Cataclysm CD Install -> Current Version

I was wondering if anyone knew, which files need to be backed up (Ignoring all the files that are on the original cata Disc, Addons and thier settings), to have what is in effect 4.0 -> 4.2 patch

With the streaming client, unless bandwidth/usage caps are a concern, why not just let the streaming client do its job?

It takes a while, and done at the wrong time of day, i get my bandwidth halved http://shop.virginmedia.com/help/tra...nt-policy.html

Traffic Management as they say

Besides id rather have the files available
    Yesterday is history, today is a gift, tomorrow is mystery.

Streaming client does not really allow any easy way of storing the patches separately. For backup purposes USB HDD is easy and fast solution and you wont run out of space fast. Even 32GB USB memory stick would be enough to hold whole game and bunch of other stuff.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    I don't think it is possible anymore as gone are the days of pre-downloading the patches so it is ready for patch day. I did a fresh install the otherday thinking i had backed up the patches like i used to do before the new launcher so i don't have to download anything but the game ended up downloading basically everything again. This after using the WOTLK dvd of course as i do not have the Cata one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RestMyCase View Post
    I don't think it is possible anymore as gone are the days of pre-downloading the patches so it is ready for patch day. I did a fresh install the otherday thinking i had backed up the patches like i used to do before the new launcher so i don't have to download anything but the game ended up downloading basically everything again. This after using the WOTLK dvd of course as i do not have the Cata one.
    Incorrect If you wish to use the old fashion method simply start up wow 4x or earlier (wow.exe) directly and not via the launcher.exe attempt to login and it should download the current patch the old fashion way.
    But honestly the best way to backup wow is simply copy the whole directory to another drive or partition and copy it back as it will be playable in minutes vs whatever it takes to install from the retail dvd + updates.
    Last edited by lockblock; 2011-10-07 at 11:39 AM.

Deleted
    I wish i knew that before. >.>