Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I must say that's a really good idea. :-)

Deleted
    ABOUT TIME! Hopefully this new loot system will be applied to all dungeons and raids eventually.

Deleted
    thats the way to go.

If the group drops a healer don't expect anyone to change role to fill the gap then. They're shafting people for being useful for the queue system. It also fails to mention that nearly all healer gear is shared with dps gear. There's no reason a healer cannot out roll other cloth wearers when collecting her OS kit. For example a Resto druid will have higher priority than a Feral druid when rolling on potential moonkin kit.
    Last edited by Mammoth; 2011-10-07 at 05:08 PM.

Now THAT is an elegant solution to a complex problem. Love it.

Deleted
    Excellent way to deal with the situation.

Brilliant, I think blizzard did it again.

Interesting, however there could be a problem regarding certain items that are BiS for tanks and dps, for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalx View Post
    I wonder why not make a MS need button and a OS need button and make them available to the respective specs instead of this.. wouldn't a +100 be a guaranteed win? MS can roll 1 and OS roll 100, and MS will still win with 101. so there's not much point in that
    Presumably it's easier for them to add 100 rather than adding a third rolling hierarchy, since as you pointed out they accomplish the same thing.
    Seems like a good change, though I'm still curious how they'll go about handling the kick system and such.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Perfect implementation.

This won't stop hunters from needing on 2H strenght swords.

LoL, the way they described it was that the specific spec always wins. If tank A and B roll 7 and 12, they always get +100 added to that. They made it seem like it wasn't a /random 200 roll but a /roll with 100 added on which means no matter what they couldn't be beat. I am hoping he just described it wonky and bonus rolls are just getting a /random 200 roll

Deleted
    I wonder why not make a MS need button and a OS need button and make them available to the respective specs instead of this.. wouldn't a +100 be a guaranteed win? MS can roll 1 and OS roll 100, and MS will still win with 101. so there's not much point in that
    The bonus only applies to need rolls.

Solid system, no flaws from what I can see, liking it.

Perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by frag971 View Post
    So what prevents having all fury, cats, retris and frostDKs to select tanking role just before the pull and have +100 on that last item they want from that specific boss?
    Tell the leader not to do a role check before the pull?

10+ Year Old Account
    There's always one.

To explain it a bit, this system isn't designed so that people can EVER get OS gear over someone who needs it MS, and that's what people have always wanted.

+100 isn't a guaranteed win because chances are you'll still have competition to roll against who are in that role and therefore get the +100 to their rolls as well, essentially stopping anyone from going in as a dps and winning tank or healer loot that the MS player wants, that parts important as another benefit is that a dps can roll need on every tank item if he wants to build a tank spec and not feel bad about it OR get flamed for it, as he will only actually have a chance of winning if the tanks don't want the item.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by frag971 View Post
    So what prevents having all fury, cats, retris and frostDKs to select tanking role just before the pull and have +100 on that last item they want from that specific boss?
    Think a group will be formed with 2/3 tanks and if 1 of them isnt a tank they probably got kicked

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Percolator View Post
    Interesting, however there could be a problem regarding certain items that are BiS for tanks and dps, for instance.
    Both roles will get the bonus, there is no problem.

So what about dps items that are also good for tanking I wonder? Like the belt of Shannox. Or caster items that can be good for a healer too? How about Blood Dk's rolling on 2handers?
    Also, feral items, do they give prio to a bear or a kitty/rogue?

Quote Originally Posted by Radeghost View Post
    I like the idea.
    yeah me too. but what about items that gives stats both a dps warrior and a tank wants? like mastery + expertise/hit ? what would happen then? is it listed as a "both roles" item?