Will there be an option to download the game a few days before release?

A friend told me that we would be able to download and install the game a month before release. (Obviusly requiering a purchase to play)

Have anyone else heard anything like this?

I hope we can download at least a week before since Iv heard it might be 30-40GB and I wanna play imedeately when the game launches.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanfear1 View Post
    A friend told me that we would be able to download and install the game a month before release. (Obviusly requiering a purchase to play)

Have anyone else heard anything like this?

I hope we can download at least a week before since Iv heard it might be 30-40GB and I wanna play imedeately when the game launches.
    The month thing I seriously doubt. However, they have repeatedly said that if you preorder, the game will be available to download some time before early access begins. Exactly how long this is, who knows.

I do know that I got into this Beta weekend, which opens up Friday, but the game client was available for me to download yesterday, so that's about 4 days advance on Beta weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    The month thing I seriously doubt. However, they have repeatedly said that if you preorder, the game will be available to download some time before early access begins. Exactly how long this is, who knows.

I do know that I got into this Beta weekend, which opens up Friday, but the game client was available for me to download yesterday, so that's about 4 days advance on Beta weekends.
    Ye I also doubt the monthly thing. What speed are you downloading with? And how is it arranged, is it like wow that uses other ppl (like thepiratebay makes ppl share the files). Or just download from their site. Also, can you install it? (Im guessing you can, but I dont know so Im asking )

Deleted
    If they have any sense (and I hope they do) they will release it for direct and peer-to-peer downloading days in advance so as not to crash their servers on release day.

Ye I also doubt the monthly thing. What speed are you downloading with? And how is it arranged, is it like wow that uses other ppl (like thepiratebay makes ppl share the files). Or just download from their site. Also, can you install it? (Im guessing you can, but I dont know so Im asking )
    My download did not appear to be seeded. I'm on a wireless network, and was able to pull between 2.5 and 3.5 mbps, so it came quick. The download is the full install, the client simply has a login message giving the time the beta opens, with the play button grayed out.

Do you think I can download it before launch if I pre-order the game from a store in Norway?

Do you think I can download it before launch if I pre-order the game from a store in Norway?
    All preorders are supposed to be notified beforehand that the game is available for download prior to launch. I think BioWare is gathering up average DL data from the people in beta, and will time the notification based on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    All preorders are supposed to be notified beforehand that the game is available for download prior to launch. I think BioWare is gathering up average DL data from the people in beta, and will time the notification based on that.
    ok, thanks^^

If you preordered, you will get early access to the game. They have not stated how early, but my guess would be around a week. They will give you a couple days before that time to install the game.

If you did not preorder, you will have to wait until the game is released to buy then install it.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you preorder the digital edition I believe you get 2 days early access and with the CE you get 4 days early access

Quote Originally Posted by Einarr View Post
    If you preorder the digital edition I believe you get 2 days early access and with the CE you get 4 days early access
    This was proven to be wild speculation. There has been no official information on early access timeframes.