Quote Originally Posted by Luciank255 View Post
    Are you kidding? It just looks simple when he does it. That guy has a brain in his head, in his hands and in his every fricking finger for that matter. Just the fact that it looks so simple and smooth while he plays is a testimony how actually GREAT he's playing.

He managed to win with the race LEAST in favor in HoTS for the time being. AND he played the most amazing games in his life on MLG before this one ( WoL not HoTS ) where he ABSOLUTELY destroyed with his micro ( He boosts his macro [ building hatcheries, drones, queens, gas, etc. ] by outmicroing his opponent with his army positions and scouting power )

I just want to say that, what he is doing is NOT easy, not even the slightest, he's just good at it that it looks so simple.
    Zerg isn't the least favoured race by a long shot. Most of the pro Zerg players haven't adapted to the new meta game is all. Life took Ling Bling Muta, an old WoL staple and dominated with it. He used Vipers a few times and even had a couple of Infestors in a few times. When I say simple play - it was focused, he wasn't trying out all crazy strategies or anything he wasn't comfortable with. He just went with what he knew has countered Bio forever. Saying that it was a simple play doesn't insinuate that it was easy. That's two very different things. He also defended his mineral lines effectively, whether with static defences or queens and a few units held back, denying the so called 'OP' Medivac boosters any benefits - something that most Zerg players didn't even attempt, leaving themselves wide open to have their economies crushed.

Most of the other Zerg players fell down because of a lack of static defences and a confused mid field play, which was more about stalling the Terran than trying to pressure him.
    Last edited by Shinzai; 2013-03-18 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Addendum

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Zerg isn't the least favoured race by a long shot. Most of the pro Zerg players haven't adapted to the new meta game is all. Life took Ling Bling Muta, an old WoL staple and dominated with it. He used Vipers a few times and even had a couple of Infestors in a few times. When I say simple play - it was focused, he wasn't trying out all crazy strategies or anything he wasn't comfortable with. He just went with what he knew has countered Bio forever. Saying that it was a simple play doesn't insinuate that it was easy. That's two very different things. He defended his mineral lines effectively, denying the so called 'OP' Medivac boosters any benefits.

Most of the other Zerg players fell down because of a lack of static defences and a confused mid field play, which was more about stalling the Terran than trying to pressure him.
    Life just went back to 2011 and Terrans expect to see a infestor turtling zergs and got rolled over my Life because of it.
    The answers to MutaLingBling are already there. Now terrans will go back to 2011 and MutaLingBling will fade away once
    more.

And considering how ling heavy Life was, I don't understand why no one bothered to mix like 6 Hellbats to their army.

Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post
    Are people still complaining about using spoiler tags? Look what ever your logic is , we don't care anymore then, You are in the minority so deal with it and use them. I'm not even going to argue it takes 5 seconds to use them. This is a megathead, people who are brand new may come here to get an idea of the game and see if they will like it or not, they should not have the ending shoved in their face.
    Sounds like someone took a dump on your freshly cut lawn.

And considering how ling heavy Life was, I don't understand why no one bothered to mix like 6 Hellbats to their army.
    Because builds are still being tested and improved upon, remember early WoL when armies consisted just of few types of units. Also, overlord spread of most zerg players was really bad, terrans used heavy drop play at this tournament, and no one bothered to spot and intercept them before they dropped. Zerg can't just turtle in the mid anymore and wait for infestor/broodlord, you need static defenses (which aren't so static in the case of Zerg^^).

Quote Originally Posted by juzalol View Post
    Life just went back to 2011 and Terrans expect to see a infestor turtling zergs and got rolled over my Life because of it.
    The answers to MutaLingBling are already there. Now terrans will go back to 2011 and MutaLingBling will fade away once
    more.

Problem with Hellbats is they can't keep up with Life's Ling micro and they do nothing to Banelings. As to going Thor/Tank later on, Vipers can hard counter it. Which means that Thors can't take the front of the field and Siege tanks have to be persistently moved out of siege mode.

Life's micro vs mines was unreal....

I liked the game overall, but it had it's issues.

I felt underwhelmed somehow while playing HotS. The campaign missions were so streamlined this time around, that you practically bursted through most of them in less than 30mins, making it feel much, much shorter than WoL. I also missed that "big surprise", the story was a bit too predictable for my taste.

Otherwise great campaign, but same feeling as I had with D3, too short.
    Last edited by Draenox; 2013-03-18 at 04:56 PM.

The campaign was made shorter due to some people whining WOL was too long. I would have easily enjoyed another 10missions added onto that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draenox View Post
    I liked the game overall, but it had it's issues.

I felt underwhelmed somehow while doing HotS. The campaign missions were so streamlined this time around, that you practically bursted through most of them in less than 30mins, making it feel much, much shorter than WoL. I also missed that "big surprise", the story was a bit too predictable for my taste.

Otherwise great campaign, but same feeling as I had with D3, too short.
    I enjoyed the HotS campaign 10 times more than WoL, most of WoL ones felt like a bland experience with not much action, disliked the "defend the base for x minutes" (same with SC1 terran mission 3, was just macrodefense gg), it is indeed easier and that may be because the evolution/upgrade options were just too powerful.

I liked the campaign I finished it on brutal in 10ish hours with no major problems had to load check point once or twice max on the hardest levels but I found the mastery achievements today and daamm some of those achievements are really fun and force you to rush and think different to complete them. even if most of them are just Do X before Y time its still a ton of fun

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    I enjoyed the HotS campaign 10 times more than WoL, most of WoL ones felt like a bland experience with not much action, disliked the "defend the base for x minutes" (same with SC1 terran mission 3, was just macrodefense gg), it is indeed easier and that may be because the evolution/upgrade options were just too powerful.
    Kerrigan is also a huge part of why it felt easy, she is so ridiculously overpowered both alone and when with an army. That enrage that increases health and attack speed is the stupidest spell they have implemented. Zerglings with 235 hp instead of 35, and 100% increased attack speed, or Ultralisks with lifesteal and the same buff; it's so imbalanced. I guess you could play without those abilities, but Kerrigan overall is a far too overpowered hero unit

Have not had a chance to play it myself but I watched Jesse Cox's play through it looks like a lot of the missions are just the old WoL Missions done in a different way. For example that one with the terrazine where you had to get seven and stop the Tal'darim from closing seven looks like the one where you need to get food for Zurvan and stop the Primal Zerg from killing the animals

10+ Year Old Account
    Finished the camp last night. Rly liked it. Did feel about 5 hours shorter than WoL, but thats ok.

Yes, Kerrigan is too damn strong. Some missions, I screwed up royally, but was able to finish on top ~ simply because she has that AoE Heal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehir View Post
    Have not had a chance to play it myself but I watched Jesse Cox's play through it looks like a lot of the missions are just the old WoL Missions done in a different way. For example that one with the terrazine where you had to get seven and stop the Tal'darim from closing seven looks like the one where you need to get food for Zurvan and stop the Primal Zerg from killing the animals
    you can let the primal zerg kill all the animals just don't let them destroy the meat. I let them kill like half the animals for me and then just picked up the meat after.

I know I am too late..now that blizzard have a discount for it I want to ask something before I buy

1)I have never played starcraft and I know nothing about the lore. Do I need to know what happened in the first game before I play the second?If yes, is there anywhere I can see/read about it?

2)I am not interested about the multiplayer part. I heard about the multiplayer is awesome. Is this is why Starcraft have high rates? Is it worth to buy it only for the single player part? Does it take long to finish it and does it have any kind of replayability?(shape the story by chosing different paths, e.t.c.)
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    I know I am too late..now that blizzard have a discount for it I want to ask something before I buy

1)I have never played starcraft and I know nothing about the lore. Do I need to know what happened in the first game before I play the second?If yes, is there anywhere I can see/read about it?

2)I am not interested about the multiplayer part. I heard about the multiplayer is awesome. Is this is why Starcraft have high rates? Is it worth to buy it only for the single player part? Does it take long to finish it and does it have any kind of replayability?(shape the story by chosing different paths, e.t.c.)
    1) You do not need to know the lore. But knowing it sure is a great asset, as this will enhance your gaming experience. There was some link to a walkthrough of it on the previous page in this thread I believe.

2) The multiplayer part is what makes this thread pretty much. The single player is just an asset that we also talk about while it's still "fresh". Yes, the multiplayer is why it has "high rates". I cannot answer your question if the single player alone is worth it or not since this depends on personal taste. I cannot even tell you from my own viewpoint as I play the game for multiplayer, but I had fun playing the campaign. I do know 2-3 friends who got it solely for the single player part though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Havn't got HotS yet, but I've already decdied that when (if...) I do, I will play every mission that doesn't force me to without using Kerrigan.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

So what's the general consensus with SC2 in general? I'm downloading the starter edition, but I'm curious how people feel about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squadz View Post
    So what's the general consensus with SC2 in general? I'm downloading the starter edition, but I'm curious how people feel about it.
    Lots of fun. Decent custom games. Good campaign.

Multiplayer is fun, but has a high skill ceiling and can be complicated at first to play, but with the expansion they made a good beginner tutorial for multiplayer play.

Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    Lots of fun. Decent custom games. Good campaign.

Multiplayer is fun, but has a high skill ceiling and can be complicated at first to play, but with the expansion they made a good beginner tutorial for multiplayer play.
    Played the demo tonight, and the tutorial stages etc. Doesn't look like my type of game. I loved Warcraft 3 and the hero system, but there was more to it. I don't know what it is, but Starcraft is missing it for me.