Quote Originally Posted by Squadz View Post
    Played the demo tonight, and the tutorial stages etc. Doesn't look like my type of game. I loved Warcraft 3 and the hero system, but there was more to it. I don't know what it is, but Starcraft is missing it for me.
    Different kind of RTS. SC1/SC2 are traditional RTS with heavy emphasis in mechanic and economy management side. WC3 was Blizzard innovative take on the genre. They brought rpg aspect into RTS and it worked out quite well but if you ask me, as a RTS game SC1/SC2 are better than WC3. SC have deeper strategy and much harder mechanic.

Since there is all this talk about Zerg Independence and how the hive mind was a corruption I am going to put my money on Titan being a Star Craft MMO with 3 factions since you can effectively have a Zerg "character".

Deleted
    Started playing a couple of days ago and now hit gold.
    However, I do feel I only know about one strategy, so need to read up waaaay more.

Do you guys stick to one race or play with all of 'm?

Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    However, I do feel I only know about one strategy, so need to read up waaaay more.

I sticked with 1 solid build order that will lead to macro game until I hit diamond. It helps hone your mechanic much better this way. Once you reach diamond or master you could start to use variety of buid orders.

I stick to Zerg for ranked but I do sometimes try the other races on unranked for practice. As for build orders it depends on the race I am playing. Against Terran I find that ling/baneling combined with Mutalisk is very effective and I sometimes add in some infestors and transition into Brood Lords. Against Protoss I go Roach/Hydra/Ling and try to end it early before they get too many end tier units but I have also added Vipers to the mix for Blinding Cloud on Stalkers and Abduct on the colossus. Zerg Vs Zerg is my weak spot however I have been doing a Pool @14 -> 15 Hatch > Drone to approx 20 > Zergling attack. This works very well for me because the lower Zergs cant handle that pressure, especially the 2 Zergs that rushed for Mutalisk so they have no units to defend.

OT: After a gruelling series of placement matches and being put in Bronze when I am normally Gold, I played a few matches and now have a 6 game winning streak going and got myself promoted back to Gold so thank god it worked out fine. I am now starting to adjust to HotS so I am actually performing very well and winning regularly so hoping to get to Platinum now.

10+ Year Old Account

I play as random in ranked but I'm not that good, because I don't do 1v1 that much, I'd rather play with friends.

Deleted
    Possibly the most I've enjoyed esports ever

Quote Originally Posted by Wass View Post
    1) You do not need to know the lore. But knowing it sure is a great asset, as this will enhance your gaming experience. There was some link to a walkthrough of it on the previous page in this thread I believe.

2) The multiplayer part is what makes this thread pretty much. The single player is just an asset that we also talk about while it's still "fresh". Yes, the multiplayer is why it has "high rates". I cannot answer your question if the single player alone is worth it or not since this depends on personal taste. I cannot even tell you from my own viewpoint as I play the game for multiplayer, but I had fun playing the campaign. I do know 2-3 friends who got it solely for the single player part though.
    thanks for answer I have downloaded the starter edition from battle.net and played some tutorials. Can't say I got excited but ok I know is very start hehe. And all my friends have diablo but none of them Starcraft, or Icould have login with their battle.net and see it better
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just finished the game and it it awesome. Btw there was a murlock and diablo on the Protos ship

Quote Originally Posted by sinilaid View Post
    Btw there was a murlock and diablo on the Protos ship
    More specificaly, on the Roach - corpser strain evolution mission.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    More specificaly, on the Roach - corpser strain evolution mission.
    well it was in a lab or someplace maybe I'm wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Finished the camp last night. Rly liked it. Did feel about 5 hours shorter than WoL, but thats ok.

Yes, Kerrigan is too damn strong. Some missions, I screwed up royally, but was able to finish on top ~ simply because she has that AoE Heal.
    I agree as someone who goes through the campaign on brutal the first time and just finished last night. I had way more trouble with WoL then HotS just because of Kerrigan. I realize I've gotten better at the game since then but I literally had zero experience with zerg going in and the only mission I really had trouble with was the early one on the ice world where you have to attack the shuttles. Any other mission, especially once she starts getting all her powers, seemed too easy for brutal. Mend(or even the enrage) + chain reaction + fury and a leviathan and she was unstoppable with any decent sized army. I think I'm going to try going through the campaign again but not using her at all and see how much harder it is.

Still though I really enjoyed the campaign and felt the missions overall and story were very well done. Abathur is also hilarious, he had me laughing a few times.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone reading this within 1 hour of this post, do you want to play a few customs? I barely touched SC2 the last couple of weeks despite the campaign because I haven't had time, but now I have it. I play on EU but can log onto NA aswell if you wish. Platinum Terran in WoL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

10+ Year Old Account
    best custom: Sentry scramble.

Out of curiosity guys, how good were the campaigns in the original Starcraft games? I never played them... I was thinking I should, but then I realised that they'd be so old I wouldn't be able to enjoy them. It would be amazing if someone used the map editor to remake the old campaigns, so new players could catch up on the lore and get a taste of the old campaigns. I imagine that would be a huge amount of work though...
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post
    Out of curiosity guys, how good were the campaigns in the original Starcraft games? I never played them... I was thinking I should, but then I realised that they'd be so old I wouldn't be able to enjoy them. It would be amazing if someone used the map editor to remake the old campaigns, so new players could catch up on the lore and get a taste of the old campaigns. I imagine that would be a huge amount of work though...
    Really good if you could stand playing old game. You will find its UI pretty clunky though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post
    Actually, it was done, fully with everything from original voices, mission briefing etc :

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/view...opic_id=303166

Deleted
    Found this for you starcraft players:
    http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/899...verse-3_8_2013

Starcraft Universe!
    Last edited by mmoc994dcc48c2; 2013-03-20 at 12:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    After some fun last night I'd like to point out I'm available for custom games again! Shoot me a pm or just post here! WoL Platinum Terran.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.