10+ Year Old Account
    Well I dont play zerg, but I can also tell you how much a third base is needed against any T or P with two bases. Key is to grab a third when they grab their natural. Abuse overlord and zergling maphack to find out when they do this.

Also does noone here have the hots beta? I am still needing more people to play with there!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Deleted
    I got too greedy and took a 3rd so my army just couldn't handle his Colossus/Stalker/Charge Zealot force
    Nope, not greedy enough. You have to take your 3rd long before any Coloss/Chargelot tec is done. Scout the Natural around 15, if there is any forge/pylon/nexus feel free to take your 3rd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fryya View Post
    Nope, not greedy enough. You have to take your 3rd long before any Coloss/Chargelot tec is done. Scout the Natural around 15, if there is any forge/pylon/nexus feel free to take your 3rd.
    This, but I guess you mean 5 minutes.
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.

Yea, I've played a bit of the HotS beta, I love the changes they're making, not just in game but with outside the game as well. With the UI of the game menu's and all the replay stuff, they're adding quite a bit to the game that will improve it quite a bit.

I also main zerg, but I haven't played SC2 for quite a while so I'm rusty and all but I'm trying to get back into the swing of things for the release of HotS!

Quote Originally Posted by ac1dburn View Post
    Yea, I've played a bit of the HotS beta, I love the changes they're making, not just in game but with outside the game as well. With the UI of the game menu's and all the replay stuff, they're adding quite a bit to the game that will improve it quite a bit.

I also main zerg, but I haven't played SC2 for quite a while so I'm rusty and all but I'm trying to get back into the swing of things for the release of HotS!
    Agree about the UI changes. The UI looks so much better than WoL. I just read about the reply changes coming in HoTS and you can really tell that they have put a lot of work in to the game. My favourite part is that you can lose a game and then watch the reply and take control of the game and play it differently over and over to find out how you could have handled it better. I certainly shall be making great use of that feature!

Check it out here: http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/712...arm-24_01_2013

Deleted
    Very interesting feature, nice to see they're putting in effort to give players more tools to improve their game

10+ Year Old Account
    Hots beta key giveaways at http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/MLGSC2 right now. Be ready with your bnet acc as they keep highlighting keys in the window. So it's basically the one who reads, types and hits enter first that gets it.

Any noobs to SC2 feel free to add me for a game DStruct#2256

Quote Originally Posted by Millennía View Post
    Agree about the UI changes. The UI looks so much better than WoL. I just read about the reply changes coming in HoTS and you can really tell that they have put a lot of work in to the game. My favourite part is that you can lose a game and then watch the reply and take control of the game and play it differently over and over to find out how you could have handled it better. I certainly shall be making great use of that feature!

Check it out here: http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/712...arm-24_01_2013
    Yea, that's part of what I was talking about with the replays, it will help newer players learn the game much better and increase their skill, while players like me who pretty much took probably a year long break to get back into the game and refresh their skill, because after playing some of the HotS I can tell you, I will need that feature lol .

I also like the replay feature to where you can invite your friends that are online to join in the replay to talk about what happened and to show them, and most likely get a different set of eyes to see what happened good or bad, I think that's a pretty great feature as well, my friends and I will be using it.

But if any one wants to play I'll need to find my gamer tag on there and either post it or msg me on here, I can't remember if it matter but I'm on the US Regions if there are different regions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Millennía View Post
    Well I have been playing a few games now and I have been focusing solely on my macro. There has been a few times where it has slipped due to early pushes though but it is getting better. However, when my pure macro goes good then I feel like I cant lose because after every engagement I have a fresh army ready to go again

Still in Silver League atm but I just destroyed a Gold league "slightly favoured" Terran player with an Infestor/Zergling/Ultralisk combo with a few muta's to deal with drops and reached Rank 1 in Silver so improvements are definitely happening! Which is evident by my match history: http://i.imgur.com/izkfHDs.jpg

One thing I am still unsure of as Zerg though, in particular against Protoss but also in general which is when is it safe to take and 3rd and 4th etc? I lost a game earlier to a Protoss player and I feel that I got too greedy and took a 3rd so my army just couldn't handle his Colossus/Stalker/Charge Zealot force. Against a passive Terran player I try to take a 3rd around 7 mins or so but against this Protoss I took a 3rd at 8 mins so I am not sure if i was just being greedy but it could also be a combination of that and that I didn't scout as much as I perhaps should of.

To answer your question, it depends. If they FFE and have a wall going up, take a third since Zerg can expand the quickest out of all the races. You can take one at the 4 to 5 min mark if they're going two base. Just scout and try and gauge when they're going to attack. If it's sooner than later, don't get a fourth and get units. If its vice versa, get some units to be safe and for map control, and take a quick fourth. It honestly just depends on what they're doing.

With that being said though, try and stay a base ahead as Zerg. Also a good thing to do for macro/econ is lets say you have 3 bases and you take a fourth, and you already have around 80 drones, take 3-5 drones from each base that's starting to have depleted minerals, and transfer them to the new base, and do this every time you take a new base and have depleted minerals in other bases. This will make your minerals last longer.

Also, especially if you have an excess of drones, put a couple spines and spores at every base around the 15 minute mark (or sooner depending on what they're doing) this will protect you from drops, DT's, etc. It doesn't cost a lot of money and it'll save you if they try something. Doing really well in a game and losing outright to DT's because you didn't get any detection is a very frustrating feeling.

---------- Post added 2013-02-13 at 11:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wass View Post
    It's not exactly what I said Zait, Zerg is difficult at first but then gets really easy once you have the macro mechanics down. I play Terran now and I tell you it's a pain in the ass past gold league. The amount of multitasking I have to do is incredible.
    I'd argue that Zerg have more multitasking.

Zerg have more macro mechanics than Protoss and Terran, Terran have mules which are fairly easy to use and you aren't punished hard for forgetting to use them consistently, since you can just vomit them all down at once (mid or late game). Then they have que based mechanics for making units, which can be tricky at first, but with multiple building select, and once you get the timings down on unit ques, you just muscle memory remember to do aaaaaaaaa, ddddddddd, ssssssssss, etc. and you can do it while looking anywhere on the map.

Zerg, however, have larva injects which will punish you consistently if you forget since you just won't be able to make units, and unlike protoss or terran, you have to go back to your bases to make units via injecting, or the minimap. Also creep spread which takes a fair amount of micro. Now I'm not saying one race is harder than another, but Zerg definitely has the highest learning curve just because of how much stuff you have to do, and because of how hard you get punished if you are not injecting or using creep spread consistently.

---------- Post added 2013-02-13 at 11:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wass View Post
    Well I dont play zerg, but I can also tell you how much a third base is needed against any T or P with two bases. Key is to grab a third when they grab their natural. Abuse overlord and zergling maphack to find out when they do this.

Also does noone here have the hots beta? I am still needing more people to play with there!
    I do friend! I've just been so busy with school and stuff. I'll add you next time I get the chance to sit down and play xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool, cool Zait. I'll probably be around later today if I can just finish my goddamn work.

Deleted
    So, did they say anything about how the client is going to be after launch? Is it just going to upgrade your WOL account or do you need to install it separately?

Well, I just downloaded 6GB the other day, so I'm guessing the game will just be added on top of what you already have.

12min 2 base 3 gas mech push again TvX works amazing on smaller or any 2 player maps. I am going for 1 reactor fact going producing all hellbats and one tech factory going for non stop thors with a tech starport going for ravens>medivacs depending on gas and pushing at 4 thors and bring 16ish scvs for repair. Seeker missle any immortals/roach balls or siege tanks and GG

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelond View Post
    12min 2 base 3 gas mech push again TvX works amazing on smaller or any 2 player maps. I am going for 1 reactor fact going producing all hellbats and one tech factory going for non stop thors with a tech starport going for ravens>medivacs depending on gas and pushing at 4 thors and bring 16ish scvs for repair. Seeker missle any immortals/roach balls or siege tanks and GG
    So you turtle until 12 then do an all-in? What supply are you at then?

Anyone want a HotS beta key? First post after this one that says they want it, gets it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like it but I would end up giving it away to a friend in need if that's alright with you. Cheers for asking though!

PM the key to me please

Sent the key to Wass since he was the first.

Gratz, Wass! I knew that I shouldn't have slept in today :P