10+ Year Old Account

First Time Builder Needing Help

Hello everyone, this isn't a "Check my build" threads, but instead, I'm in the process of putting my build together. I'm currently installing my processor, and I'm having an issue securing it. I'm using the P8Z68-V LX Mobo with the 2500k processor. I had no problem putting it in, but the little plate that comes over isn't securing. When I close the plate and then begin to push down the securing pin, there is a lot of force needed to do it and I hear a grinding noise. Since I'm a first time builder, I'm not sure if this is normal(and it doesn't sound normal), and what should I do to resolve it. Also, if I'm doing something wrong, feel free to let me know.

You sure you have the cpu oriented correctly?
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

You will have to use some force to pull it down, don't worry. As long as you're pushing it the right direction

10+ Year Old Account
    i had the exact same problem....with p8p67 and a 2500k :S decided to just go for it and pull the lever all the way down :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, the CPU is in correctly, had some trouble at first figuring out the direction, but then I found the pins. Also, thanks for the quick responces, I shall go ahead and push it down.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I secured mine it sounded horrible, but it went in and is working. It does take some force and is pretty worrisome if you've not done it before, but you should be OK.