Page 15 of 62 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyepic View Post
    Furor and moonglow are both worthless talents at the current item level (i think u may need 1 point in moonglow to get farther into the balance tree). There aren't any massively important talents you're missing but just for some extra utility u can go 2/3 or 3/3 into perserverance, 1/2 or 2/2 blessing of the grove and choose between gale winds/fungal growth/solar beam.
    Thanks a lot for your advice, it really helped me a lot, I wish you the best of luck and you have my gratitude.

Boomkin's primary dmg output comes from Nature's Grace (15% Haste Buff - decrease cast times, extra dot ticks, ect.) managing this makes or breaks most boomkins.

huh?
    Pretty much what I was trying to say here is:

While Nature's Grace is active, you must either be casting (Wrath or Starfire) or putting up dots to get the most benefit from it.

If you cast Starfall or Pop Trents, you are wasting the global of that NG that could have been used for casting wrath or starfire to get you to the next eclipse faster. This may seem small at first ( OMGosh 1 global ) but it can definitely ad up over the time in a fight.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilma View Post

Sunfire Dot Dmg is significantly higher than Moonfire Dmg. One way I've tried to help with this is doing a set of Sunfire Dot at the beginning of Solar then right near the end. I allow the 2nd set of Sunfire dots to run their course even if I have hit Lunar Eclipse. (Picked this up from Korean Boomkin on HM Kill of Madness) .
    Sunfire and Moonfire do the same damage in Eclipse. The only way moonfire dot damage is doing less on average is if you are casting it outside Eclipse. (since its impossible to cast sunfire outside of eclipse).
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Hi Sunfyre, my guild just recently started attempts on 25m H Ultra, and we are trying to get all the dps we can out of our raiders. We picked up a boomkin the other day who I thought looked great, but his damage has been really low. If there is anything you could tell me about him that would be great!

Log of a normal ultra kill: www worldoflogs com/reports/rt-y8umqaa6emgvqmw8/details/23/?s=1663&e=1911 ( cant post links so i took the . out)
    Log of our H Ultra attempts: www worldoflogs com/reports/rt-xm9lp6nvp4ajcx5i/sum/damageDone/?enc=bosses&boss=55294
    His armory: us battle net/wow/en/character/lightnings-blade/Shiftmypants/advanced

Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Grumash View Post
    Hi Sunfyre, my guild just recently started attempts on 25m H Ultra, and we are trying to get all the dps we can out of our raiders. We picked up a boomkin the other day who I thought looked great, but his damage has been really low. If there is anything you could tell me about him that would be great!

Log of a normal ultra kill: www worldoflogs com/reports/rt-y8umqaa6emgvqmw8/details/23/?s=1663&e=1911 ( cant post links so i took the . out)
    Log of our H Ultra attempts: www worldoflogs com/reports/rt-xm9lp6nvp4ajcx5i/sum/damageDone/?enc=bosses&boss=55294
    His armory: us battle net/wow/en/character/lightnings-blade/Shiftmypants/advanced

Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated!
    If your guild does HM FL clears, he should consider getting 4 piece t12 temporarily (especially if he already has t12) till he gets more T13 gear.

Nothing life changing in the least bit, but he's about 20 points over the hit cap with his reforge.

Looking at your normal kill:

One thing I'm seeing is he is not making full use of starsurge. He used it 13 times in a 4 minute fight on your normal kill. He should have used it a minimum of 16 times (no 4 piece t13). The CD is 15 seconds for him, and he got 8 shooting stars procs.

He used starfall only twice. He should have used it 3 times, maybe even 4. He also only used treents one time rather than twice.

Looking at your longest HM Attempt:

Again, he's not making full use of starsurge. It looks like he is rarely hardcasting it, but is instead mainly waiting for shooting stars procs.

He did seem to use starfall pretty much on CD which is good, however he used treents only once.

Ultimately, he has no 4 piece bonus, and his ilevel isn't incredibly high. I wouldn't expect too much more out of him, his dot uptime seems pretty good, he just needs to manage his cooldowns a little better.
    Last edited by earthwormjim; 2012-03-31 at 10:55 PM.

Thanks for the feedback, he seems to be lowest in our dps fairly regularily, I will make sure to help him get his 4 pc!

Deleted
    I'm looking to improve my dps on madness,have been doing this for a while now,best try was 4 %,so we got through all the mechanics,just need to maximize our perfomance in phase 2. But still i wonder if missed something.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...osica/advanced (unlucky with shoulders,even LFR)
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/i...pes&boss=56173

Our platform order is Ysera,Alexstrasza,Nozdormu,Kalecgos. I'm only dotting Nozdormu on our way to Alexstrasza(only to keep the trinket buff) otherwise we don't want to push it under 90 %,same goes for Kalecgos.
    I also have Rathrack + 397 thrash offhand,391 trinket from Baleroc. Tried both haste and mastery reforges,same results.I don't have a legendary stave or DI(just focus magic). So far i'm trying to be in solar for every pack of bloods and sometimes that can be a dps loss since i'm not dotting the wing tentacle.On the other side the bloods die very fast because spriest mind sear is so powerfull,i also don't have the time to solar cleave all the bloods,can't put sunfire on all of them before they heal once and he have to kill them.
    Would love some feedback for every platform.

Also my guild is not using the buff.
    Last edited by mmoc96bfb70b32; 2012-04-01 at 09:28 AM.

For starters, I've got to say, this is one of the more helpful forums I've read in awhile on Boomkins.

I'm looking to improve my dps, or rather, to make it better and more consistent. I've been playing boomkin for a couple years, it's my main and the toon I really enjoy playing, but, I feel that my dps is pretty inconsistent in DS runs. I'm 4/8 H, I usually get DI, and yep, if another chest token drops that no one needs, I'll swap out my Boomy chest for the resto chest. I currently use RAWR to optimize my gear, mostly because whenever I try to use WrathCalcs I get completely confused about what I'm looking at.

What I'm hoping for is some feedback on my gear and pointers on some recent fights, to see if there's some ways I can improve. I do have Rathrak, but found that Vagaries was a better weap for most of the encounters. We're currently working on getting me the legendary, but I'm about 5 weeks away from completing that.

Here's me
    gnomeregan Brinohm

And some logs
    worldoflogs /reports/onsl3d71kp8v3b6v/details/3
    worldoflogs /reports/92v5m8l85wadl15r/details/5

Thanks for any feedback

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi guys, Im a 3/8hm Boomkin currently looking to increase my lacking DPS, ive been maining boomkin since the beginning of cata and my dps has always been near the top of my raid group, however the past few weeks i feel like my dps has been slowly dropping and i dont know what im doing wrong. Just wondering if you guys could point out any obvious errors that im having or maybe some pointers on the HM fights to make my dps a bit better. Thanks a bunch - links below

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-wsyqowaeg376w9qu/ just HM yorshaj :P
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-cqkkwdwn9zmxm0w6/ the rest of the DS we did
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...okinn/advanced my armoury

Deleted
    Hey guys.
    I'm really struggling with my boomkin spec after have played resto the most of cata. I feel, I should be able to pull much more out then I currently do.

Armory: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/saurfang/Naturepower/simple

Logs: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-a9wy5tyijjbnvcj1/details/5/

Any help and tips are very welcome.

Hi guys, I feel I am a fairly good boomkin.

We started attempting heroic madness this week and I'm wondering if anyone has any tips on what I can do to improve my DPS on the fight. I know its pretty high already but I am always looking for tips!

Thank You.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...aajaa/advanced
    WoL: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ulc45wqn94hv8f79/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naturepower View Post
    Hey guys.
    I'm really struggling with my boomkin spec after have played resto the most of cata. I feel, I should be able to pull much more out then I currently do.

Armory: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/saurfang/Naturepower/simple

Logs: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-a9wy5tyijjbnvcj1/details/5/

Any help and tips are very welcome.
    You should change your legs to t13 boomkin legs and your current chest to t13 resto chest. also you're about 30 hit rating too high for the exact hit cap, try mix some gear with reforging and try to get closer to the hit cap.

Quote Originally Posted by alexmk359 View Post
    Hi guys, I feel I am a fairly good boomkin.

We started attempting heroic madness this week and I'm wondering if anyone has any tips on what I can do to improve my DPS on the fight. I know its pretty high already but I am always looking for tips!

Thank You.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...aajaa/advanced
    WoL: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ulc45wqn94hv8f79/
    You have like no spellweave damage. I'm not sure how much the strat changes on 10man but assuming the regenerative bloods spawn while the Corruption tentacle is still alive and the bloods are tanked near the the tentacle you should MF/SF the bloods. The spellweave proc will hit the Corruption tentacle as well and it will be far more dps than single targetting into it**.

Should also do the same for the debuff tentacle thing that players drop.
    Wild Mushroom damage is really low as well.

**This also only works assuming you're able to DoT them without killing them early.

Deleted
    You have like no spellweave damage. I'm not sure how much the strat changes on 10man but assuming the regenerative bloods spawn while the Corruption tentacle is still alive and the bloods are tanked near the the tentacle you should MF/SF the bloods. The spellweave proc will hit the Corruption tentacle as well and it will be far more dps than single targetting into it**.

Should also do the same for the debuff tentacle thing that players drop.
    Wild Mushroom damage is really low as well.

**This also only works assuming you're able to DoT them without killing them early.
    there's an absolute load of different tactics used; but usually you'll find the bloods spawning just as the corruption is dying. then you can aoe them down before the parasite spawns. We tend to keep 1-3 alive now and just drag them around the platforms with us for bonus spellweave all the way through, but as far as i'm aware that's not really the done thing on progress.

his damage is sorta ok though; he needs to WM more as you said, and better multidotting helps too.
    Last edited by mmocd7449ed493; 2012-04-19 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFluffypants View Post
    Even though our haste is about the same you have less Eclipse and NG uptimes, comparing our Ultraxion fights. Also are you refrshing dots outside an eclipse or unbuffed by NG ?

(Please note I'm no where near an WoL expert, I just compare the basics :P )

I have a Haste question, Whats a decent Haste number if your just doin 5mans or the occasion LFR or normal 10man? Right now im around the 2133 mark, awhile back i couldnt hit the 2776 number, but im pretty sure I can now. Im a healer 95% of the time and I don't usually see a DI if that info helps out.

Just get what haste you can, then.

I've been playing Boomkin for a year now and I know what to do and everything but I just can pull over 30k dps. I need to up it because I've just started to do Heroic DS.

Armoury
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...as/Bwat/simple

I don't have any Logs as I don't know how to do it. I need someone to look over my gems and reforge.

Quote Originally Posted by Xozat View Post
    I've been playing Boomkin for a year now and I know what to do and everything but I just can pull over 30k dps. I need to up it because I've just started to do Heroic DS.

Armoury
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...as/Bwat/simple
    Had to read that sentence atleast five times before I understood what you ment. If you want to "fix" on your character, here is what I suggest.
    1: Hit cap. You are NOT hit-capped, which is at 17% or 1742 hit-rating. Get it. No questions.
    2: Your specc has Lunar-Shower in it, which is totally useless for PvE. You could put those talents in "Perseverance" or "Fungal Growth".
    3: Get the restotierchest - it has better stat and you will still have 4-set bonus.
    4: Why do you have Reflection of the Light when you can get Bottled Wishes? That really doesn't make any sense at all to me.
    5: And at last, I really think you should get a better weapon. That staff from DW 99% crap.

I don't have any Logs as I don't know how to do it. I need someone to look over my gems and reforge.

---------- Post added 2012-04-29 at 07:40 AM ----------

Can add that I would add 50+ haste on feets, I've never had any use of that 8% movementspeed that Lavawalker provides. Can also give a link to my Boomer, should you dear too take a look: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...candy/advanced