Poll: Do you think that Blizzard will announce Diablo III release date at Blizzcon?

Do you think that Blizzard will announce Diablo III release date at Blizzcon?

The title says it all.

Deleted
    Assuming they're only delaying the game for a month or two I think a release date is fairly likely, although we know how reluctant Blizzard is about announcing those.

Deleted
    They already announced the date. Next year SOON™

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Punky View Post
    They already announced the date. Next year SOON™
    I hate to be the one telling you this, but that's not a date.

I would say they kind of have to or else many people will get pissed, I'm only curious about the game but many are very excited about its release.

10+ Year Old Account
    From what content is actually in Beta atm I doubt very much they will commit to a date anytime soon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjam0ves View Post
    I hate to be the one telling you this, but that's not a date.
    For Blizzard "SOON™" it's a pretty valid date.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    They usually don't post release dates until it's very soon. They did just recently push it back from Q4 2011 to Q1 2012 though. :/

If you look at the Blizzcon 2011 app there's a metric buttload of Diablo 3 panels, some which are just labeled 'Diablo 3'. So they're hiding the true purpose of the panel. There is something they don't want to give away until the big day, when they'll make some super awesome announcement. Release date? Something else? Who knows!

I hope so, but I seriously doubt it.

Deleted
    I really hope so, but I'm going to assume as the date was pushed back, that they probably don't even know it themselves for sure at this point. If they hadn't announced the pushback I'd say yes, but as they've changed it, I doubt it.....I live in hope though, I like having a specific date to look forward to

Deleted
    No they won't. 100%
    I think they are going to announce it in January, 2012. and the release date will be around mid February.

I don't really care if they announce it or not. I'm not going to play it during xmas period, and if it comes in january or february won't matter too much. What would matter, it is if they wanted to delay it even more (but that would be decided closer to xmas any way)

Quote Originally Posted by Ceilingpony View Post
    No they won't. 100%
    I think they are going to announce it in January, 2012. and the release date will be around mid February.
    They would've had the packaging going into production by January if it's to be released Mid-Feb.

There's at least 1-2 months space needed for actual disc/packaging and distribution.

So, chances are we're going to get a Release Date real soon. ^_^

Deleted
    I wouldn't hold my breath for it, especially since we're talking about Blizzard here. I'm betting more on a lot of game info being released, but an actual date...we may have to wait a bit longer for that one.

Blizzard is very strong to give political answers. They can confirm and deny anything in the same sentence without anyone knowing what they're talking about. I'm sure Blizzard will give us a fantastic response, and trust that the question will arise: When will the game be released?

- One of our future products will be released between tonight and the end of time, perhaps. It is too early to speculate. Next question?

Personally, I pray, and hope for a release date during Blizzcon