Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Moved to games.

Not at all. NPC's have a much better attitude than real people do.

The only thing that I dont like is beating the game, makes me sad its over.

its all the people actually that ruin this game, with anal spam, wanna-be-trolling, rolling need on loot just to piss people who need it off, yelling GOGOGOGOGOGO, the umadbro's, all stupid shit that NPC's dont do.

Now that I think about it, fuck MMOs, they are a cespool.
    Last edited by Dambala; 2011-10-07 at 08:26 PM.

You can feel very much alone in MMO's too. I have found WoW to be the best of both worlds. You can opt out of the MMO bit and solo some quests and older content when it takes your fancy. You can include some interaction with others thru the AH or go full MMO (needed for top level content tho). Although I am very much a loner (lol at age 60), an only child and very much enjoy my own space, I do feel a bit isolated in purely solo games at times....and in a purely solo game you can't just opt in to some MMO content.

Usually get bored of single player pretty quickly, Zelda games are one of the only exceptions. I wouldn't say I feel lonely or isolated, it's just lame when you realize partway through the game that all of this great stuff or power you're getting can't ever be used competitively

10+ Year Old Account
    I definitely fly solo so, any RPG or solo games I like because I don't have to feel like depending on other people to get work done. Really the only fact I like about the MMO part is just talking to people and that's it. I hate the fact that I have to depend on others for raids and dungeons, but that's what their core make-up is about so I deal with it. I really like the way SWTOR is going with their MMORPG and they're emphasizing the RPG more which is cool with me. Sure there are raids and dungeons I'm still cool with that as well.

I have been playing multi-player games for years (WoW, online dueling in JA, CS, TF2, etc) now and I have to say I am now turning more to single player games (or at least single player campaigns in games). When I play with others I want them to be people I know in real life, but even then I often find it a more enjoyable experience to have no one else involved. I think part of the reason is that when I am playing a single player game I become more involved in the story line and that lets me forget about reality better than when I have to hear people spout random garbage which breaks the settings.

I love single player games. I don't really feel alone because most of the time I'm on Skype with my friends, but even if I am by myself I still don't mind it. I guess that's the perk of being an only child.

Deleted
    I almost always play coop games or sometimes online (BFBC2) when playing with a friend...but the rare times I do play SP I am still talking on ventrilo with some friends so I never really have that feeling.

Deleted
    Shortly after I started playing WoW I kinda felt that playing singleplayer games was a bit... Pointless. I mean it's not like you are going towards something useful or anything, in WoW you can share achievements, show off etc.

i do, thats why i buy games only for their multiplayer content
    ggg

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Silentshank View Post
    i do, thats why i buy games only for their multiplayer content
    Don't get me wrong, this is not meant as an insult in any way. But I honestly feel this mentality is killing off the general gaming market. Everyone is making games solely for multiplayer purposes, take F.E.A.R 3 for example, what a pile of nonsense, it was solely made for multiplayer, they completely killed off the story which they had been building up since F.E.A.R 1. I have nothing against multiplayer games, or "multiplayers", I just don't see why everything has to be multiplayer these days.

---------- Post added 2011-10-07 at 08:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    Shortly after I started playing WoW I kinda felt that playing singleplayer games was a bit... Pointless. I mean it's not like you are going towards something useful or anything, in WoW you can share achievements, show off etc.
    How is an epeen useful? :P

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    Too busy feeling and following the story usually to give a damn about others
    This. =3

If the game is good enough, you won't feel alone. Unless it's like...Silent Hill and they want you to feel alone then you yell like a little girl, turn it off, and lie awake in bed for hours.

Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    You have perfectly represent the people that are killing this game.

You dont play for fun or amusement, you play to flex your epeen.

Thanks asshole.

I enjoy single player games. I play them when I want to game, but don't want to deal with other people. Granted, I look at single player games the way I view books. I love them, and it is a way to get some personal time.

I actually enjoy single player games more, for the most part, as the stories tend to be more immersive and it's easier to have a character make lasting changes within the virtual world you're in. You can also experience all aspects of the game without being dependent on someone else. The main downside is replay value because a story can only be told so many times before it gets old, so you need another game to tell a new story.

Also, no asshats to deal with.
    Chronic Sufferer of A.D.H.L.A.S. (Attention Deficit Hey Look A Squirrel)

Deleted
    To be quite honest, I'm not massively fond of company. Monster Hunter is among my favourite games, and I vastly prefer it alone, despite it being one of those games that's supposed to revolve around multiplayer. Single player games, I find, try to smother you in company or isolate you and tell you how terrible it is to be isolated, and unless it's a genuinely epic, immersive, buzzword, buzzword experience it's not even worth playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    To agree with a few people on here, ya I also play the games for story since I think they're awesome. Halo is awesome and sure it changed how multiplayer is played on consoles by pretty much giving birth to xbox live, obviously under Microsoft, but the story behind it is awesome and just as good and big of universe as WoW if not bigger because of how much story it has or lore. Really good game for both single and multiplayer people.

In some games you can play together with another friend in the singleplayer, thats what I love most

I like to play alone, but I do enjoying just BSing with people while I play.

I feel the most sad when I play a game that is SP only but could benefit so much from Multiplayer. I'm looking at you, Torchlight. (yes I know TL2 is coming soon)