do roaches cost 1 or 2 supply in hots? i wish i could just go on the official forums but i was banned a long time ago for using my starcraft 2 on the d3 forums

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauren View Post
    do roaches cost 1 or 2 supply in hots? i wish i could just go on the official forums but i was banned a long time ago for using my starcraft 2 on the d3 forums
    2. They wouldn't change that.

Deleted
    Do blizzard games ever go on sale? i did enjoy WoL for the first few months but i never got really into it.

They do go on sale every few months. I wouldn't be surprised if there was an upcoming christmas sale for Blizzard's games.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauren View Post
    They remain at 2 supply. Didn't roaches cost 1 supply early in WOL, then were changed because they were super imba at 1 supply?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    They do go on sale every few months. I wouldn't be surprised if there was an upcoming christmas sale for Blizzard's games.
    There was a Black Friday sale, $10 for the battlechest and then $5 for the other two expansions. I believe WOL was heavily discounted as well.

EG-Liquid vs KT is starting soon today. So freaking hyped for Proleague.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    They remain at 2 supply. Didn't roaches cost 1 supply early in WOL, then were changed because they were super imba at 1 supply?

There was a Black Friday sale, $10 for the battlechest and then $5 for the other two expansions. I believe WOL was heavily discounted as well.
    Yeah they were 1 supply at early WoL beta, you'd have double the amount of roaches which was ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    EG-Liquid vs KT is starting soon today. So freaking hyped for Proleague.
    Disappointed with the matches, but I suppose I shouldn't be surprised - it was their debut match and they were missing 3 of their best players (Stephano, Taeja and Hero) as well as Idra.

Deleted
    I can't wait for HotS :P It's going to be amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    @ noteworthynerd: Did it not occur to the TL poster that korean zergs will also use fungal to crush foreign zergs even harder? I agree with your point about training though.
    Supposedly they were being sarcastic, but I didn't really read it that way.

Either way, you're right - luckily, with the changes introduced in the latest HOTS patch, it seems Blizzard agrees with the majority of the SC2 playerbase.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    • Infestor
    • Fungal Growth:
    • Is now a projectile.
    • Speed of the projectile is 10.
    • Range down to 8.
    • Infested Terrans no longer gain weapon and armor upgrades.
    • Infested Terran egg health down to 70.

Deleted
    Re there any good custom maps wroth playing out there?

the Star Battle custom map is amazing. 6v6 almost MOBA style starship war, death is permanent but it takes a lot for you to die, havn't played it in ages but used to be at the low end of the pro scene in it (they have tournaments and all) and loved it to death. It has an awesome community; big enough that games are easy to find and theres tons of people, and small enough that you can get to know people and the pro players. Last I played it there were 9 ships (3 Zerg, 3 Protoss, 3 Terran. 3 were support ships), but more may have been added and it's always being changed. I got into Star Battle way more then SC2 itself.

Mafia is a ton of fun.

Those are the two I loved.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSnail View Post
    Re there any good custom maps wroth playing out there?
    Phantom Battle (deception and manipulation game)
    Star Battle (moba style with air only, very cool)
    Hero Attack (moba game with unit heroes, so like ultralisk hero, marine hero, colossus hero, etc)
    Photon Cycles (a Tron racing/death match mod)
    Nexus Wars (timing and counter game)

and others I sure I'm forgetting aha

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    Disappointed with the matches, but I suppose I shouldn't be surprised - it was their debut match and they were missing 3 of their best players (Stephano, Taeja and Hero) as well as Idra.
    While some of the individual matches were great to watch, I feel EG with it's admittedly well made "The Tyrant Cometh." ( http://www.myeg.net/ ) and the prematch moderation build up too much hype and raised expectations too high. Apart from Flash the KT lineup may not have the most recognized names in Eu/US, but these are handpicked 24/7 pros.

Deleted
    Take's HSC VI going on right now. Great players, at least somewhat drunk commentators:

http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/TaKeTV

15+ Year Old Account

Merry Christmas to all SC2 fans ;D

10+ Year Old Account
    Love Carbot, such good animations.

Question Opinions on Starcarft.

I've always been interested in getting into this game; I'm definitely a casual gamer and don't have much time at all for playing anymore games, but I figured since a new expansion for Starcraft was coming out it would be a pretty good time to dabble into Starcraft and give it a try.

So my question is what do you guys like and dislike about starcraft? Honestly I've never really heard any negative feedback on the game/series but I'd like to hear what you guys have to say about it.

The game is stupid boring if you ask me. I've tried multiple times to get into it and can never manage to play more than 30 minutes or so before falling asleep and giving up.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    If you "hardcore" enough, definitely start with the original game and its expansion, cost like 5$ together, that one had amazing story line, but its an old game. AI is a bit weird, not many difference between missions, etc

The new one is pretty causal friendly, if you don't want to play online on ladder against other players, different computer level ( 5 i think ), the gameplay is one of the best single player RTS gameplay, and based on the gameplay trailer for HotS, its even better for the expansion.

It is a good game, worth your money, and if you get hooked onto multiplayer, you will play 100x more into it than into single player.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*