Quick Boomkin Question

2peice NORMAL Tier vs 1p n Heroic Shannox Shold which is a bigger dps increase?

Go for tier imo.

I am a menace to my own destiny.

Your going to have to give a little more information then that...General speaking if you want to see a DPS increase i recommend heading over to a target dummy (raid) and do some testing. May take a bit longer but its better then someone posting false information, you can personally test it and make sure that its valid. Goodluck!

I'd think you should wait for another piece, I haven't simmed but if u don't JUST get over a hastecap I doubt that the increased haste and int from 378 over 359 will break the 5% crit with your dots.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JonBeMerkin View Post
    Your going to have to give a little more information then that...General speaking if you want to see a DPS increase i recommend heading over to a target dummy (raid) and do some testing. May take a bit longer but its better then someone posting false information, you can personally test it and make sure that its valid. Goodluck!
    You can't test things like that on a dummy because scaling is very different from that of a raid setting.

Quote Originally Posted by foibooze View Post
    I'd think you should wait for another piece, I haven't simmed but if u don't JUST get over a hastecap I doubt that the increased haste and int from 378 over 359 will break the 5% crit with your dots.
    Im talking about 2 Peice Tier 12 vs Droping 2 peice and getting heroic Shannox shold cant find out which one is a net gain

Wrathcalcs will answer all of these questions about which piece is better. Its not perfect, but suffice it to say that if the dps increase between two different sets is less than 200, then statistically its irrelevant so choose which ever one you like then. And it will only be worth dropping 2 piece if the shoulders are the haste/mastery ones, and in this instance they are BiS, seeing as the tier shoulder have crit (puke).

If I uderstand right you have t12 shoulders + some other t12 piece, in that case you should get 2 more for valor points and go for the 4p bonus. The bonus from 2p t12 is realy bad, and it gets even worst on fights where you solar cleve a lot like L. Rih. or Behtilac because you almost dont cast wrath and/or starfire.

Id go for 391 shoulders until you get 4p bonus.
    Former BOOMkin bad ass...

Use Simcraft or a spreadsheet like Wrathcalcs to figure out which is the greater DPS increase.