Resto Sham / Ele OS
    Disc priest

Aff Lock / Demo OS
    Spriest
    MM Hunter
    Boomkin / Rogue - depending on who shows up
    Frost DK - Me

Currently 5/7 HM

From what I've gathered with the few attempts we put in, I'll be soaking the exploding adds then GTFO ASAP and DnD/Howling Blast spiderlings down. I'll probly get beacon'd.

Any words of advice from those that have downed her ? This has been the most difficult fight IMO for our group.

Thanks.

TBH, Hunters are somewhat better for the soaking/aoeing job than DKs simply because they can FD if they get fixated by the drone, and disengage for quicker movement between sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleysia View Post
    TBH, Hunters are somewhat better for the soaking/aoeing job than DKs simply because they can FD if they get fixated by the drone, and disengage for quicker movement between sites.
    Ah, I'll keep that in mind. TBH I am a bit more alert / capable than our hunter IMO. Thanks for that though, I will def keep it in mind and mention it as well.

I like to believe this fight has a huge domino effect, going from Spiderlings->Spinners->Broodlings->Drones->Beth'tilac. You need to make sure the one killing spiderlings is alive, to stop them from reaching the drone and restart any progression. Next, the spinners need to be taunted down immediately (prot warrior on bottom with vigilence on pally up top) to stop them from AoEing the raid/Stunning. After those two are managed, the Broodlings need to be taken care of. You could have the spiderlings kiter do it, but it's pretty hard to manage and what we do is have the person targeted run out of the raid (who's staked up in the middle) and break the broodling there. After that's taken care of, the drones usually are dead. Really, after the nerfs, it's not a huge dps race/Healing fight, but more of a dance you've got to learn.

Properly spec'd MM hunters are far and away the best at killing spiderlings and soaking broodlings.

Their damage output on the spiderlings is as high as any other class, they can move while casting it, and here's the most important part: they can Feign Death Drone fixates. That last bit is the one thing that makes them better than any other class.

Your pull can get really bad if the Drone eats a few spiderlings depending on the quality of your DPS. No other class that has the AoE DPS to handle the lings has anything to combat a bad fixates.

Deleted
    Make your raid stack up like hell in the middle. It´s going to make things so much easier because Broodlings are running on path towards your group. Doing so will buy you a lot of time to spend elsewhere

Havent done it as DPS yet, since I sit out on the fight for loots so far...

But as tank I can tell some tips for tank going up.

Pull boss > wait for spiders> taunt 1 (try take furthrest away)> call out on ventrilo going up (make sure your healer is going up to)>pop CD when you've been up on web for 10-20 secs>Make sure you dont have boss in fire covered area>jump down repeat. Cycle CD every time you go up is nice. Let the other downstairs tank pick up Beth when phase2, your CDs should be ready by then I guess. As feral druid I always had good CDs to cycle when going up.

You have a ton of specs that can deal with spiderlings. A frost DK can handle spiderlings but the hunter would be a better bet. Make sure your hunter can call out if there's a broodling he can't pop so its target can run out to meet it. We had a wipe or two when we were first learning it to puddles getting under the top's drop point and having someone die. Your raiders can also help the hunter out by lining their broodling beam up where the hunter can reasonably get it. We have our druid pocket heal the hunter with holy paladin up top and disc priest on bottom tank. Healing ground becomes a joke if you're fast with spinners. It probably doesn't matter which dps you send up but I'd say the affliction warlock so he can keep some damage rolling on Beth during smoldering devastation. We send our ele shaman and arcane mage up every time.

If you can deal with the broodlings then you will probably have the kill since adds living too long isn't really a concern with the health nerfs.

As a DK, you can help taunt spinners down to minimize the raid damage the ground has to heal. Also, once you learn the drone spawn timers, proximity, etc. you can help your hunter with spiderlings.

hunter soaks, boomkin supports with mushrooms and knockbacks but main focus is spinners and drone. prob leave dk down bottom because he has a taunt for getting all the spinners down a lot quicker. alternatively, if you want to send the dk up, with AMS to reduce healing load up there, you can have prot warrior tanking bottom, with vig on the pally tank, and he will be able to chain taunt down the spinners.

then just have your dps burn down spinners as fast as possible, aoe and cleaves and whatnot. have drone tank try and pull as many as he can over to the drone so theres lots of splash dmg and everything goes down quicker.

but yeah, hunters are really good soakers, they can disengage all over the place for quick movement, traps that root plus aoe on the move, deterrence or raptor strike the broodlings for dmg reduction, feign death if drone fixates on them, etc etc. get him to make an Entrapment and Rapid Killing MM spec. boomkin is good to help out if quick aoe and knock back is needed.

everyone needs to be aware if a bloodling gets past, they need to gtfo and blow him up away from everyone.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Despite most people using a hunter out of habit, a good DK can do the job just fine on the spiderlings, it's not really too difficult to do. A DK will generally be a bit more durable than a hunter will due to their decent amount of survival cooldowns even as a DPS, and you shouldn't have any problems.

Of course, the one major advantage of a hunter is Feign Death on the fixates, but this isn't too difficult to deal with if you do use a DK. You simply have to make sure the tank keeps the Drones at a reasonable distance from whichever cave is spawning the spiderlings, then when you see a fixate warning the DK moves away from the spiderlings. You can then have a backup DPS move in and AOE for a bit while your DK is fixated (a warlock, moonkin or mage works for this) or, alternatively, if you have a prot warrior tanking the drones you can have him/her heroic leap into the spiderlings while the drone is chasing the DK, spread rend to the pack and shockwave, then run back out before fixate is over. That alone buys enough extra time and DPS for the DK to not fall behind.

Another thing you can also consider if you have problems is letting the DK focus entirely on the spiderlings, while using a secondary raid member for soaking the broodlings, which makes things much much easier on your spiderling killer. You may want to have a personal healer follow the DK around while killing the spiderlings and have the healer catch the broodlings. Or, a secondary DPS can stand a little out from the main bunch and catch them instead.

Oh, and lastly, never enter melee range on the very first pack of Spiderlings, they'll eat you alive because they don't have a drone to chase. After the first pack, you're free to melee them for extra damage. When using a DK, we have a second AOE go and help burn the first pack down really quickly while there's no drones up.