridiculously good against Protoss who don't know how to hold it

But then again against lesser Protoss you can get marauders and win without trying

bunker rushing. just requires a bit of micro and if the opponent doesn't know how to hold it off it'll be real cost effective
    Battlemaster Ralamus (retired rogue)

6 rax rush is really good against Zerg and Terrans, and non 4 gating Protoss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWv2bnMC2lg

Great guide for it. Short and hilarious too.

15+ Year Old Account
    3 rax SCV allin.
    Stupid easy to do, stupidly effective.

10 Supply(Bottom of the ramp, will have a link with a fancy guide)
    11 Rax(Also bottom of the ramp)
    12 rax
    12 rax
    13 Orbital
    Make marines(To trick them, have your two 12 rax's rally into your base a bit, and the 11 rax rally onto the ramp)
    @100% Orbital SUPPLY DROP(NOT MULE)
    Push out around 26 or 27 with every SCV and marine.

Make the SCVs tank. But honestly, since they're melee, just attackmove and win.

This works stupid well. If they aren't prepared(Z, P, OR T) you win. Instantly.

And food for thought: If you lose all your workers, and they lose all theirs, you're better off. Mules.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/view...opic_id=223517 <- Actual guide.

Jim had his Jukebox

Sarah will have an iPod as her music playing device

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok so funny story

I just played a couple games (gold league)

First guys name was Rorsach (name from a character in Watchmen) who was completely BM (didn't even know what BM means -.-) just one of those guys that's just a total douche.

Next game a guy named Dr. Manhatten (also a character from Watchmen) ALSO completely bad manor and said some pretty intense sexual slurs...WHY ARE ALL THE CHARACTERS FROM WATCHMEN OUT TO GET ME!? ><

Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post
    3 rax SCV allin.
    Stupid easy to do, stupidly effective.

10 Supply(Bottom of the ramp, will have a link with a fancy guide)
    11 Rax(Also bottom of the ramp)
    12 rax
    12 rax
    13 Orbital
    Make marines(To trick them, have your two 12 rax's rally into your base a bit, and the 11 rax rally onto the ramp)
    @100% Orbital SUPPLY DROP(NOT MULE)
    Push out around 26 or 27 with every SCV and marine.

Make the SCVs tank. But honestly, since they're melee, just attackmove and win.

This works stupid well. If they aren't prepared(Z, P, OR T) you win. Instantly.

And food for thought: If you lose all your workers, and they lose all theirs, you're better off. Mules.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/view...opic_id=223517 <- Actual guide.
    Ohh man do i love games when you have 1 probe left and they have 3 rax and mules... They always last like 45 more minutes and everyone just hates themselves afterwards

So... Nick is pregnant and Artosis is going to be the dad... (Hope I got that right! )

@Hikamiro

If you have any military building left, and he has no troops, you have the advantage. Just with res gathered from one probe/drone, just get 2 zerglings or a Zealot, and kill his Mule whenever it lands. If he has no military units left, he will never be able to stop it, and his Mule will never be able to gather anything. Instead, he will be forced to either try and lift, or save up energy for multiple Mules so he can get a few marines. Either way, your ahead.

Edit : This does of course depend on the situation. Chances are he will have the chance to gather one or possibly two sets of resources with one mule before your Zealot can get there (as a Zerg it's easier, Zerglings are cheaper and faster).
    Last edited by Migey; 2011-11-04 at 05:02 PM.

the marine SCV all in build walls off. Even if i kill every one of their marines and am left with a zealot or 2 (Which honestly won't happen unless i get lucky) by the time i got to their base entrance would be closed, and they'd have more then enough time to have a marine behind that wall.