10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cudomix View Post
    Actually, Colossi and Brood Lords are probably the most balanced units in game, they're strong, and almost useless on their own, they need to be supported properly or they die extremely easy. Difference in usage between players exists in army positioning and support (Protoss army simply melts in seconds once zealots die, MC vs Kas at IEM Gamescom was a good example, i really like Kas' mass ghost strat).
    Unless they've changed in the past 6 months, Colossi are ridiculously overpowered, a lot like flying siege tanks without the setup time or friendly fire.

But it's necessary for them to be like that, because Protoss gateway armies simply can't handle MMM or tier 2.5 zerg armies without them when the game is at that stage. Once it gets into the late game, Gateway is fine due to having 20-40 warpgates sitting around and the money in reserve to instantly remax on zealot/archon and attack-move to win or produce stalkers as needed, but before that, Protoss needs a superpowered unit that can kill the piles of marines or roaches (or whatever it is that zerg use these days, back when I played 12 minute max roaches the "in" thing) or they'll just get steamrolled.

And it's due to Warpgates being a bad decision choice. So much in SC2 is all wonky simply due to warpgates completely negating defender's advantage.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

We desperately need more overpowered units for all sides, just look at BW, most units there are OP, yet it all balances out in the end. SC2 really suffers from reduced skill cap, rewarding more micro would be good for players and spectators.

10+ Year Old Account
    We desperately need more overpowered units for all sides, just look at BW, most units there are OP, yet it all balances out in the end. SC2 really suffers from reduced skill cap, rewarding more micro would be good for players and spectators.
    I always heard the better casters talking about how the pathfinding AI is actually TOO good, in that it makes AOE maybe a little TOO effective, like because of how easily small units like lings, zealots, and rines bunch up.

I just wish Colossi were a little less of an "attack-move, watch enemy army die horribly," unit. They don't require the timing or positioning of tanks and aren't limited by fragility or energy like infestors and templar are. I mean, yeah, you have to dodge vikings and corruptors, but otherwise it's kind of like just attack-move them around and hey, easy money.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomzter View Post
    Well it's going ot be in China of all places, and SC2 isnt that big in China and it aint easy to get a visa to China either so we'll see.
    But the Europe finals were epic
    You have no idea HAHAHAHA

15+ Year Old Account
    Dreamhack Valencia this weekend. First group stage round is finished, 2nd one is just starting. Round of 16 starts tomorrow morning CEST.

Streams:
    http://www.twitch.tv/dreamhacktv
    http://www.twitch.tv/jorosar
    http://www.twitch.tv/z33ktv

Brackets:
    http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Main_Page

Deleted
    RO16 tomorrow. Possible sick games coming up. TaeJa, Hero, Stephano, ForGG, TheSTC, violet are all still in!

Stephano vs TaeJa game 1 is one of the best sc2 games i've ever seen (and I've seen a lot:P) Highly recommend to anyone to watch it, looking forward to tomorrow.

15+ Year Old Account
    Stephano vs TaeJa game 1 is one of the best sc2 games i've ever seen (and I've seen a lot:P) Highly recommend to anyone to watch it, looking forward to tomorrow.
    It was quite exceptional. I am a little disappointed with Stephano though. He claims he didn't practice all week. I think his ego may be getting too big. It's only 2 losses, but there were mistakes made there that he should have been able to deal with. Not building appropriate anti-air to deal with TaeJa's constant drops was a miss step in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't been able to watch any of it so far, who's casting it?

I'm playing and watching Starcraft for 4 months now, what i don't understand is why these pro-players(like stephano today) don't use anti-air turrents/spore/cannon. In ladder, if i drop one time, the guy will put 4 turrents in each expansion.

Well, Stephano always had excellent drop defense with his units alone, TaeJa had to send 2 medivacs most of the time, and even with multiple drops and distracting Stephano's army only half of the drops were effective. I think TaeJa prepared much better for the Stephano's style, continued harass even in lategame with that intensity is quite rare.

Also, if zerg is floating 6k minerals in game, why doesn't he drop another macro hatch? Their strength is in replenishing armies, and lings are extremely larva demanding, i think 3/3 cracklings are most efficient damage/resource or supply in game, runby can buy you time to morph new broods or ultras, but they burn through larva realy fast, and having huge stockpile of minerals is useless if you can't spend them fast enough when needed.

Regarding's Stephano's ego, i don't think his heart is in SC2 anymore, he was already planning on retiring early this year but he extended to focus on (lucrative) tournaments. That could be reason why he refused code S spot, it's more profitable to focus on western tournaments (in his defense, not many legal careers would be this profitable for someone with just high school, and medical school can get expensive).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    I haven't been able to watch any of it so far, who's casting it?
    Apollo and Kevin Knocke are casting on the main stream. Jorosar also has a really good stream. I linked it above.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdecker View Post
    I'm playing and watching Starcraft for 4 months now, what i don't understand is why these pro-players(like stephano today) don't use anti-air turrents/spore/cannon. In ladder, if i drop one time, the guy will put 4 turrents in each expansion.
    I can sorta understand why. It's one thing to put up a spore crawler or two to defend against an early banshee, but a group of 2 or 3 medivacs with M/M can easily slip in, drop, kill those defensive fast without risking much. That's a lot of resources lost at the end of the day. Its also hard leaving any units at expansions because that's less supply in your army. I do think when you're only mining off one base you should be defending it better. It's just hard to know how much bank the other guy has. Retreating or Turtling late game even for a min or two could be the end.

---------- Post added 2012-09-22 at 11:53 PM ----------

Regarding's Stephano's ego, i don't think his heart is in SC2 anymore, he was already planning on retiring early this year but he extended to focus on (lucrative) tournaments. That could be reason why he refused code S spot, it's more profitable to focus on western tournaments (in his defense, not many legal careers would be this profitable for someone with just high school, and medical school can get expensive).
    Lot's of people decline to play GSL. It's a fairly big commitment and you cant tour around like Stephano is doing now as much. I really don't blame him for declining at this point in his career. He simply doesn't need to.
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2012-09-23 at 03:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    It was quite exceptional. I am a little disappointed with Stephano though. He claims he didn't practice all week. I think his ego may be getting too big. It's only 2 losses, but there were mistakes made there that he should have been able to deal with. Not building appropriate anti-air to deal with TaeJa's constant drops was a miss step in my opinion.
    Stephano always was really big on ego. It's just good that he has the skills to back it up most of the time

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Stephano always was really big on ego. It's just good that he has the skills to back it up most of the time
    Choosing not to practice is a mistake though. Doesn't seem to be hurting him yet since he advanced early today.

---------- Post added 2012-09-23 at 06:52 AM ----------

Here's the Stephano vs TaeJa games from yesterday

http://www.twitch.tv/dreamhacktv/b/333081238?t=3h26m19s

---------- Post added 2012-09-23 at 12:37 PM ----------

And Stephano eliminated vs... nobody really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks Fuzzzie, was having issues finding those games (x

15+ Year Old Account
    Finals starting now. http://www.twitch.tv/dreamhacktv

TaeJa (Team Liquid) vs ForGG (Millennium)

TvT matchup. Should be interesting. Don't remember when I saw a TVT final last.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    Thanks Fuzzzie, was having issues finding those games (x
    teamliquid.net ....

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Had88 View Post
    teamliquid.net ....
    Which is what I linked!

TaeJa wins! Fairly good finale. I'm surprised it went to a game 5 to be honest. ForGG raised some eyebrows this weekend for sure. If he settles his early game down a little bit I think he'll start doing consistently well. Once the early aggression was picked up by TaeJa he didn't have much trouble picking him apart. I'm also surprised that he didn't prepare for cloaked banshees in 4/5 of the games. If I lost that many SCV's in the first game I would definetly have a turret up early in the second.

Funniest moment had to be the zerg player who baneling busted his own greater spire. forget who that was but they won the game

10+ Year Old Account
    Incredibly disappointed with the way keys are handed out, one of my friends who rarely ever plays got invited today, I play on a daily basis, got 3 accounts, no beta key
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/6712882742

Sometimes you just need more bronze players, you'll probably get one as more and more players are invited.

Update 4 is out, i like direction they took with mothership core, now protoss are probably done for a week or two, looking forward to widow mine changes.

PS i hate phase shield, ultra hard counters in games are never fun, and for me they're sign of bad design. On positive side, Blizzard is seriously listening to beta feedback so far, i dare even to get my hopes up for HotS.