Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaxryn View Post
    Cantina music.
    Yes, Cantina music. Hopefully it's like the movies where the band plays the same song over and over and over and over and the patrons don't seem to mind.

I finally get to play an awesome Star Wars game since a good one hasn't come out in like 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    Yes, Cantina music. Hopefully it's like the movies where the band plays the same song over and over and over and over and the patrons don't seem to mind.
    In a video interview a little while ago it was revealed that a whole slew of cantina music was made in the style of the original cantina song for use in cantinas.

Quote Originally Posted by Khathrok View Post
    I'm Surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet.

But the Looting System if the Mob drops a rare or uncommon item, the Loot indicator changes colour to that of the rarity of the item.

may seem like a small thing, but if you are simply grinding mobs, you can loot only the ones with greens and blues if you want.

than again if you want to just pick up everything after an aoe-fest, they have AoE looting aswell

yes it really is a little thing, but it makes me happy ^_^
    AOE looting? since when?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osskssa View Post
    AOE looting? since when?
    2 builds ago, they announced that they added that as well as a couple other things like the color of dead mobs depending on the lot they had, in the game.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    2 builds ago, they announced that they added that as well as a couple other things like the color of dead mobs depending on the lot they had, in the game.
    I definitely know that in Total Biscuit's low level Smuggler play through it's as plain as day, both the color and aoe looting are shown.

http://youtu.be/pxMbI30KKJ0?t=12m51s
    Last edited by Smitzelplix; 2011-10-10 at 11:07 PM.

I know they had the colour looting in, but aoe looting great...bout time

If you want to talk about scale when you're in dromund kaas you feel like you're in an epic city. it is huge running around in but when you fly to the sith section and look around you feel like "damn, look how far, high, and wide this is". it's amazing.

and the sounds in the city are incredible. it feels alive, and immersive. all the npcs and citizens seem to be doing something. all really epic.

as someone mentioned before the idea of different worlds makes different habitats plausible and again immersive.

the sounds, and music are omg.

man i can't wait. it's polish is also very good. of course i'm reporting bugs but it's really polished as compared to other betas i was in.

the pvp is super fast with slow kills, really fun. i find myself going "muhahaha" take that bitch. lol

can't wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Crafting is great. U can go quest/pvp/flashpoints etc and u can send out ur companions to do ur dirtywork!

Keep up with the Firday Updates for all those "little things".

The pacing of the Inquisitor when he does Seethe (like Maul does in the movies). An amazing detail easily forgotten

Some things have already been said - like the AoE looting and the light color showing what type of loot is on the body, the EPIC music, the scale.

The one that gets me, which is a big thing but is so personal - decision making for your toon. She doesn't feel like "my toon" - she has a personality! I literally feel like as I level her, I get to know her. She's snarky and arrogant and egotistical, but she also does what is best for the Empire (ie she tends to get a lot of light side). The immersion is amazing!

The other one is the lore - there is just SO MUCH LORE! And it's everywhere, you get it from quests and from, well everywhere (I don't want to say something that breaks NDA there, so I'll leave it at everywhere =p ).

Fluid Combat.

First MMO to match WoW's fluidity. You have to get your hands on it to understand.

This is a little thing, but also my #1 most important thing.

No MMO has gotten it right, some were close but it always felt slightly off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Forgive me if this is under NDA, but I'm pretty sure it's shown in the Jedi Knight progression video.

You can knock enemies off ledges... and it kills them.

You gain experience too.

From some of the more recent videos I've seen there is one little thing that really needs to make it in the game. If it's not already been added recently and I hope someone might be able to mention it and it not be against the NDA.

Some sort of water interaction.

Last video I saw had no water movement at all when there was a player or targets running or jumping in the water.

It looked more like a bowl of jello (or creek of jello)

Thats got to be in before launch as it didn't look good at all when seeing a toon run through water and nothing happen.

Thats a little thing that has to be there even if swimming is not there.

This isnt what should be in swotr thread but what ''little things'' youve noticed that stand out that other people may of missed

10+ Year Old Account
    Sound effects!

<snip> NDA stuff
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-10-11 at 05:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been reading some of these posts (haven't made it all the way yet) and so far, it's driving me crazy that I can't play this yet lol.

One question though: Does this game use collision detection at all? I haven't really seen any vids where this could be shown or not, so I'm kinda curious.

I really enjoying stopping and looking around. The textures, backgrounds and playable areas are really pretty.

---------- Post added 2011-10-11 at 12:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LunarionSilver View Post
    Forgive me if this is under NDA, but I'm pretty sure it's shown in the Jedi Knight progression video.

You can knock enemies off ledges... and it kills them.

You gain experience too.

<Snip> NDA and all.

Sorry, I didn't realize.
    Last edited by luccadeo; 2011-10-11 at 08:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really sure what's so against the NDA about the stuff I said, nothing I said was really specific :/