Deleted

Anyone heard of Vipre AntiVirus?

While I could search google and look for review sites, I don't really trust them. So I'll ask in here instead.

Has anyone got Vipre AntiVirus Home Premium? I got an email from a well known coupon site saying Lifetime 3 PC sub for £20

Quote Originally Posted by elfispresley View Post
    While I could search google and look for review sites, I don't really trust them. So I'll ask in here instead.

Has anyone got Vipre AntiVirus Home Premium? I got an email from a well known coupon site saying Lifetime 3 PC sub for £20
    I honestly dont know anything about them but id rather get a lifetime sub to microsoft security essentials for free for as many pc's as you like than trust something that cant be substantiated. All virus software is NOT made equal. Nevertheless I did find this review.

http://reviews.cnet.com/search-resul...-33190884.html
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Avast seems to do the job for me. But I don't want to turn this thread into a My anti virus is better thread.
    Just get something that is known and is good.

With Antivrius my 2 cents is nothing is foolproof, although it is advisable to only have 1 firewall and AV Program actively running at same time.

Have a look at Major Geeks:

http://majorgeeks.com/page.php?id=20

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm using AVG free 2012, no problems at all really, seems pretty decent!

It partly depends what sites you go on and what you download

10+ Year Old Account
    Partly...? It's wholly reliant on that... safe browsing habits > AntiVirus

But i use AVG. Free, works, no complaints....

Deleted
    cheers all, i'll stick with what I have

I have Vipre for almost 2 years now. It's great, but that's just my opinion.
    “See your world through my eyes: A universe so vast as to be immeasurable - incomprehensible even to your greatest minds.”