Page 32 of 62 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chisato View Post
    Thank you for the reply! My guild brought me into the raid tonight to scoop up more loot. My armoury now reflects gear around 15 ilvls higher than when the logs were taken, just as an added note. Also tonight was my first time seeing many of the fights in normal mode, so I was fumbling with mechanics a little bit. I also have almost no idea of moonkin-specific strategy for most of these fights. I wasn't expecting to be thrown into raiding quite so soon. Nevertheless, here's the log for Jikun from tonight: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-qu...?s=5474&e=5789

After reading your post, I checked the logs specifically for Jikun. My Nature's Grace uptime is slightly higher than 60% but my DoT uptime isn't good. I run into the problem of DoTs falling when I'm 1-2 casts away from an eclipse, so I generally push toward the eclipse instead of wasting globals to reDoT, then DoT again once I'm at eclipse. Is this poor judgment?

Please let me know if you see any other problems in the log.

Also, after I gemmed, enchanted, and reforged my new gear from tonight I spent some time on the test dummies in Org. I DPSed for roughly 3 minutes straight and came out around 91k DPS on the dummy with only self-buffs. I downloaded the latest Simcraft and ran my character through for test dummy target, only self buffs, and elite player skill and came out around 93k DPS. Do those numbers sound right? Is Simcraft reliable for boomkin? I have to admit, I was a bit disappointed with the low numbers even after adding so much gear to my character! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Chii/advanced

I'm very eager to learn how to best play boomkin and I appreciate your help so much!
    Looking over the logs for the fights you're doing everything right as far as I can see, so no need to worry in that respect.

Simcraft is usually pretty accurate and a useful tool for sure so I'd imagine it's correct and you may also be interested in the Wrathcalcs spreadsheet for Moonkins which 'sims' your DPS for a patchwerk encounter in a raid environment (Link) and is another useful tool I frequently use.

A note for Ji-Kun is that your DPS can vary depending on what job you're assigned to. For example, if you're in the flying team your DoT uptime will suffer as you travel from nest to main platform etc but you should find your overall DPS increase if you are picking up the Feed Young / Primal Nutriment buff throughout the encounter.

Keep up the good work and just get the normal mode mechanics down and it'll be smooth sailing. You're bound to be a little edgy on the first few raids with a new guild and raid instance

Quote Originally Posted by Slippykins View Post
    Iron Qon:

I'm just going to use my logs to compare against yours. I could do a lot better with my rotation/luck, but as a basic tool it should work. Our Iron Qon kill: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-7n...?s=7163&e=7743.

• Our kills are only separated by 18 seconds, yet you only fit in 25 eclipse phases and I managed 31. I do acknowledge that part of this is due to me having the legendary meta and yourself not. This could affect my next point as well.
    • Your Nature's Grace uptime is at 67.7% whereas mine is at 82%. This can be maximised mostly from avoiding as much movement as you can (this is a killer for DPS, as you'd know), but also you must make sure you aren't wasting globals on overwriting DoTs too early and such. High boomkin DPS comes mostly from efficiently cycling eclipses.
    • Your Starfalls look pretty good; that's about all I could gather from your Iron Qon kill. You only have 19% SS waste, which is quite good for your 12k crit rating. Consider switching to a GCD haste cap build (10296) as I think you'd benefit from it.

Twin Consorts:

Again, comparing your Consorts kill to mine: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-e9...4/?s=129&e=689...

• I'm seeing the same kind of thing with NG: 71% uptime compared to 87%, and 24 eclipses vs. 31. A good couple of those will be because of the legendary meta gem difference, but otherwise I think making sure you're pushing those eclipses as fast as possible and minimising movement will be a good bonus for your DPS.
    • You had slightly more SS proc waste (25% for this fight). I think this is around average for your crit rating, but bear in mind it's a lot of damage that could be gained (and it also means faster eclipse cycles) if you were to get those in. A lot of them wont be possible, but I'm sure some of them were. Another thing to note is that I got a 23% SS proc waste but a total of 173 SS procs, with lower crit rating than you. That may have been purely due to luck, but make sure you're multidotting Suen during the Lu'lin phase when she pops up, both once she emerges and just before she disappears.
    • Other than those points, I can't see any other differences.

Overall, I think that's the real point you'd have to work on: maximising multidot uptime and minimising time spent during your eclipse cycling. The legendary meta gem will boost your damage significantly (up to 15%), but it seems your movement is too high. I don't have enough time to go through your Lei Shen kill, but I think we covered everything anyway.
    Thanks for the input.
    Wasted SS is something I need to fix, Sometimes I delay using it to apply DoT's and it overwrites.
    On Iron Qon, I end up having some nondps time for the "deadzone" on 3rd "dog" as im usually standing out of the way waiting for debuffs to clear.
    On Twins, I was only dotting the Fire one when she popped up not before she disappeared again.

With regards to the Haste Cap build, Im not sure how beneficial it would be as im fairly low on haste and I dont have BotH as I've passed on it for other casters / havent bonused it as of yet - still have H LoTC 2/2 in my bags tho.

Having crap luck with bonus roll coins, 21 coins 1 item <3

Leishen, I totally FUCKED the opener, Missed the pull timer as i was talking to my dad and fat fingered my cds - so kindly dont look at it :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by craigp100 View Post
    Your gear, talents and glyphs seem to be in check. The only things I might be very picky on is a) your boot enchant can be changed to +275 haste you have the +15% movement speed from our tier 1 talents, b) trying to reforge off some of that excess hit and c) using a +320 crit gem in your boots.

You seem to have put in a good amount of effort in reading guides etc but I'm afraid without proper logs it is going to be very hard for anyone on here to assist you in where you are going wrong. I also took the liberty of trying to find logs for your guild but to no avail. I would suggest making your own logs and posting back to us here (Guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oILgikavPcg) and then we can assist you further.

A few telltale signs on bad DPS what I look out for is
    1) Low uptime on Nature's Grace (the haste bonus we gain whenever we enter an eclipse). Typically an uptime of ~60% on single target fights is optimal more or less but this differs fight on fight.
    2) Not getting the most out of your CDS (Incarnation, starfall, celestial alignment)- i.e. using incarnation once when a fight permits at least three uses etc
    3) low DoT (Sunfire / Moonfire) uptime. you want to aim for ~100% uptime on your DoTs on a single target fight (i.e. Jin'rokh)
    Be abit careful with the 100% dot uptime recommendation. I find it far superior to let them drop if you enter the next eclipse within 1 cast. I would say anything above 80% is a good aim.

Swapped over to GCD Haste Build, Wont be raiding until Sunday unfortunately as Real Life is getting in the way for the next 2 nights. Will link logs so you can have a look over them on Sunday/Monday

hey all, i just recently swapped from my hunter to my boomkin for my guild and am having a bit of trouble with it as you will see from the logs (please ignore the 25 man lfr ones, I wasn't trying at all and even had to go afk a couple of times.) Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Can't post links yet either, so forgive me D:

logs: worldoflogs com /reports/rt-jkg78cny4qq12v1v

armory: us battle net /wow/en/character/misha/Rudyard/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by myser View Post
    hey all, i just recently swapped from my hunter to my boomkin for my guild and am having a bit of trouble with it as you will see from the logs (please ignore the 25 man lfr ones, I wasn't trying at all and even had to go afk a couple of times.) Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Can't post links yet either, so forgive me D:

Gear is pretty terrible. You really just need better itemized gear and just practice. otherwise you are doing fine for your gear.

Other than that work on watching Dot uptime although your uptime wasnt to bad. you could dot both heads on meg. but tbh you just arent critting enough.

also pre-pot and make sure you have your opening rotation down pat as our dps really relies on how our burst goes until we have more gear.
    Last edited by ScariusTheMoonkin; 2013-05-01 at 04:05 PM.

So before you click on the logs Id like to say this is my third week back in wow after a year off. Also I would like to say ive never played moonkin before. And the way its going so far if im not missing something simple I don't know how much longer ill be playing as moonkin for might just switch to resto and heal. But yeah heres the logs maybe someone can tell me what im doing wrong.

Logs: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-z9b5x8havhm07x34/

Armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/earthen-ring/Gulrakis/simple

For my genral rotation also I do w/e eclipse is proc. then follow with either moonfire or sunfire then the other. Then I do wraths or starfire until about 20 then reapply the dots then keep going till next eclipse same process over and over. popping cooldowns when needed. that's how I multi dot also once I eclipse I just dot all mobs then keep my roation going or use hurricane or the other one on eclipse. lol sorry 3 weeks back I don't remember the names of everything yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gulrakis View Post
    So before you click on the logs Id like to say this is my third week back in wow after a year off. Also I would like to say ive never played moonkin before. And the way its going so far if im not missing something simple I don't know how much longer ill be playing as moonkin for might just switch to resto and heal. But yeah heres the logs maybe someone can tell me what im doing wrong.

For my genral rotation also I do w/e eclipse is proc. then follow with either moonfire or sunfire then the other. Then I do wraths or starfire until about 20 then reapply the dots then keep going till next eclipse same process over and over. popping cooldowns when needed. that's how I multi dot also once I eclipse I just dot all mobs then keep my roation going or use hurricane or the other one on eclipse. lol sorry 3 weeks back I don't remember the names of everything yet.
    Ive not got time to go into logs, and obviously you're less geared than alot of boomkins posting here (neither the 4set t14, or enough pieces of t15 [even offspec] for a big stat difference)

All that aside, you should not be needing to apply dots when entering AND LEAVING an eclipse. Obviously it gets easier with gear, but you should aim to apply dots only once during each eclipse, either as you enter (if old ones have fallen off) or before natures grace drops/you leave eclipse if the previous set had a deep duration. Applying twice in each eclipse is wasting 2 many GCDs, you should be able to push from once eclipse to the next without too much dot downtime, even in your gear.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Quote Originally Posted by myser View Post

You didn't do too bad for ur gear ilvl, good use of cds and pots on Maegera, saw that you had to tranq while hero was up which hurts ur deeps but helps the raid. NG uptime was kinda low, but that fight you do have some low time while heads respawn. All I can say really is you have to think a lot more on ur positioning versus ur hunter (since you can move and deeps with little to none dps loss), for us boomies movement is a killer. For that fight I try to not stay too close to others cuz of the green shit that explodes, the more ppl ur close to the higher the chances is that ur going to have to move etc (u get the idea). i.e. symbiosis someone that gives u a defensive so you sometimes just pop that rather than moving (i.e. rogue's cloak for that green shit on Maegera) etc.

---------- Post added 2013-05-01 at 11:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by gulrakis View Post

U seem pretty lost on our rotation - i recommend you check our moonkin sticky guide for more info.

thanks for the help everyone! so glad this thread exists lol.

Guys, I'm having a lot of trouble on Horridon. I've seen that moonkins are one of the best for that fight, but my dps pretty much sucks. Is there any strategy to use? Something I need to know for that fight? What I end up doing is basically throw DoTs on some adds and single target the most important, but maybe I'm doing somthing wrong there. Sorry, but I don't have any logs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by borja View Post
    Guys, I'm having a lot of trouble on Horridon. I've seen that moonkins are one of the best for that fight, but my dps pretty much sucks. Is there any strategy to use? Something I need to know for that fight? What I end up doing is basically throw DoTs on some adds and single target the most important, but maybe I'm doing somthing wrong there. Sorry, but I don't have any logs.
    Doing the fight properly: just DoT everything with your eclipsed DoT and then single-target the elite adds.

Doing the most DPS: DoT everything with your eclipsed DoT and throw all single-target spells into Horridon (including SS procs). This wont help your group.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippykins View Post
    Doing the fight properly: just DoT everything with your eclipsed DoT and then single-target the elite adds.

Doing the most DPS: DoT everything with your eclipsed DoT and throw all single-target spells into Horridon (including SS procs). This wont help your group.
    Thanks a lot Slippykins! Now there's some help I need, if possible, with my dps.

I've receatly had a realm and faction change (about 2 weeks), and with that I left resto behind and started playing as balance for good. The only problem is that I can't seem to be able to get a good enough DPS, without finding out what is the problem, what I'm doing wrong. I've read and re-read both MMO's and IcyVeins' guide, following the priority system and the optimal opening sequence. My lock friend also gave me tips on DoTs, that I should renew them with trinket and enchant procs, as well as cooldowns and any other boost. That worked, my DPS got a bit higher, but still not satisfying. Are there any tips or tricks you could give me for what I can do to raise my dps?
    My armory is Zadjin, Troll Druid on Azralon realm (sorry, new to the forums, so can't post links yet)
    But I don't have any logs yet. Sorry.

Just as a side note: my DPS bursts with CDs to 140k-180k, but as the fight goes, it drops down to around 90k (wich is really low in my gear, I think)
    One other thing that I thought was my gear: it may be 502, but maybe the stats aren't good (too much mastery on the pieces) and maybe the trinkets aren't good either

Please help!

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks a lot Slippykins! Now there's some help I need, if possible, with my dps.

I've receatly had a realm and faction change (about 2 weeks), and with that I left resto behind and started playing as balance for good. The only problem is that I can't seem to be able to get a good enough DPS, without finding out what is the problem, what I'm doing wrong. I've read and re-read both MMO's and IcyVeins' guide, following the priority system and the optimal opening sequence. My lock friend also gave me tips on DoTs, that I should renew them with trinket and enchant procs, as well as cooldowns and any other boost. That worked, my DPS got a bit higher, but still not satisfying. Are there any tips or tricks you could give me for what I can do to raise my dps?
    My armory is Zadjin, Troll Druid on Azralon realm (sorry, new to the forums, so can't post links yet)
    But I don't have any logs yet. Sorry.

Just as a side note: my DPS bursts with CDs to 140k-180k, but as the fight goes, it drops down to around 90k (wich is really low in my gear, I think)
    One other thing that I thought was my gear: it may be 502, but maybe the stats aren't good (too much mastery on the pieces) and maybe the trinkets aren't good either

Please help!
    Take what I bolded with a pinch of salt. With the exception of UVLS and maybe cha-ye's very short duration procs, you shouldn't instantly refresh dots, you should push through to the next eclipse as those dots will benefit from the boosts. Don't wanna be wasting GCDs reapplying dots all the time.

As for bursting 140-180k that is very low. Are you getting this number from looking at recount or skada? Or from the peak on a graph in WOL? Recount/Skada will average out your damage, ie if you jump from 140 to 180, it'll say 160 which isn't where you truly peaked.
    Make sure you're popping Incarnation as you enter lunar eclipse, casting both dots, and casting starsurge/starfire until 0 energy; cast celestial alignment and moonfire, starfall and then continue with SS/SF spam, refreshing moonfire just before CA fades, and then push through to solar and cast fresh dots ocne CA's dots fade (but before leaving solar).
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,

Hey Guys we have a Problem with the Boomkin in our Raid. Yesterday we tried Horridon HC and his DPS simply wasn't enough. Looking at raidlogs he should shine here or be atleast on par with the rest but this did not happen most of the time.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-gvqvgl1d6ebdhnby/

He just recently switched from his Pala Tank to his Boomkin and now we are not sure if he does something really wrong or he has just to get into the class. Every input helps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xfreeder View Post
    Hey Guys we have a Problem with the Boomkin in our Raid. Yesterday we tried Horridon HC and his DPS simply wasn't enough. Looking at raidlogs he should shine here or be atleast on par with the rest but this did not happen most of the time.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-gvqvgl1d6ebdhnby/

He just recently switched from his Pala Tank to his Boomkin and now we are not sure if he does something really wrong or he has just to get into the class. Every input helps.
    comparing your longest attempt with our kill (the first 8 minutes) everything looks about right, he's lining his CDs up okay, hes moving through eclipses (his nature's grace uptime could be slightly higher, but its acceptable to be lowish on this fight as you'll spend alot of GCDs on dots, and not cycling). However I would suggest he uses heart of the wild not nature's vigil.

If anything I'd say the person under performing is the warlock.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    Take what I bolded with a pinch of salt. With the exception of UVLS and maybe cha-ye's very short duration procs, you shouldn't instantly refresh dots, you should push through to the next eclipse as those dots will benefit from the boosts. Don't wanna be wasting GCDs reapplying dots all the time.

As for bursting 140-180k that is very low. Are you getting this number from looking at recount or skada? Or from the peak on a graph in WOL? Recount/Skada will average out your damage, ie if you jump from 140 to 180, it'll say 160 which isn't where you truly peaked.
    Make sure you're popping Incarnation as you enter lunar eclipse, casting both dots, and casting starsurge/starfire until 0 energy; cast celestial alignment and moonfire, starfall and then continue with SS/SF spam, refreshing moonfire just before CA fades, and then push through to solar and cast fresh dots ocne CA's dots fade (but before leaving solar).
    I didn't explain that right, my bad. I don't waste GCDs on refreshing, but if the DoTs don't have much time (like, 2-6 seconds), I tend to Refresh them a bit earlier to get the procs bonus. The only time i refresh them right away is on eclipse.
    And on the burst, I looked it wrong, you're right. Looking at the dynamic window, it got up to 204k, but isn't that low still? And the stabilizing at 90k, isn't that low also? The do the opening sequence right, using synapse springs on CA (right? or wrong).

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah my springs are macro'd into CA (but I also have them separate on my bars for the 2 uses that don't line up with CA).
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,

Two quick questions:
    1. Is Breath of the Hydra or Cha-ye's RF version better than the Shado-pan Assault trinket?
    2. I've heard that there's some kind of haste hard cap, that anything above that is useless, is that true? Because with CDs (excluding bloodlust) I go up to 85% haste. Am I wasting haste?

10+ Year Old Account
    Two quick questions:
    1. Is Breath of the Hydra or Cha-ye's RF version better than the Shado-pan Assault trinket?
    2. I've heard that there's some kind of haste hard cap, that anything above that is useless, is that true? Because with CDs (excluding bloodlust) I go up to 85% haste. Am I wasting haste?
    1. Cha-Ye's > SPA > Hydra for LFR, from what I can see. A big trinket list is available from here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...iS-List/page23
    2. Most of the time you'll only be buffed by normal haste + Nature's Grace. Typically you wont want any more haste after 10296, which is the GCD cap at that point.