High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

What a PVP talent tree would look like to me

It would have to start out with three options of whatever spec's are available. For example a paladin would have a choice between holy , prot or ret and that would be the spec the PVP tree would take from.

Additional talants would consist of existing "PVP" talants now being moved to the pvp tree with some added moves . For instance a soon to be crippled holy pali can pick up a move like "break" which (with a long cd of corse)would pop the pali out of purge.Maybe add sprints to all classes and /or snares ect.

I would also remove resilance from the game and instead make resilance apart of the mastery. Therefor not making PVP gear as much as a nessesity as it is now and perhaps add pets/ mounts and other cool things as prizes instead....and of corse some gear still. Can't hurt

Anyone else like to add to this or share thoughts on balance this would bring? If anything else to me at least....it would keep pve seperate from pvp
    Last edited by dragconus; 2011-10-06 at 04:16 AM.

And there we have it kids, one of the best ways to break the game!
    Inb4 even more.

Simple fix to PvP would just split all the spells up(think Colossus Smash/Deep Freeze) and there you go, fixed.

I ready your post but I don't really understand what you mean...

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    And there we have it kids, one of the best ways to break the game!
    Inb4 even more.

Simple fix to PvP would just split all the spells up(think Colossus Smash/Deep Freeze) and there you go, fixed.
    Not saying there would ever be a "PVP" tree ...but if there was one i'd imagine it would be close to this

---------- Post added 2011-10-06 at 12:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Erradic View Post
    I ready your post but I don't really understand what you mean...
    A pvp tree ....like a 4th spec
    Last edited by dragconus; 2011-10-06 at 04:28 AM.

Talent trees are fine. They just need to make all abilities work slightly different in pvp and pve environments. I'd be incredibly surprised if they don't do that in the next xpac to be perfectly honest. People have bitched about balance since wow was first introduced. Now they can sell it as "more balanced than ever before."

I would point you to go play rift, cause that's pretty much how pvp on there is now.

If every class does get a sprint and snare, it's just going to cancel each other out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jlopez707 View Post
    Be prepared to be incredibly surprised. Blizzard doesn't care about PvP, plain and simple. They're not willing to put the man power into making PvE abilities separate from PvP abilities which would be all PvP truly needed. It, of course, would also need some class tweaking and extra balancing but the fact still remains that if PvP and PvE were split, it would be a whole hell of a lot better.
    Your argument is that Blizzard doesn't care about PvP because they're not willing to completely split the two aspects of the game into two different games.

For one, just splitting the game in two isn't a magical fix.

For another, it's a code base that's probably closer to 10 years old than most people would like to admit. Splitting one ability into having a pvp and pve function is not the same as every ability. (Deep Freeze has it's function split in PvE too, depending on whether or not a mob is stunnable).

For a third, that's not a simple fix. It's a fix that would effectively require the development time to develop a new game's core system, because that's what they'd be doing.

Fourth- If PvP was hard to get into before, it would be worse in a two world system.

In the end, these cries to split the game into two different and distinct games are as likely and effective for balancing the game as demanding that Blizzard blow up the moon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE