Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    For...weed...real-...really??

*facepalm*
    Its still last I checked a drug, and illegal. This kid deserves what he got if he actually is guilty of the crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser499 View Post
    It shouldn't be illegal, it's only illegal for the most stupidest reasons.
    Completely disagree. I watched a boy grow up over 20 years who completely allowed his life to be destroyed by it. Now he's in prison a very long time due to it. Weed is a terrible drug, the consequences and risks of which are severely downplayed. Any who would use it deserve to also go to jail.

Its illegal, The laws are in place to prevent its misuse, and citizens can either obey and respect that, or defy the law and reap the consequences. Thats really what it boils down to. Anything else? Irrelevant. *shrug*
    Last edited by LichslayerX; 2011-10-06 at 09:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So he's 14, I'm sure strings can be pulled as this would ultimately affect Indonesia in a publicity sense, he's still young with his life ahead of him, but on the other hand, he's not at an age where the excuse "He probably didn't know better" is in any way a reason to let him off without a lesson taught.

Indonesian laws are pretty clear cut and you are forewarned of the implications of getting caught doing anything illegal there, especially if you're an Aussie tourist... you'd think with the coverage the Schapelle Corby fiasco got a few years ago would have sent a clear message (that had huuuuge coverage over in Aussie).
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Army of Darkness View Post
    Is this really news worthy? Teenagers get arrested all the time for carrying weed.

In any case I would feel more pity for the kid, if I hadn't gotten the impression that he was some over-privatized rich kid.
    That is the dumbest statement I've heard in a while.

Is it really news worthy? How often do you see a 14 year old being tried as an adult and face up to 12 years in prison in a foreign country.

Not saying that what he did isn't wrong either. You're a complete retard if you ever contemplate taking drugs overseas, especially Indonesia. Everyone in Australia has heard of Schapelle Corby and knows what happened to her.
    Last edited by Berteh; 2011-10-06 at 09:17 AM.

First glance at the title, i thought u lot are going to defend the aussie boy for...well being an aussie...and criticising indonesia for...well being indonesia..

but i guess i was wrong..

Quote Originally Posted by Medanielle View Post
    While it's disgusting to think what will happen to this kid in jail, and while it's digesting to think that it's all over a joint, there's not much that can be said in his defense.

Drugs are illegal, and contries like Indonesia and Thailand are very serious about it. I repeat, it's illegal. Keep off them.
    QFT - While I don't approve of it, I can't believe that the kid ever thought this to be a good idea in the first place.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Loki Almighty View Post
    First glance at the title, i thought u lot are going to defend the aussie boy for...well being an aussie...and criticising indonesia for...well being indonesia..

but i guess i was wrong..
    I honestly thought the EXACT same thing

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by LichslayerX View Post
    Its still last I checked a drug, and illegal. This kid deserves what he got if he actually is guilty of the crime.
    Completely disagree. I watched a boy grow up over 20 years who completely allowed his life to be destroyed by it. Now he's in prison a very long time due to it. Weed is a terrible drug, the consequences and risks of which are severely downplayed. Any who would use it deserve to also go to jail.

Its illegal, The laws are in place to prevent its misuse, and citizens can either obey and respect that, or defy the law and reap the consequences. Thats really what it boils down to. Anything else? Irrelevant. *shrug*
    And I watch people destroy their lives doing trivial things such as playing a video game or becoming obsessed over X thing in a compulsive manner. Now to as why i believe it should be legal and why it is stupid because it is illegal is beyond the point. Just because someone let their life be destroyed over something like X doesn't mean X is evil, it just means that person has a problem. All things are good in moderation. Save something that will kill you. Like molten magma, or electricity.
    Last edited by Manabomb; 2011-10-06 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LichslayerX View Post

Hide in your little protective bubble more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stay on topic please, we are not here to discuss the legality of marijuana.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Hide in your little protective bubble more.
    Whatever you believe or other people believe if weed should be illegal or not, it doesn't matter. At this current time, it is illegal, and the boy got caught.

Indonesia has to do something about it or else they'll look weak not upholding their own laws.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Can't really feel sorry for him, he knew the consequences when he did it.
    You're right. I'm sure a 14 year old child seriously considered all the ramifications of carrying a pinch of reefer around in his pocket... Get real. 14 year old boys don't think about the consequences of anything let alone something like potential prison sentences in 3rd world countries for drug possession.

If he did not know the consequence after the Bali 9 and Corby and all the publicity surrounding them, then he really has a problem and his family should maybe educate him rather than take him on holidays. If his family was letting him, a 14 year old, walk around in another country without supervision, and able to buy drugs, his family has some serious questions to also answer. His parents should know if he was a user, and as such should have made sure he could not get caught (its blatantly obvious when people use marijuana even lightly - between smell, eyes and behaviour), as I doubt it was his first time experimenting.

The max term is extreme, but very unlikely to ever eventuate. Also due to his age I would guess he will get a prisoner transfer deal to be jailed within Australia.

As for it not being illegal. Why should a mind altering drug which causes severe health problems with even light and 'responsible' use be legal? Do not use alcohol or tobacco as a justification, as, while also causing similar problems, there is both measures coming into play to restrict and reduce use, and history/tolerance problems in society keeping them as they are. There is only one use for marijuana, and that is medical - Terminally ill , stress relief, insomnia etc. Use for any other reason has no purpose and no reason. If you honestly think its harmless, go ask most doctors what they've seen, see what happens to people who get addicted to it, or use it for many years. Ive seen far too many friends destroying their life due to this harmless drug, people who could have been sports stars and academics alike but the addiction was stronger then their dreams.

stupid news from typical 3rd world countries.. arresting a 14 year old lol.

User was infracted for this post.
    Last edited by mmoc0fc091fcb6; 2011-10-06 at 11:33 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quite honestly I'm normally all for "they had it coming"..... but it's weed..... not cocaine, not crystal meth, not heroine...... weed....we as a global society need to get that through our heads and get over it.

Wherever Alcohol and Caffeine consumption is legal, so should Marijuana.

So we can stop stupid stuff like this from happening, stop making criminals out of innocent people and stop putting this into dangerous hands.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    You're right. I'm sure a 14 year old child seriously considered all the ramifications of carrying a pinch of reefer around in his pocket... Get real. 14 year old boys don't think about the consequences of anything let alone something like potential prison sentences in 3rd world countries for drug possession.
    Finally, someone who actually has their head on properly and realises that he's only 14. Practically a child.

self fail.
    I would never ever travel to a country with such hardcore laws regarding drugs with drugs in my bags.

Quote Originally Posted by Berteh View Post
    Finally, someone who actually has their head on properly and realises that he's only 14. Practically a child.
    Practically a child already addicted to weed. Examples need to be set to stop children from doing drugs, since obviously the parents aren't doing anything about it.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

i think 12 years for a minimal amount is kind of harsh, but he shouldnt just get out for free and have the marijuana taken from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazu View Post
    the addiction was stronger then their dreams.
    That's just hilarious...

It should be legal, it will be legal, and it is legal in 16 states, all you need is a card that doctors give you for any excuse you can make up for needing it.

This happened in a completely different country though so it doesn't really matter. Even if it was legal, little kids don't need to be getting high and there should be an appropriate punishment, 12 years is extreme.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yalingo View Post
    Really? Putting a 14 year old boy in jail with adult criminals is just punishment for carrying what is basically a joint?

Do you understand how much he would be raped/beaten/ possibly killed? For a joint?

He's 14 for christ sake.
    yeh its fine he stabed ur friend naa its fine he is only 14 send him to pshologist he wil be fine...just wake the f up drugs=ilega like it or not...i'd say throw him for life