15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    And I disagree about what you said about Swarm Hosts, you need mass amounts of them to make them any good, and even if you do have a lot, if Terran gets lots of tanks, or Protoss gets 4-5 Colossus, the Locusts die to quickly to do any severe damage. And even if you don't have tanks/colossus, you can always just walk around the army to the Zerg base, or use Raven HSM to blast them out of the ground since they're fairly squishy.
    Not really. Especially if you set the swarm hosts to attack from different directions. Even with 8 Colossus they have to be micro'd back and forth a lot to even make a dent in units that are basically free. The units lost disparity in many games I've seen is just too much to call it balanced. Void rays are a good counter, Battleships would be too, but it's kinda unfair to have to go deep tier 3 to counter and mid game unit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow! They just removed Warhounds from the latest patch. carriers are back though!

Deleted
    Are you kidding? wtf
    nvm checked TL, damn thats nice that the carrier is back

Deleted
    I just got a beta key. Thought it was a fake mail but all links were legit so I checked it out and yup.

It's weird because I didn't tick the box that I was interested in Starcraft betas, nor did I ever play any Starcraft game before.

15+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if they're just removing it for now until they tweak it or if they have something else in mind. With widow mines being kinda useless and the battle hellion being somewhat situational, it kinda puts terran in the same boat as protoss as far as new units are concerned. The more games i watch, the less and less I see of new units. Kinda not boding well for the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good thing beta is beta :3 Remember how ridiculous things seemed in WoL beta?
    Remember how ridiculous things were after live release, when garbage players like MorroW were taking games off players that were already much better than he was because of how retarded 5rax reaper, pre-nerf Stimpack, pre-nerf Concussive Shells, and other crap were?

I have absolutely no faith in Blizzard's ability to balance a game - any game - until six months to a year after release.

---------- Post added 2012-09-15 at 06:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    I wonder if they're just removing it for now until they tweak it or if they have something else in mind. With widow mines being kinda useless and the battle hellion being somewhat situational, it kinda puts terran in the same boat as protoss as far as new units are concerned. The more games i watch, the less and less I see of new units. Kinda not boding well for the expansion.
    The cynic in me says the expansion will be intentionally Zerg-favored, just like WoL was Terran-favored for a long time, and Heart of the Void will be heavily Protoss-favored. Then, after they've sold all the units they can expect to sell, maybe they'll work on actually balancing the game... or maybe they'll just push out Starcraft 3. It'd make sense; they've shown precedent by doing it with World of Warcraft expansions.

It's possible I'm just being a cynic, though.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    The cynic in me says the expansion will be intentionally Zerg-favored, just like WoL was Terran-favored for a long time, and Heart of the Void will be heavily Protoss-favored. Then, after they've sold all the units they can expect to sell, maybe they'll work on actually balancing the game... or maybe they'll just push out Starcraft 3. It'd make sense; they've shown precedent by doing it with World of Warcraft expansions.

It's possible I'm just being a cynic, though.
    The Protoss exp isn't expected until 2014 so I'm not so sure. It would be pretty bad for eSports if they rushed things too much. I expect this expansion to be in beta for some time actually. As it stands right now, I would say Zerg has the early and mid game locked down pretty good. Terran had a bit of an edge with the warhounds, but I think they removed it because it was replacing the barracks all together. If it was to go back in and be a armoury required and maybe cost more, I think terrans would still use it, but it wouldn't replace bread and butter units.

Widow mines are another thing that needs to be fixed to be useful. I suggest maybe doing 1/2 damage unburrowed. That way if you're walking them with your army they aren't entirely useless.

I guess I'll have to wait and see more games after the changes to see whats up. I'm still pretty worried that a lot of new units aren't being used. It may just be that players are learning when to use them, or it may be that they just suck and wont be used.

Widow mines will completly shut any protoss agression early game, they're cost effective 1v1 vs any gateway unit (unless you lead with probes, in which case you're at econ disadvantage). They also can deny expansions and scouting
    Warhound removal may be a good thing, only problem terran faces atm are late game zealots, which battle hellion solves. I could see Thor energy removal to make it less countered by high templar, and mech would be in decent place. Locust range nerf is easily solved with some overlord creep and proper positioning, which is a good thing for strategy.

Reaper buff is nice, they'll be more useful in midgame. Personally, id's like to see science vessel back, with lockdown and irradiate, it would be nice buff for late game terran, without impacting early game (where terran shines).

10+ Year Old Account
    It's kinda cool that Protoss are having their Stargate expanded on, I hope they keep the Carrier. Sky Protoss is so cool to watch/play. And I wonder if they're going to replace the Warhound with anything, or just mess with it until it isn't OP. And honestly that Hellion change is bizarre to me, why not just have two different buttons to press, one for hellions to spawn in speed mode, and one for them to spawn in battle form.
    Last edited by -Zait-; 2012-09-15 at 09:14 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's kinda cool that Protoss are having their Stargate expanded on, I hope they keep the Carrier. Sky Protoss is so cool to watch/play. And I wonder if they're going to replace the Warhound with anything, or just mess with it until it isn't OP. And honestly that Hellion change is bizarre to me, why not just have two different buttons to press, one for hellions to spawn in speed mode, and one for them to spawn in battle form.
    In the latest patch they announced that the carrier is back.

Problem with protoss air is it's something you've got to start early and invest almost totally into. Unless you're going for a few early phoenixes for harassment you'll pretty much be going either stargate or gateway. I don't see a lot of situations where working both is very viable.

Deleted
    WCS Europe so great, I can't imagine how great the WCS World Finals will be.

Last edited by mmoc69dfb717ac; 2012-09-16 at 03:56 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Had88 View Post
    good, but the music between matches is god awful.

Deleted
    good, but the music between matches is god awful.
    In your opinion

Deleted
    they played the best song ever in a break...

they played the best song ever in a break...
    Figured they would be playing Korean song on Starcraft 2 torunament.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentStocket View Post
    In your opinion
    Fair enough.. maybe if it wasn't the same 5 songs over and over again it wouldn't be as bad. At least they give you the courtesy of telling you when the next match starts so you can mute the crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the latest patch they announced that the carrier is back.

Problem with protoss air is it's something you've got to start early and invest almost totally into. Unless you're going for a few early phoenixes for harassment you'll pretty much be going either stargate or gateway. I don't see a lot of situations where working both is very viable.
    I meant that I hope they don't remove the Carrier in a future balance patch. And yeah that's true you'd have to invest everything in it, but with so many options for air now, I think it'll be a lot more fun to watch than a big colossus ball. At least while the pros are seeing if Air is viable aha.

Deleted
    Well it's going ot be in China of all places, and SC2 isnt that big in China and it aint easy to get a visa to China either so we'll see.
    But the Europe finals were epic

Deleted
    Colossus is such an uniteresting units as it's micro options are very limited and the difference in colossus usage between pro and bronzie are minimal.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentStocket View Post
    Colossus is such an uniteresting units as it's micro options are very limited and the difference in colossus usage between pro and bronzie are minimal.
    Actually, Colossi and Brood Lords are probably the most balanced units in game, they're strong, and almost useless on their own, they need to be supported properly or they die extremely easy. Difference in usage between players exists in army positioning and support (Protoss army simply melts in seconds once zealots die, MC vs Kas at IEM Gamescom was a good example, i really like Kas' mass ghost strat).