Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ...
    For people that play since the beginning it's clear that the game is a shadow of what it was in the past. This has a lot to do with the community though. But also with bad decisions by Blizzard. Like the dungeon finder, very convenient. But it killed the communities that were on seperate realms. Which made wow during vanilla and TBC awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    For people that play since the beginning it's clear that the game is a shadow of what it was in the past. This has a lot to do with the community though. But also with bad decisions by Blizzard. Like the dungeon finder, very convenient. But it killed the communities that were on seperate realms. Which made wow during vanilla and TBC awesome.
    I agree.

What kept me playing a lot was the community and it isn't even a shadow of what it used to be like back in Vanilla/TBC. Making raids go from 40 -> 25 -> 10 reaaaally scattered the community even more. The LFG pretty much put an end to any sense of community. Also dungeons are so easy there is so little to do in the end game now because it takes like a week to clear content. I used to believe that heroics = different content but after completing every heroic dungeon/raid the Firelands heroics just didn't feel like anything new.

3. Heroics overtuned when Cataclism started. When you were 30-45m in the queue and a run took between 1.5h - 3 h rotating 7 tanks, 4 healers ,12 dps , eventualy group disbanding in the end before finishing it ... you knew they screwed up .
    You know whats funny is TBC heroics were vastly harder than any heroics when Cata started but never had the problems you mention.. The reason was you had a community of people that had similar goals and skill sets. Big guilds knew other big guilds and everyone knew who the good small guilds were. So when you built up a group you didn't say we need a healer you said "XX, YY, ZZ and BB are online lets ask one of them". Or you would do a /who <Guild Name> and ask from there because you knew their guild was wired tight. All the "bads" were in some no name guild or a guild that was notorious for being full of them. There was always someone who was super social in your guild and good at getting groups together, and there were these type of people in other guilds too. So when you saw "Aloe: Looking for a healer" you knew right off that was a good group because Aloe had a good reputation for running smooth runs.

These things new people will never experience which is too bad because that is why this is supposed to be a MMO and Battlefield/Modern Warfare aren't labeled as one.
    Last edited by Eggoman; 2011-10-17 at 02:15 AM.

For me, it just got to be "more of the same." WoW is a great game, no doubt about it. But I'm simply bored. Cataclysm isn't bad, but anyone can get bored of something after 6 years. I look forward to GW2 and SW:TOR, but I'm sure if I played them for 6 years, I'd get bored.

10+ Year Old Account
    Community is everything.

if you know a bunch of pals you keep playing with they will keep you playing. haning around with those pals, do instanceruns with them and joking about the bad DPS in that run, thats what.

Even if you havent anything to do you pals will keep you busy. Maybe he started a new Toon and needs help with a quest. or you just rush a old raid with a bunch of guys.. or watever. Even boring Stuff like fishing or Archeology is fun if you can actually talk to someone.

Blizzards mistake was to strip down the community step by step... If your ebst RL friend doesnt play Wow you can quit too. But if he still plays you got at least one reason to keep playing.

I saw it while i played DC Universe... also i reached maxlvl and never raided before, did only a few groupquests... I still have plenty to do but because the chatsystem sucks almost no communication happens. no guildrecuzing, no trading, no chitchat in the channels. Because i know noone it got boring to quest alone so i quit.
    WoW is heading into a similar fate.

Deleted
    Do "i dont get enough for my money" counts as "boring after 6 years" count me in!

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Community is everything.

if you know a bunch of pals you keep playing with they will keep you playing. haning around with those pals, do instanceruns with them and joking about the bad DPS in that run, thats what.

<snip>
    And given that most people have at least one friend who's a Star Wars fan... things don't look good for WoW given this rationale! :P