Page 22 of 62 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by benskicuz View Post
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-y7...?s=5418&e=5702 Heres my logs and I believe I should be pulling more on single targets with the gear I have. Its not the opener I have a problem with but with longevity of maintaining dps/dots. If someone can give me any advice I would appreciate it.
    Don't have much time to analyze your log, but the first thing I noticed was your low uptime on Moonfire and Sunfire. Try for 100% uptime. The only time it's really okay to let it fall off is if you're one cast away from eclipse.

Not sure if this is the write place to make a fix my DPS thread for moonkin, but I have questions as well as complaints about my DPS being low.

First off here is my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Bonsaii/simple

I've played moonkin since Cata release now, and I've thought I've gotten pretty good at it. I can execute the basic rotation, and a lot of top guilds on my server have tried to recruit me. However I feel that the only reason I appear good, is because others just can't play very well. I want to improve myself along nuances of the spec. I've gotten WeakAuras now and am configuring it as a proc tracker, but I want to learn how to use this more effectively.

Questions:
    Is it better to use the intellect meta gem over the spirit gem at lower gear levels? If so at what point does it stop being effective?

Should I always refresh dots if I have a sexy intellect or other proc? What if I were to renew a dot uneclipsed and then enter the appropriate eclipse, would it be better to refresh that dot even without the proc?

Is it more beneficial to cancel out of my starfires when starsurge procs, or not? I got by the rule of if I have less than a half second left on cast I let it finish. Wrong choice or not?

What do I upgrade next with valor? I'm thinking my tier legs for now. Not sure if that's a great idea.

Are there any little things I can do to up my damage? Any minor suggestions are great.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-b9cudydwzcut4ss5/

A comment on my rotation: I begin one cast from Lunar, I pop starfall -> pre-pot -> wrath -> moonfire -> starsurge, then starfire spam and renew starfall when it falls off. (Is it better to clip starfall at this point? Like if I have one second left on it or less and I'm casting starfire next, should I cast starfire or clip the last second of starsurge?)

I only renew the dot of the eclipse right as I enter it, then once before I leave. If a dot isn't eclipsed I don't renew it. Is this wrong?

Blatant repost from wrong area.

Yea I feel so weak on keeping 100% uptime on dots. Im gonna try to work on it, any other mistakes you guys can find would be much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilma View Post
    Every 3 mins! (NV,INC):
    Why NV and not HotW as default choice (passive bonus >>> active if their value are close enough like this case)?
    Doesn't it depend from the duration of the fight, so if you can use NV 3 time, it's always better Hotw or something like that?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabnock View Post
    Why NV and not HotW as default choice (passive bonus >>> active if their value are close enough like this case)?
    Doesn't it depend from the duration of the fight, so if you can use NV 3 time, it's always better Hotw or something like that?
    NV lines up with cooldowns such as CA, Incarnation, Skull Banner, Bloodlust, etc.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Supposedly this is right place to ask, which is better, having lfr t14 4p or normal raid offpieces with 0-1 tier 14 items?

Deleted
    hy guys,
    i got a question...
    i got my 4p t14 today
    so i have to reforge to a "lower" hastebreakpoint i am right ? 3xxx s

my armory : h t t p : //eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/forscherliga/Isaran/advanced

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaran View Post
    hy guys,
    i got a question...
    i got my 4p t14 today
    so i have to reforge to a "lower" hastebreakpoint i am right ? 3xxx s

my armory : h t t p : //eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/forscherliga/Isaran/advanced

3706 until you can hit 8089
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Which trinkets would you choose between Flashfrozen resin globule upgraded (471 ilvl) vs LFR Light of Cosmos 476 ilvl if the 2nd trinket I use is Relic of Yulon?
    Faelkin ranks the blue Flashfrozen resin quite high, that's why I'm asking: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...1E&hl=en#gid=0

Deleted
    I have a question.
    When you get 4p T14 don't you only need 3706 haste? But I still see top players still going for atleast 5273 haste in pve with 4p how come?
    And after you got haste cap what's the way you should reforge? I hear you should go hastecap-crit-haste-mastery then? But why would you do that? As you're already haste capped so you can't benefit from it unless you go like 11k haste or 8k w/e for an extra tick?
    Shouldn't it be hastecap-crit-mastery-haste?

And how come some balance druids in high ranked guilds like Lappé in Paragon and Fountaiin in Exodus are still over 5273 haste even after having 4p T14? But they can't reach 8-11k haste
    Last edited by mmoc96a7c2c962; 2012-12-07 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Forgot something

It's a breakpoint, not a cap. Haste is less effective, not completely useless and it's still above mastery.

As for why topr tier players still have 5,3k+ haste: Because it's on the gear. Reforging is limited by what gear exists.

The high end players are balancing their stats. Haste is still really good and it shouldn't just be forgotten. Also haste breakpoints are very different than caps. And at their gear levels it is hard to loose a ton of haste for crit so they could just have more haste due to ilvl.

Deleted
    Yeah I thought about this, but almost 2000 extra haste? Not all high players have this high, just some which is why I find it strange, I think it was 6'th best geared druid world he's also balance he only got like 1ilvl lower then lappe and he got 3709 haste while the cap needed for him is 3706.

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 03:04 PM ----------

Ok, so I should reforge hastecap-crit-haste-mastery then?

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=11872&e=12470 This is one of our attempts @ empress last night..I read somewhere here I should be aiming for 100%..i tried the whole night I cant get anywhere near 100%. Any tips? and any mistakes you guys see thnx.

Let me post What I do just incase:
    -75 pre-lunar, wrath , inc+nv , sunfire/moonfire , starsurge , starfire(I cast this, I wait till the other starfall is at 1 sec etc) , starfall , spam starfire till 0 and using SS procs
    - @ 0 , CA , sunfire, starfire, starfall , starfire/ss procs , reapply sunfire at 1sec of CA. then back to my rotation.

- starfire till solar, when the dots are falling off I usually cast wrath then que sunfire or moonfire , then cast wrath again to cast the other dot etc.

So depressing, I do really well dnt get me wrng mostly top 3 or top 5 when bosses die. But keeping 100% uptime is mystery to me still ffs.
    Last edited by benskicuz; 2012-12-07 at 04:58 PM.

100% is impossible on Shek'zeer, since you need available targets for 100% of the fight to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    100% is impossible on Shek'zeer, since you need available targets for 100% of the fight to do it.
    Well not just for that fight but overall on my dps on other bosses. My uptime is around there.

Unless you have a complete patchwerk fight, you're probably not going to get there. Also keep in mind that 100% isn't optimal play, in some cases letting them run out is the better choice, like when you're only a cast or two from Eclipse.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Unless you have a complete patchwerk fight, you're probably not going to get there. Also keep in mind that 100% isn't optimal play, in some cases letting them run out is the better choice, like when you're only a cast or two from Eclipse.
    Yea I understand// Thanx

Deleted
    Hi there,

I would like to ask some help on behalf of our Boomkin. It's a rather new incorporation, and so he is a bit undergeared (478), but I'm fairly sure the numbers he should be pulling should be much higher anyways. About his gear, I have already took a look on it and the sticky guide and know what should he do about it; so need to worry about it, I will do it and pass it along with whatever you guys have to say about his logs.

This normal Tsulong for example: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/n...?s=1040&e=1499
    Or this Lei Shi http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/n...?s=2904&e=3322
    Stone Guard H http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/c.../?s=910&e=1171
    Elegon H http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/c...?s=5977&e=6458

I think that's a good selection of different combats. Thanks a lot for the help!

(armory is http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...imeless/simple , but as said, I will take care of the gear. I suppose he switches talents on bosses, but just in case you want to look at it)
    Last edited by mmoc38db56fadf; 2012-12-08 at 10:50 AM.

Let's say you've just reached an eclipse state and after casting your 2nd DoT (or very shortly after), your Relic of Yulon proc for 3k intellect. Do you instantly reapply both DoT or just the eclipsed DoT?