Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by walexia View Post
    kinda true, there are several stories of people having survived situations which would have killed them , but that was because many of their wounds luckily missed vital organs and vessels.
    If you watch "1000 ways to die" you will realize that we are still fragile in many ways, especially our heads....when they say wear a helmet ...you do do it!!!!
    I actually have met a Pararescue jumper (if you don't know what that is, it's basically a combination of an airforce medic and a terminator) who jumped out of a plane at several thousand feet. His parachute failed. As did his backup chute. He hit the ground and not only survived, he was back to work less than a year later. Not all humans are, but some people are damn near invincible.

Fu"#$%! gangs man, they are the first thing to get into kids minds if they've got nothing to do!

Incredible, and very inspiring story. I didn't really want to watch it at first, but I did, and it was well worth it.

Beautiful story, thank you for sharing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Hrmm. You know, the older I get, the more I realize that humans are really hard to kill.
    If humans were easy to kill, you wouldn't be getting any older.

Deleted
    I actually have met a Pararescue jumper (if you don't know what that is, it's basically a combination of an airforce medic and a terminator) who jumped out of a plane at several thousand feet. His parachute failed. As did his backup chute. He hit the ground and not only survived, he was back to work less than a year later. Not all humans are, but some people are damn near invincible.
    Combination of luck and a strong person. I bet he didn't hit the plain ground, but still very impressive.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's an amazing story! I really enjoyed listening!

wow, awesome and inspiring story!

fuck that kid that shot him, and his horrible family for cheering him on for shooting a good friend of 10 years, WTF is wrong with you, society!?

well, on the plus side, he gets 35 years of prison rape to think about it, hahahah

Simply amazing. Disgusting that he said his "Friend's" family was cheering on his "friend". Glad he got justice in the end, I hope he lives life to the fullest.

Ill say this now: much respect to this guy. It reminds me that there's still people out there who know what it really means to be strong in any crisis and not just act out a water-downed overly glorified version of it.
    Every time I think i'm done with you WoW you just drag me back in...

10+ Year Old Account
    That's one tough kid.

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    Oh shit, he's from Macomb. I'm from the area...

He had a good first instinct; you don't go to the East Side of the D.

I wish the kid who shot the guy, could go through some counseling in jail so that he can see what the repurcussions deaths have on families, and what it actually means to have a life cut short.I also feel that if the guy is also 17 or a teenager then 35 yrs is too short for a such a cold blooded execution.

Quote Originally Posted by walexia View Post
    I wish the kid who shot the guy, could go through some counseling in jail so that he can see what the repurcussions deaths have on families, and what it actually means to have a life cut short.I also feel that if the guy is also 17 or a teenager then 35 yrs is too short for a such a cold blooded execution.
    It is short. Did you not hear the end of the video? The judge said thank you to the victim. Had he died, the kid would of gotten life in prison. He didn't die, so he got the max sentence, 35 years. 17 year old kid in prison for 35 years. He won't get out until he is 52 years old. He'll regret what he did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackPyramid View Post
    Combination of luck and a strong person. I bet he didn't hit the plain ground, but still very impressive.
    He blacked out during the fall, which I later found out (via the discovery channel) is probably what saved him. Turns out that when you are totally limp, your body handles impacts far batter by distributing the force more evenly. Which, to me, is a great tribute to the ingenuity of the human body.

Quote Originally Posted by Demona3 View Post
    It is short. Did you not hear the end of the video? The judge said thank you to the victim. Had he died, the kid would of gotten life in prison. He didn't die, so he got the max sentence, 35 years. 17 year old kid in prison for 35 years. He won't get out until he is 52 years old. He'll regret what he did.
    If he get's out alive, always a chance he gets shanked in prison.

Deleted
    What I don't understand is why his family cheered on the kid who shot Ross. I don't know why the judge didn't give him jail for life anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demona3 View Post
    If he's good he could get out in 1/2 to 1/4 of the time.

Which I'm okay with, personally. If, during the next 10 or so years, he realizes how stupid he was, I'd rather have him out in society minding his own business than behind bars soaking up my money.

If he's good he could get out in 1/2 to 1/4 of the time.

Which I'm okay with, personally. If, during the next 10 or so years, he realizes how stupid he was, I'd rather have him out in society minding his own business than behind bars soaking up my money.
    No the way he conducted him self at the trial shows he has no remorse, so this is exactly the type of criminal our taxes are meant to keep locked away.

If, during the next 10 or so years, he realizes how stupid he was, I'd rather have him out in society minding his own business than behind bars soaking up my money.
    Sadly, that almost never happens. Chances are good he'd be a re-offender.

One of the best video's I've ever seen.

You can see where he was almost crying but he kept his chin up, respect to this guy.