Page 13 of 62 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grogglen View Post
    Since I'm going to be playing balance again as main soon, I would like to make sure that what I'm doing is more or less correct.
    If anyone could give a few pointers, that would be great!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...gglen/advanced
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1382&e=1686

The log is the latest one, where I've been playing balance.
    The damage can be a little low, due to having resto reforges and a few missing item upgrades.
    Gear: you have ALOT of crit. until you replace them with 410's your belt and boots should be the valor ones. Will see a decent dps gain from that since both the belt and boots are spirit/haste. Belt also gives you a 3rd gem socket.

Spec: Should drop fungal growth (if you need to AoE slow something use glyph of hurricane) and spec into Blessing of the Grove in the Resto tree and possibly drop 1 point in dreamstate to go 3/3 owlkin frenzy since mana problems on a boomkin stopped once you hit 359ilvl.

WoL looks fine

Deleted
    Blessing of the Grove is pretty anaemic, I don't think you're going to fix anyone's DPS by telling them to spec into that. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Tecton View Post
    Blessing of the Grove is pretty anaemic, I don't think you're going to fix anyone's DPS by telling them to spec into that. :P
    1 is still greater than 0. You're also not going to fix anyone's DPS by not trying to max it as best you can. i never said "spec into blessing of the grove and all your DPS troubles will vanish!". I said speccing into blessing of the grove will net you more DPS, which is true.

Feel free to argue that not having blessing of the grove will give you more DPS than not having it, otherwise i don't understand the point of your statement.
    Last edited by Skyepic; 2012-03-14 at 01:24 PM.

Nobody said it's not a gain. But it's basically an unnoticeable gain that will get drowned out by the random variance of MFs initial hit most of the time.

I'd say taking 1 point out of it to get the full 6% from Perseverance is going to be more helpful overall.

why not take from dreamstate, only fight its remotely useful for is Heroic Yor'sahj first blue ooze, and depending on hymm / mana totem rotations you may not even need it for that either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyepic View Post
    why not take from dreamstate, only fight its remotely useful for is Heroic Yor'sahj first blue ooze, and depending on hymm / mana totem rotations you may not even need it for that either.
    Remember that you need atleast 30 talents in balance, before Starfall. Which means you can't take out both Dreamstate and Fungal Growth.
    This means you will pretty much have to choose between 2/3 Perseverence and 1/2 Blessing of the Grove.

Quote Originally Posted by Grogglen View Post
    Remember that you need atleast 30 talents in balance, before Starfall. Which means you can't take out both Dreamstate and Fungal Growth.
    This means you will pretty much have to choose between 2/3 Perseverence and 1/2 Blessing of the Grove.
    pff that's just what blizzard wants you to think, i run 11/10/10 balance spec

On a more serious note.....Oh yeah

Considering weapon switch.

Current gear setup:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lgoro/advanced

I have Normal Lightning Rod in my bank and if i reforge to mastery on it and put a Reckless Lava Coral in it I have 3106 haste.

Wrathcalcs says it's a +-500 dps gain. Is that haste breakpoint so powerfull it compensates the Spellpower loss?

What you guys think?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullgore View Post
    Considering weapon switch.

Current gear setup:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lgoro/advanced

I have Normal Lightning Rod in my bank and if i reforge to mastery on it and put a Reckless Lava Coral in it I have 3106 haste.

Wrathcalcs says it's a +-500 dps gain. Is that haste breakpoint so powerfull it compensates the Spellpower loss?

What you guys think?
    If wrathcalcs says so its safe to assume that thats the way it is. Also the spellpower loss is minor. Your DPS gain will be even higher on fights where you run more then a single set of dots.

Quote Originally Posted by tksh View Post
    Thank you for your response

-helm: I was waiting a friend to transform my carnelian into rubies. I believe I'll change it soon.
    -ring: I thought that using two stats gems (int/haste) in a socket that only gives +10int bonus was not worth it. (unless I use epic +25int/+25haste).
    -wrist: I'll find one to buy.

hm... I wanted to figure out if my dps was at least decent, but I guess... I will have to wait another week to save the logs from the fight.
    Even though I'm a bit late on this I would like to point this out since I see a lot of boomkins gemming +40 Intel in a piece with 1 socket and +10Intel bonus : The normalized values of stats against 1 point of Intel is => 0.65 Haste , 0,5 Mastery , 0,4 Crit.

So according to this if you gem 20Intel+20Haste in a yellow socket with +10Intel bonus you get 30 intel + 20 haste vs +40Intel of a red => 20 haste vs 10 Intel.

Using the values above you can see that 20 Haste is worth more than 10 Intel in terms of dps.

(Values are taken using Simcraft and Wrathcalcs in T13 gear, not close to a breakpoint that would overvalue haste)

Edit: Same for epic gems as it's 15 Intel vs 25 Haste
    Last edited by Juvencus; 2012-03-17 at 08:58 PM.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Bwat/advanced

I don't really know what to say. In DS or FL my dps is always 26k or below. I really can't figure out why.

Quote Originally Posted by Xozat View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Bwat/advanced

I don't really know what to say. In DS or FL my dps is always 26k or below. I really can't figure out why.
    Gear and spec seem fine (except Lunar Shower) or nothing major that would explain 26k dps. It's 99% a Rotation/Priority issue, so Logs will be needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Gear and spec seem fine (except Lunar Shower) or nothing major that would explain 26k dps. It's 99% a Rotation/Priority issue, so Logs will be needed.
    Where do I get logs?

Quote Originally Posted by Xozat View Post
    Where do I get logs?
    From worldoflogs.com . Either your guild does them during raids or do them yourself if your raid hasn't started

Sorry but how do I use this site?

Deleted
    Save a combat log while doing raids (either by typing /combatlog or using a combat logger addon), register an account/your guild then use the Java app on their site to upload it to their servers.

When we should refresh DOT?

Quote Originally Posted by Montiele View Post
    When we should refresh DOT?
    when they fall off

Unless you're very close to an Eclipse. Like, 1-2 casts max.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Even though I'm a bit late on this I would like to point this out since I see a lot of boomkins gemming +40 Intel in a piece with 1 socket and +10Intel bonus : The normalized values of stats against 1 point of Intel is => 0.65 Haste , 0,5 Mastery , 0,4 Crit.

So according to this if you gem 20Intel+20Haste in a yellow socket with +10Intel bonus you get 30 intel + 20 haste vs +40Intel of a red => 20 haste vs 10 Intel.

Using the values above you can see that 20 Haste is worth more than 10 Intel in terms of dps.

(Values are taken using Simcraft and Wrathcalcs in T13 gear, not close to a breakpoint that would overvalue haste)

Edit: Same for epic gems as it's 15 Intel vs 25 Haste
    The numbers come up pretty much a wash either way though, don't they?

Are you considering the additional int we get from 10 int due to talents and motw?

---------- Post added 2012-03-21 at 09:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Skyepic View Post
    when they fall off
    If you're in decent gear they shouldn't be falling off until you're just about at the next Eclipse, unless you're doing some heavy moving for something. I've never understood this idea that people refresh DoTs mid-Eclipse . Doesn't make sense to me.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre