Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

There should be ONE (or 2-3) Heroics that are MASSIVE.

There should be atleast One heroic like BRD where its a massive instance. lots of bosses etc (ideally 2 or 3 instances)

let me explain how we can do this with out QQ

1. it gives the best rewards drop wise for any heroic (maybe its own personal set), but not more valor points, due to more bosses, much less valor. as much as the average instance gives.
    2. its not randomly selected, you must queue for it out side of the random dungeon finder to do it cross server, or enter it normally
    3. it should have a higher difficulty set.
    3.5. it should alternate with other massive heroics. once every 2 weeks.
    4. ???
    5. profit

(may also have a normal mode)

discuss.
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2011-10-05 at 04:08 AM.

Ideally 2 or 3 bosses?

In my opinion they need a dungeon the size of a zone. A truly "epic" dungeon that's essentially raid level difficulty.

Expanding on this, they should scale the current raids with 5 man. Not 5 man difficulty. But 5 man RAID difficulty.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2011-10-05 at 04:09 AM.

From the title and the first sentence, I thought this would be a terrible idea, since I prefer knocking heroics out quickly.

However, after finishing the post, I think it's a great idea. Having a separate type of gear would give initial incentive and set it apart from a normal heroic; Also, having it be NOT included in the heroic list is a great idea too. From my experience, the longer heroics often get dropped by tanks or healers right after they see the load screen.

It's not so much a heroic as it is a mini/ez mode raid. Great idea
    Last edited by anathama; 2011-10-05 at 04:09 AM. Reason: Eliminating the vague-ness...

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry to burst your bubble but we have these and call them raids. At least that's what I feel, though I get that you mean for a 5 man group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Ideally 2 or 3?

In my opinion they need a dungeon the size of a zone. A truly "epic" dungeon that's essentially raid level difficulty.
    im making it as reasonable as possible of course i would like more.

but there should be heroics like this. 100% OPTIONAL not random

---------- Post added 2011-10-05 at 04:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Sorry to burst your bubble but we have these and call them raids. At least that's what I feel, though I get that you mean for a 5 man group.
    well brd was not a raid. i mean a massive area.

Deleted
    ya and then you'll come back and cry that they should nerf it and it takes too much time.
    we had long difficult dungeons...nobody liked them and especially rnd groups were a mess.
    just remember the beginning of bc and shadowlab hc or shattered halls hc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerbaroth View Post
    ya and then you'll come back and cry that they should nerf it and it takes too much time.
    we had long difficult dungeons...nobody liked them and especially rnd groups were a mess.
    and yet....... i said they were 100% optional. thank u for qqing about the stuff my solutions have covered.

they are also not required

the ones u bring up were required some days for the random daily. when that was added. and also required for attunments etc.

I enjoyed those places, personally, but I'm in the minority.

OT: You'll either have this place dropping loot so good that people will feel forced to participate even if they dont enjoy it, or it won't be rewarding enough and almost everyone will ignore it because it's too long.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

lol, 2 - 3? That would be less than most dungeons that are out now. BRD has near to 11? And for the love of god, no. just no. lol
    Master of Things to DO

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    lots of bosses etc (ideally 2 or 3)
    Contradiction much?

Essentially a 5-man raid. I have always kind of liked the idea because sometimes a couple of friends and myself would like to do something that is a little time investing in the game but don't feel like managing a full pug to do a raid. So if there was a 5 man or two on the scale of a raid then it would be quite nice. The gear should still be the ilvl of a 5-man though and just be pretty much a mini-raid. I wouldn't want Blizzard investing so much time into it that there is pretty much 5, 10, and 25man raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubidium View Post
    Contradiction much?
    i mean ideally 2 or 3 instances

ill be more clear. if u also read the title u may have gotten the idea.

While I do like the idea sadly this is true. The wow community is a bunch of whiners that just want free and easy purples.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elimin View Post
    lol, 2 - 3? That would be less than most dungeons that are out now. BRD has near to 11? And for the love of god, no. just no. lol
    im glad u read the title, i updated as far as u read. you're welcome

---------- Post added 2011-10-05 at 04:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Balo View Post
    While I do like the idea sadly this is true. The wow community is a bunch of whiners that just want free and easy purples.
    not blizz's fault ppl choose to do these heroics and not randomly get them

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    im glad u read the title, i updated as far as u read. you're welcome

---------- Post added 2011-10-05 at 04:10 AM ----------

not blizz's fault ppl choose to do these heroics and not randomly get them
    Saying "Lots of bosses (ideally 2 or 3)" and expecting people to get you meant instances, regardless of the title, is stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    I enjoyed those places, personally, but I'm in the minority.

OT: You'll either have this place dropping loot so good that people will feel forced to participate even if they dont enjoy it, or it won't be rewarding enough and almost everyone will ignore it because it's too long.
    ideally i want this to be an evolving instance . every patch bosses get a bit stronger, the gear gets "more spikes" added and the gear will be around 5 man heroic level not at raid level

valor will still be better.

Doing one of these massive dungeons would SUCK in LFD. Look at how bad people are in ZA/ZG. Imagine playing with those people in a harder instance.

Great idea tbh. Would be very neat with a new Blackrock Depths'ish instance for 5 players. But imo, it shouldn't be a part of the random dungeon queue as u wouldn't want to wind up there if u have rather limited time, which happens a lot to certain people. So i'd suggest having it as a solo-queue up or manual entrance dungeon.

- 10-15 Bosses
    - A variety of difficulties from boss to boss, the end bosses obviously becoming harder and harder, with the end boss being significantly harder (talking almost-not doable for pugs here). So that people whom actually join the queue don't expect to kill the last boss.
    - Increased loot value compared to other heroics, but not too high (365?) or 386-387 for 4.3, seeing the other dungeons are 378.
    - Should take about 2 hours with a decent pug, perhaps 1 hour or 1 hour 10-20minutes with a decent & geared premade group.
    <Novum Genus> - Tarren Mill Horde

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Saying "Lots of bosses (ideally 2 or 3)" and expecting people to get you meant instances, regardless of the title, is stupid.
    u also didnt read the entire sentence, or quoted the entire sentence, im glad i fixed it though.

now please contribute or leave. ta ta dodaloo. if u just want to continue with this after i updated it go ahead, thats just pointless for u though.

---------- Post added 2011-10-05 at 04:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bigsandwich732 View Post
    Doing one of these massive dungeons would SUCK in LFD. Look at how bad people are in ZA/ZG. Imagine playing with those people in a harder instance.
    not queued for randomly, solves most of the problem

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't do 5man Heroics myself where I can help it but something like this I could get behind.
    If the place was fun and dropped loot worth getting as a raider I could see running it.

I know you mentioned no extra VP from it, but I have a suggestion. Remember the raid weekly from wrath? I suggest having 3 of these larger then normal, harder then normal heroics and having in a separate queue ala troll 5 mans and having a weekly for killing one of the bosses in them a special way or something. Like you normally kill this boss and avoid his shadow nova aoe(close to a 1 shot by not insta death) but instead the weekly is to bring him under 20%, wait for the nova in his weakened state and charge an orb by standing it kind of thing. This weekly would give you bonus vp+jp and like 200g.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16