Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Krafmon View Post
    You do realize that effects which alter your appearance don't work when we shift into cat form or any other druid form for that matter? im pretty sure you never played a feral/moonkin.

And as for being a special snowflake no, but every other class gets new look every tier with new gear, we dont, we always look the same no matter what gear we have so excuse me if i wanna look a bit different from time to time.
    I do believe that DBW would still change you out of cat form as a feral dps.

Deleted
    People QQ way too much about legendary's, im pretty sure 95% of the people complaining will never get the legendary item anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    You do realize that effects which alter your appearance don't work when we shift into cat form or any other druid form for that matter? im pretty sure you never played a feral/moonkin.

And as for being a special snowflake no, but every other class gets new look every tier with new gear, we dont, we always look the same no matter what gear we have so excuse me if i wanna look a bit different from time to time.
    I do the barbershop every month because that's all we get.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by domie1595 View Post
    Its not really the same to change a model to make it look better, and to throw some color on an already excisting model (without making it better looking in other ways).
    The model & texture work were already done for other mobs introduced in 4.2 (Staghelm + Fire Druids), so there wasn't a whole lot of extra work done specifically for druids.

Most of what they say ends up being a cost/benefit analysis. They don't want to do a huge amount of additional work for a very small segment of players. Doing something for one out of four specs for one class is exactly that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by arden714 View Post
    There's already multiple trinkets they've made to alter your appearance while in combat. Do you really need to be told you're a special snowflake every raid tier to make up for blizzard not making you class specific/spec specific legendary? Your class already has the current legendary.
    ppl that cant understand the dif betwin feral/moonkin/and resto makes me sick all the time
    if resto is good and feral/moonkin is bad they say druid are fine check resto
    if feral is good and resto/moonkin is bad they go the same
    if moonkin bla bla bla bla wth you cant understand moonkin feral resto is 3 diferent things

Having a legendary for ONE spec of a hybrid class is kind of ridiculous, in my opinion.

Plus, you can't even see it while you're shapeshifted, so why does it have to be pretty? /saltinwound.

;D

But, on a serious note -- gearing a legendary towards such a small niche of players is something Blizz won't do. And I don't really blame them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sovellis View Post
    Having a legendary for ONE spec of a hybrid class is kind of ridiculous, in my opinion.

Plus, you can't even see it while you're shapeshifted, so why does it have to be pretty? /saltinwound.

;D

But, on a serious note -- gearing a legendary towards such a small niche of players is something Blizz won't do. And I don't really blame them.
    I think they should be somewhat more creative about it, tbh.

Like 4.3's rogue legendary. Make an on-use ability that combines the two daggers into a polearm with appropriate stats -- instant feral legendary (or legendary hunter trinket).

;D

Yeah, like a legendary that benefits only one class. That'd be insane, they'd never do that.

Also, a feral legendary wouldn't benefit one spec of one class. It would benefit 2 specs of one class (yes, feral DPS and feral tank are different specs) and all specs of another (Hunter).

On a side note, people who use the "but you guys got fire kitty staff, that's your legendary" argument are dumb.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypnozis View Post
    I do believe that DBW would still change you out of cat form as a feral dps.
    I do believe DBW is last expansion trinket so its not an option to have it equipped in combat.

And like i said im not against things like that (DBW, fire cat staff), but they could implement such stuff more often, not just once per expansion.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lotj View Post
    Needs more firebear.
    Don't stop there! Burning Ents and Flarekins ftw! While we're at it we can make aquatic form a fire breathing manatee to have the staff cover all the bases!
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

I've said it before, I'll say it again.

Blizzard didn't give us ANYTHING by giving us fire cat form. They had the model from Fandral, they spent a few extra minutes removing the armor from it and adding it to the staff he drops. That's it. They didn't draw it specifically for us. They didn't go out of their way and create it for us. It was left overs from what they had already done, so they threw us a bone, nothing more.

That being said, Rogue's don't deserve SHIT. They didn't feel special this expansion? I get mistaken for a fucking hunter pet, QQ. Can you tell this topic makes me upset?

Without raging too hard, Rogue's didn't deserve shit, Blizzard didn't do us any favors by giving us Fandrals, and yes I would MUCH rather have had a legendary than some cosmetic change that I will ditch in the coming months. Fact of the matter is, Blizzard NEEDS to make a Legendary for Ferals/Hunters. Until they do, fuck them.

If you want to see your armour change from tier to tier and look at it in combat, roll a class that doesn't shape shift. That's half the reason people roll druid.

I'm a tank so I dont see it often, but it is nice when I do. If the option was fire kitty or a legendary though, I'd pick a legendary. Six years now and there has yet to be a legendary we could use. (and plz dont say atiesh because it was a caster weapon with a little bit of feral attack power) Every other class/spec in game has had access to one but feral and it's looking like it's going to stay that way

I play resto main but offspec kitty (have yet to get the staff, our hunter got it first since he can't get ranseur) and I think it's really quite cool, especially with the oozeling debuff, but I really wish transmoging another stave to Fandrals would allow you to still be a fire kitty, mainly becase I change my hair to match my resto gear and sometimes I don't always like the cooresponding kitty color >.< (also wtb fire bear along with fire kitty)

Theres no reason why they can't make it for ferals and hunters. Gearing it towards one spec and a full class is no different (technically it's slighty better) than having a legendary purely for one class.
    Last edited by Vraizan; 2011-10-06 at 10:57 PM.

Sig and Avi by Isilrien <3 Priest~Hunter~Druid~Paladin

My main is a resto druid (and i have fire kitty as offspecc) In my opinion they should add more cosmetic items like these. Ferals dont really need a legendary, sure they havent gotten a real one yet, but lets face it ferals are shapeshifted 99.9% of the time (0.1% being when they afk in SW or Org). One of the main points of a legendary is that it looks awesome and you can quickly identify them in combat, since we will be shapeshifted most of the time and nobody will see them we might aswell ask for a plain and simple cane with an orange name that has inflated stats. They should make legendaries that would be put to a good use (perhaps a shield for tanks or maces for enhance shaman) and just keep adding cosmetic rare-hard to get items like fire kitty.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=50362 would like to have a word with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love my fire kitten staff, if they also made it so you turned into a scorpion in bear it'd be the greatest thing ever...

Deleted

;D

By far you've had 2 staves for moonkin and val'anyr, hammer of ancient kings for resto. Now that I think of it, atiesh was for resto too, wasn't it?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.

;D

So gearing a legendary for such a small niche of players such as....rogues ...is different in what way?

---------- Post added 2011-10-06 at 09:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Barrowwind View Post
    So play resto - or a dif class
    Hang on, let me just go get my bitchslapping glove out of the wash and throw it in the dryer....brb

Okay back Now....you're saying he should respec to solve not being able to use appearance changing items?
    I guess I can match you in suggesting you post on craigslist instead of here. Maybe you can do hardmode rants and raves?
    Yah, you are about that relevant and logical. (be gone! you have no power here! *claps hands and sprays bug spray*)
    210 posts you have...and this is the best you can come up with?
    Go brush your teeth and then go to bed, you're out of touch with reality and possibly cranky.

OT:Transmog gear effecting kitty looks is pure win in my opinion...though I can foresee many, many, visually hilarious bugs that could result.
    If rogues only can get a leggi, then why not kitties?

Deleted
    I'd be happy if I got it yet.. Been killing Domo since a long time back, staff havnt dropped once, in any group. If didnt see other druids with it on server, Id start to question it existed...
    But yeah, its awesome, wish such things was made more often.