Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I did the fight with a Holy Paladin. You both need to be tank healing, as they take a lot of damage. Also a quick shield on someone low buys you time that holy cannot give. PS, and PI (I gift to a DPS), are also very useful this phase. I have played holy with minimal mana issues, you just are able to over extend yourself if needed as disc. Heartsong is a waste if you are playing properly.

You should not need B&S P4. Simply kite the orb out of the group for a couple seconds, have it knocked back. Rinse and repeat until you are kiting it into the patch to kill it. You should only be getting one meteor in P4 anyway.

In regards to if the phase is easy...well, I guess if demanding perfect play from all members is easy then sure! Its a cake walk!

Please bare in mind that I love holy. I used to main spec it. Its just not optimal for Firelands unfortunately. Best of luck on a kill

The correct answer is both. There is no easy answer, arguments can be made for both on any encounter. It really depends on your healing comp and how well you can play the specs. As someone else mentioned, if you are looking to get into a top end guild, you will be expected to know how to play both specs equally (and most likely shadow as well). Prenerf in FL, Disc was a bit more useful in 10 man versus holy for CDs alone. With hymn getting buffed for 4.3, there is no way at this point in time to speculate which spec will be better than the other. I'm sure it will be the same situation as right now, both will have their place on the various encounters. Until we have more PTR numbers and encounters to test, they should both be viewed the same. Play what is fun to you, because it just doesn't matter. You are paying to play a game....why would you choose something that you don't enjoy?

Quote Originally Posted by Sakamae View Post
    The correct answer is both. There is no easy answer, arguments can be made for both on any encounter. It really depends on your healing comp and how well you can play the specs. As someone else mentioned, if you are looking to get into a top end guild, you will be expected to know how to play both specs equally (and most likely shadow as well). Prenerf in FL, Disc was a bit more useful in 10 man versus holy for CDs alone. With hymn getting buffed for 4.3, there is no way at this point in time to speculate which spec will be better than the other. I'm sure it will be the same situation as right now, both will have their place on the various encounters. Until we have more PTR numbers and encounters to test, they should both be viewed the same. Play what is fun to you, because it just doesn't matter. You are paying to play a game....why would you choose something that you don't enjoy?
    Well said, and hopefully holy does find its place again! Also, it's kind of dependent on if we are going to be two or three healing fights T13 and whatever mechanics/damage patterns the fights bring.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayita View Post
    I did the fight with a Holy Paladin. You both need to be tank healing, as they take a lot of damage. Also a quick shield on someone low buys you time that holy cannot give. PS, and PI (I gift to a DPS), are also very useful this phase. I have played holy with minimal mana issues, you just are able to over extend yourself if needed as disc. Heartsong is a waste if you are playing properly.

Yoply kite u should not need B&S P4. Simthe orb out of the group for a couple seconds, have it knocked back. Rinse and repeat until you are kiting it into the patch to kill it. You should only be getting one meteor in P4 anyway.

In regards to if the phase is easy...well, I guess if demanding perfect play from all members is easy then sure! Its a cake walk!

Please bare in mind that I love holy. I used to main spec it. Its just not optimal for Firelands unfortunately. Best of luck on a kill
    Might be true. I haven't really gotten a chance to see the damage patterns that closely in P4.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once again I appreciate all of your advice. I would like to say however that I enjoy playing and am proficient with all three Priest specs, so it isn't a matter of which I enjoy. Versatility is always the best way to go, and I'm fully aware that different healing setups cater to different needs within raid groups, which then go against particular fights. Thanks again everyone.