Page 55 of 62 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Coud I get some insight on my post before this last fellows evaluation?

Quote Originally Posted by Nikcug View Post
    Logs - ww.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-8pj2odn9ggv4fui7/

Armory - us.battle.net/wow/en/character/area-52/Nikcug/simple

Was just curious if anyone can see anything I can improve on, I do not change my talents since I'm not comfortable with DoC yet. But just more or less wondering about if my uptimes are appropriate and if I'm using my CD's as I should.

These are all normal fights, sadly I had to stop raiding with my progression group about 2 months ago.

Also I removed a W from the logs for the link since I have not posted enough to be gratned the right to use links apparently haha
    Gear, uptimes and cd usage look good. You shouldn't be considering DoC anw. Considering you ranked on Nazgrim, although normal, means you are doing it right :P

Didn't go in depth with the logs. Is there something specific you are worried about?

Was just looking for a second opinion really. Just to verifiy I was playing up to par, I don't raid with my guilds main group anymore just pug here and there. So I don't get to compare myself to many other boomkin out there, I'm stuck at that spot where I look great in normals but since I can't find my way into heroic groups since my availability is skewed I can't compare myself to those who are progressing and what not. So thank you for even taking a brief look, it's reassuring to hear from someone else that I'm doing what's suppose to be done.

Howdy boomkins, loooooooooong time feral player here (since release of wrath) coming over to the boomkin side to try things out. Basically I wanted to play a caster without leveling my mage/spriest/lock whatever so I used a bunch of timeless isle stuff on my Druid and voila. Now, I've gotten my ilvl up to 506 with some H Scen drops and a few SoO LFR drops, but my dps is still....meh. I feeeeel like I'm doing the rotation right and what not, but I don't know. I don't have logs so I'm not here for that I just a have a couple of questions.

1 - How accurate is simcraft for boomkins? Or is there another tool used to measure roughly what your dps should/could look like and what certain upgrades could mean for your character?

2 - I'm assuming weapon is still largely important, maybe not as much as for a melee/physical toon, but still important? I'm using the 450 boa staff, and the difference between that and a flex 2/2 upgraded staff is about 8k spellpower. Which is more than 35% of my total spell power. Could that have a big impact on dps? I'm sitting around 75k single target, which iirc around 100k was "good" at the start of tier 14 when the ilvl was around 500-510 so I don't know if that's even all that bad. But I'm mainly wondering if an upgrade on my weapon would see a huge jump in dps because I know 100 ilvls (450-548) would take my average ilvl up like 5 or 6.

3 - Is there a good addon out there for tracking your eclipse state/dots/CDs and such or is that usually just all done with like weakauras and what not.

4- What's better, assuming equal ilvls across the board and same secondary stats, 1h/OH or 2h? Or does it always just go stats/ilvl > weapon type?
    I think that's all I've got for right now, just looking to switch over to the boomkin side and looking for any improvement I can get real quick.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonsaii View Post
    You're in between haste breakpoints. Hit the 10289 one. Also, really high mastery and crit. Probably because you need like 4k more haste.
    Do you have other options besides black blood? It kinda sucks. Well, my personal distaste for it is rather high. Someone may argue.
    Thanks for the heads-up on the haste breakpoints. Admittedly, I used askmrrobot for ease and didn't realise that the haste breakpoint could be changed manually. Have set it to 10,289 and it seems to have dumped some mastery.

Do the logs look okay? Will be logging a normal SoO run tonight so shall return with more if needed.

The black blood was an upgrade from the flex version.

Thanks.

Hello, I was helping my Fiance (new to the level 90 stuff) with her boomkin trying to figure out whats goin on with her dps. In a LFR she is pulling roughly 60k dps which is poor. I have looked up rotations and everything and honestly learned more about this class trying to help her than I ever thought I would just seeing if there was anything going on that I could help her fix. Now granted we do lag quite a bit in LFR but not enough to lose 40k dps on it. I'm in the process of trying reforging / gemming and once I get that done I'll post up her armory, but I was just looking for any tips out of the norm that would be able to help her. She is sitting around 503 ilvl so when I get on and can only pull 60k dps its frustrating to me and not even my character!

Will post back in about 15 minutes with her armory after reforges and new gemmings are done.

- - - Updated - - -

So finally went and gemmed / enchanting / reforged to hit the second haste barrier. Still only pulling around 60k damage on a target dummy : /

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/lightbringer/Autmn/simple is the armory

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SwishurSweet View Post
    Hello, I was helping my Fiance (new to the level 90 stuff) with her boomkin trying to figure out whats goin on with her dps. In a LFR she is pulling roughly 60k dps which is poor. I have looked up rotations and everything and honestly learned more about this class trying to help her than I ever thought I would just seeing if there was anything going on that I could help her fix. Now granted we do lag quite a bit in LFR but not enough to lose 40k dps on it. I'm in the process of trying reforging / gemming and once I get that done I'll post up her armory, but I was just looking for any tips out of the norm that would be able to help her. She is sitting around 503 ilvl so when I get on and can only pull 60k dps its frustrating to me and not even my character!

Will post back in about 15 minutes with her armory after reforges and new gemmings are done.

- - - Updated - - -

So finally went and gemmed / enchanting / reforged to hit the second haste barrier. Still only pulling around 60k damage on a target dummy : /

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...r/Autmn/simple is the armory
    Need logs.

- - - Updated - - -
    You are going for the 10.2k haste breakpoint at 509ilvl. I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure sacrificing that much crit to reach that breakpoint is far from worth it. Gem pure crit in yellows, int/crit or exp/crit in reds, and spirit/crit in blues.
    Last edited by Enzymic; 2014-02-03 at 01:31 AM.

- - - Updated - - -

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...r/Autmn/simple is the armory
    Ok first of all, how can you possibly expect "good" dps from a boomkin with not even 4k crit?? That's stupidly low. There's no way you should have considered going for the 2nd breakpoint. Just forget about haste until 530 ilvl or something.

At such a low ilvl, you can't really tell someone how to improve much. Gear affects a boomy greatly, and since you can get to 530 in a week these days, there's really no point about worrying about your dps at 500 ilvl. Also remember 500 now is not the same as 500 ilvl in t14. If you were 500 in T14 you had decent trinkets, set bonuses and optimized gear. She's mostly using timeless stuff and yes it might be 496/535 and make your ilvl go up for you to enter LFR but it's not as good as items from raids. The that Yulon trinket is shit.

Checking the armory now, it's starting to look better than what it was when I was initially writing this. Got 3 piece of tier, so another piece gives you a nice little dps boost. But you're still going way to high on haste and the trinks aint helping. Best advice, is to not care about your damage in LFR, or care about your ilvl, just keep playing and enjoying the game until you actually get decent geared. Then, if you still can't play, come back with logs.

Deleted
    Hello all,

Was hoping for some advice for heroic norushen, we've been having consistent wipes on it with the lowest being 0.6%; As such, i'm looking to push my DPS further.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/k...?s=1719&e=2139

Here is the best attempt for the night, and here's my armory; http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%ADn/advanced

I'm assigned to attack the adds all day erry day because we were being overwhelmed, so take that into account please.

Thanks anyway!

Edit; For some reason the logs states it's normal, ignore it, it's heroic.

Draenor bro!

There's so many boomkin bros from Draenor on this forum it's scary

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    Draenor bro!

There's so many boomkin bros from Draenor on this forum it's scary
    Ermerghd

Recent transfer over to the big D (huehuehuehue), restarted raiding and viola

Hey Guys!

I wanted to reach out, because I have a few questions on just getting my overall damage up. It's okay, but I feel like I can get it up even higher, which would lead into questions...

1.) Stopcasts. I have been going back and forth between "finish this cast" and stop casting for SS procs. The amount of crit we're getting to kind of lends to the latter, but I will get burned as many times as I won't on this.

2.) Should I look at starting to reforge into mastery? My crit is getting high, but it doesn't feel atrocious yet.

Otherwise, feel free to provide any feedback you'd like.

Wowarmory
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nbark/advanced

Guild's Log page
    http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/132314/

Quote Originally Posted by Ironbark View Post

1.) Stopcasts. I have been going back and forth between "finish this cast" and stop casting for SS procs. The amount of crit we're getting to kind of lends to the latter, but I will get burned as many times as I won't on this.

2.) Should I look at starting to reforge into mastery? My crit is getting high, but it doesn't feel atrocious yet.
    1. The only time I stop cast is if I get a proc when I'm in the first half of a starfire cast, otherwise I just finish my cast.

2. I'm pretty sure mastery never becomes better than crit. Even if they sim very close, add any movement to the fight (basically every SoO fight) and crit pulls ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Enzymic View Post
    2. I'm pretty sure mastery never becomes better than crit. Even if they sim very close, add any movement to the fight (basically every SoO fight) and crit pulls ahead.
    This is something that was discussed during the FinalBoss Balance Druid episode. It seemed to me there was a consensus between them that when you start to get to levels of crit around 15-17K, you may be getting to such a point where you have too much crit, and that you will be refreshing SS procs a lot more frequently. I've tried it out for a raid or two, and I wasn't overly impressed with "little less crit", but I was also raiding on my laptop, as I was traveling.

Hello druids!

I'm looking to get our roster playing to their optimal ability as we delve into the 'harder' heroics and am seeking some comments/criticism on the play style of our beloved Boomkin. I play a mage, so Balance is fairly foreign to me; I'd appreciate some input!

He's a great player in terms of raid awareness and playing any spec we ask him to, but I feel like DPS could be improved considering a 572 iLvl. Below are the links to our logs from the past couple of weeks. Please keep in mind that, like most guilds, we use the out-range tactic on IJ, so whereas that fight is usually a good indicator of a raider's DPS capabilities, it is probably not the best in this case. Anyway, looking forward to any input you guys may have. Thanks!

Logs - http://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/3927/
    Armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nificat/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Nebs View Post
    Hello druids!

I'm looking to get our roster playing to their optimal ability as we delve into the 'harder' heroics and am seeking some comments/criticism on the play style of our beloved Boomkin. I play a mage, so Balance is fairly foreign to me; I'd appreciate some input!

He's a great player in terms of raid awareness and playing any spec we ask him to, but I feel like DPS could be improved considering a 572 iLvl. Below are the links to our logs from the past couple of weeks. Please keep in mind that, like most guilds, we use the out-range tactic on IJ, so whereas that fight is usually a good indicator of a raider's DPS capabilities, it is probably not the best in this case. Anyway, looking forward to any input you guys may have. Thanks!

He needs to fix his stat priority. It looks like he's doing spirit=hit > haste > mastery >= crit. He really should be going spirit=hit > haste(to 10289) > crit > mastery > haste.

Doing this will give him greater star surges, increasing the speed between eclipses, minimizing Nature's Grace downtime, as well as giving him a bit more mobility.

Iron Juggernaut started at 22:32:46:00 and he didn't cast a 3 min. cd (Celestial Alignment) until 22:33:10,, almost a full minute later. His trinkets will be on ICD's then, as well as not have lust.

His opener should really be:
    Pre pull: put down 3 mushrooms underneath boss, be 25 energy from Solar.

Pull Counter 5: Astral Communion into Solar
    Pull Counter 3: Starfall, Pre-pot, start casting wrath
    On combat enter: Celestial Alignment, INC(If you have incarnation), bloom mushrooms, Treants (If Force of Nature), put up dots, normal CA rotation, then normal rotation.

Have him practice that (or something very similar) over and over on the dummies. Nailing that rotation is pretty key for pull burst.

There're other rotations for opening. There's a lunar opener that some prefer. Either one will be preferential to his opener he's using now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebs View Post
    Hello druids!

While it's great of you to try to help him out, and everyone has different commitment levels, if he's reforging to 16,000+ haste and no crit there's absolutely no way he has even read a general sticky, guide, thread, etc.

You should have him spend at least 10 minutes reading the general moonkin guides that can be found everywhere, because with his gear he should at least know that moonkins go crit :P.

Also he shouldn't be using force of nature with those trinkets.

Hows it going guys, Ill keep the story short.
    I played Resto in T14 in my own guild which was top 1,000US, I had played Resto and Feral more or less every xpac then we lost a couple of caster dps who we couldn't replace so i went Balance in T15 for the first time before my guild fell apart midway, I then xfered servers and joined a more casual, fewer raiding hours guild due to uni. I was close to gquitting yesterday as i had a two offers from 12-13H guilds and had a blow out with the RL but i have some good mates here now and the GM is great, however the RL has a issue with me, i wont even start about our blow up with me dotting the turtles on tortos/the three protectors! which apparently is padding. Anyway he thinks i should be topping single target fights as I'm more geared (I'm 575 there all 573-574 besides one hunter and the lock who are 570-571, They are better itemized though as im 1.2% over hit cap due to the spirit/mastery staff off Gal). He basically says"My multi target is great but anyone can top with tab targeting, your single target dps is low on fights like ij/malk where theres nothing to pad off " Anyways we run 2 hunters, Mage, Warlock and Warrior i would say all of those classes are better single target than a Boomkin yet I'm still usually top/top 3, I think our RL thinks boomkins are "OP". I believe I'm doing everything right but I'm not as good as you guys reading logs however my NG uptime (usually around 65-85% depending on fight, ie its low on IJ due to stacking away from the boss for 20 secs 2-3 times per fight), CD usage etc seems good (lined up with trinkets/lust etc) and like i said I'm usually top or top 2-3 fighting one of the hunters and sometimes the lock out for top spot, But if there is anything i can improve on please point it out feel free to rip into me! as the more criticism and suggestions the more i can improve. Below are this weeks Iron Juggernaut and Malkorok logs, Now i know i could astral communication to pre lunar while were away from the boss stacked but I'm usually blanketing the raid in rej as i get 5-6M heals from Rej alone as well as Tranq and finish the fight on 11-13M heals, not to mention Stampeding Roar/innervating healers/brezing if needed etc just too busy!

I've taken one W away from the link as i can't post links here, thanks for your time guys.

H Iron Jug - ww.worldoflogs.com/reports/duo4ax83wlhga4af/sum/damageDone/?s=4975&e=5357
    H Malk - ww.warcraftlogs.com/reports/hrJ2XxK9a8cY4FbB#type=damage-done
    Last edited by Balanceftw; 2014-02-14 at 12:57 AM.

Thanks for the tips Ironbark and Fountaiin. I've gone and changed up my stat priority and put different gems in. I'm working on the burst rotation. So far I went from averaging around 168-192k DPS to a solid 250k DPS on recount after 5 mins on an Anatomical Dummy. Of course the burst at the beginning and the 2nd burst in the middle was higher than 250k DPS, but after 5 mins the dummy despawned and that was the end of combat result. I believe the total damage after 5 mins was around ~77m damage compared to the total damage I used to get which was at <=50m damage.

I've been dependent on AskMrRobot for optimizing my druid but I still don't have the hang of it completely. Originally, I've been editing the weights with "change soft cap" and making it higher as I got more gear which seemed to be a good idea at the time. Now I know that I've probably been using it wrong.

This is how my druid is talented, reforged, and gem'd now. Let me know what you think.
    character/emerald-dream/Magnificat/advanced

Oh I can't share links yet :|
    Last edited by Beloved Druid; 2014-02-15 at 11:52 PM.