10+ Year Old Account
    Right... I do fairly well but I seem to struggle vs protoss once they deathball. Even if I have a deathball myself and more unit producing facilities (better macro because I've been harassing) I just can't seem to win a straight up engage if the protoss is on my level of apm and control. I seem to have problem sniping/emping HTs mainly.

Any suggested approach on this? Part of me tells me to never let the protoss reach lategame but that's just not viable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    While Blizzard doesn't usually set the bar very high when it comes to writing, this is probably their best work from a story perspective. Thoroughly enjoyed the campaign, not looking forward to waiting the next two (three?) years before Legacy becomes a thing.

I like how a lot of the concept art and promotional material was modelswapped Nova in for original Kerrigan when Narud pulled out that freaking sick Psiblade (where do I get one?). Unlike another game MGS2, I was honestly pleased with the result.

Of course, that whole build up towards the end was nothing more than emotionally moving. For once I'm very happy to say well done, Blizzard. Well done.
    The psiblade was originated due to high psionic energy being focused in one point, in this case the hand, thus forming a "blade". (it's a basic explanation but it's more or less about high psionic power levels)

---------- Post added 2013-03-21 at 10:21 PM ----------

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/view...opic_id=403685 -> HURRY FOR TL FANTASY GSTL SIGNUPS !

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    The psiblade was originated due to high psionic energy being focused in one point, in this case the hand, thus forming a "blade". (it's a basic explanation but it's more or less about high psionic power levels)
    Oh, of this I have zero doubt. I just mean, we haven't seen this to that extent before. Zealots have Psiblades, but theirs are treated differently (as we see with them using them full time, but then Fenix losing his?). And how it was used, and portrayed, in this particular instance, was all kinds of awesome.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wass View Post
    Right... I do fairly well but I seem to struggle vs protoss once they deathball. Even if I have a deathball myself and more unit producing facilities (better macro because I've been harassing) I just can't seem to win a straight up engage if the protoss is on my level of apm and control. I seem to have problem sniping/emping HTs mainly.

Any suggested approach on this? Part of me tells me to never let the protoss reach lategame but that's just not viable.
    Yeah I'm in the same boat but as Zerg. Skytoss is all I'm seeing and so far I've just been base trading with Muta clouds. For you since your Terran, I'd try more widow mines and hellbats. Granted, I have a limited amount of knowledge as Terran, but I also play Protoss, and I have a lot of problems with those two.

Try getting the widow mine upgrade so you can burrow in a second, and of course hellbats just destroy zealots and are bulky enough to not take too much damage from storm (same amount as roaches more or less).

10+ Year Old Account
    My only two peeves are:

1) No secret mission. I really look forward to those, so it's actually quite a let down for me.
    2) Very predictable storyline. No real curve balls.

Still a good game. Maybe a bit too easy with Kerrigan's godlike abilities, but I just upped the difficulty setting and it balanced out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree, storyline was way too predictable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wass View Post

Keep track on your opponents army all the time try to spread out for optimal dmg output and minimal splash dmg on you, TvP lategame is all about positioning, try to kill observers with vikings if you have cloaked ghosts. If templars are stacked at the back like they usually are at low league games flank with ghosts EMP / snipe shit and a-move with stim MMM.

EU Diamond and below proof strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Blizzard went with "every choice is right one". If you side with Tosh, you see that spectres are just little extravagant. If you side with Nova, you learn that spectres are all insane. You always choose the right path, and background changes to acknowledge that.
    They go with that yes, and theres no problem with it, they want you to make your own story.

BUT if you want to actually get down to discussing what path Blizzard takes for lore(theres even a blue post out there) it takes the path I mentioned. They even reference every single event in the HoTS missions.

Tosh is still on Raynors ships and Matt even suggests using him to Kerrigan on one mission but Kerrigan wants to go alone. Meaning that Raynor would had to have sided with Tosh in WoL. The destruction of the sky platform is also mentioned by Isha I believe on the char missions as to why you have no air support. Dr. Hanson is also referenced showing she is still alive. There is indeed one path blizz follows although they want you to think your making your own.

Unless those references change dynamically? Which I seriouslly doubt considering you don't have to import your WoL campaign save to HotS.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2013-03-22 at 07:16 PM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    They go with that yes, and theres no problem with it, they want you to make your own story.

BUT if you want to actually get down to discussing what path Blizzard takes for lore(theres even a blue post out there) it takes the path I mentioned. They even reference every single event in the HoTS missions.

Tosh is still on Raynors ships and Matt even suggests using him to Kerrigan on one mission but Kerrigan wants to go alone. Meaning that Raynor would had to have sided with Tosh in WoL. The destruction of the sky platform is also mentioned by Isha I believe on the char missions as to why you have no air support. Dr. Hanson is also referenced showing she is still alive. There is indeed one path blizz follows although they want you to think your making your own.
    no, its more like in many games that have different choices that you can take there are cannon choices for the story for future games, like Kotor games same thing. Like for game play you can make choices where the is an actual cannon ending and gender for the Main character in terms of the overall star wars story.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post
    no, its more like in many games that have different choices that you can take there are cannon choices for the story for future games, like Kotor games same thing. Like for game play you can make choices where the is an actual cannon ending and gender for the Main character in terms of the overall star wars story.
    Isn't that exactly what I said? That there are multiple paths but there is only one 'official' cannon path Blizz uses for future games. Like how Bioware took the light side path for Revan and Meetra in KOTOR for SWTOR.

"We’ve had a discussion about that and there’s a couple ways we’d like to handle it but we have to have canon in that this is the definite choice. So what we’ve come up with is what we call the “A” choice is always canon. So in that case it would be siding with Hanson so that she is alive. Siding with Tosh and choosing on Char to take out the air platform.

However, we’re trying not to actively deny that your experience has never happened. So what we’re doing is, if we ever need to reference something, we have a canon version. But the truth is, my preference is to just avoid those topics all together so that your experience is never invalidated. So you play Wings of Liberty and you make certain choices as you go forward in the StarCraft Universe. You don’t run into anything that invalidates your previous choices. "
    -source
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2013-03-22 at 07:26 PM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    Isn't that exactly what I said? That there are multiple paths but there is only one 'official' cannon path Blizz uses for future games. Like how Bioware took the light side path for Revan and Meetra in KOTOR for SWTOR.
    well those were the cannon endings of KOTOR long before SWTOR was even announced but yeah.

That blue post is kind of funny looking at it now actually. As the last line in completely invalidated by how they purposely gave you references in HotS to know exactly what happened. They must have taken a 180 on that approach to lore since he made that post and have just totally abandoned the multiple paths.They just stuck it on your units instead, which I don't mind at all actually as I loved the HotS story and the unit evolutions.

---------- Post added 2013-03-22 at 03:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    My only two peeves are:

1) No secret mission. I really look forward to those, so it's actually quite a let down for me.
    2) Very predictable storyline. No real curve balls.
    People actually predicted the primal zerg? That completely caught me by surprise and I loved how they used it.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2013-03-22 at 07:45 PM.

I think the whole evolution of the Zerg species, the Primal Zerg and Ancient One were really interesting facets of the story. Most people are obsessing over the core relationship and how it plays out though.

I was more fascinated by all of the light the story shines on the Zerg as a race/culture, and why they are the way they are and why they do what they do, not to mention how they've changed over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Tricia Helfer (Six) is the voice actress for Kerrigan, has been since just after the very first promo work for Wings of Liberty was done.
    'Six' is great as Kerri!

Yey, won all 5 of my ranked games, even beat a masters terran, gotta love protoss

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    Yey, won all 5 of my ranked games, even beat a masters terran, gotta love protoss
    A move to victory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    SkyToss with Storms.

Zergs are gonna have a bad time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by juzalol View Post
    SkyToss with Storms.

I got up to silver yesterday against zerg just using tempests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by juzalol View Post
    SkyToss with Storms.

T_T

Mhm.

I think I've made more corruptors since the hots beta, and now into launch, than I have in my entire time playing Wings of Liberty.

I must just be lucky then because I am a high rank gold and I never came across a Protoss using air units at all. I just see the usual deathball of Sentry/Stalker/Colossus