Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    Deleted

Things that worry you about TOR

for me, there's 3 things that could possibly make me cancel my preorder:

1) if TOR would require an origin account in any way to play the game;
    2) if they for some reason decide that they want world PvP to be an integral part of the game and don't add PvE servers;
    3) if a personal emergency happens that would make me unable to properly enjoy the game.

what could make you cancel your preorder?
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-10-09 at 04:33 PM.

Nothing. I'm playing this game when it releases.

5 years ago I was in wow and I said these words - "The only way I would ever leave wow was if they made a game like wow but it was star wars".

Even though I left wow 6 months ago and it wasn't for swtor, the game is still coming and I wants it. Nothing will make me cancel my preorder. Now, renewing my subscription? Only time will tell on that one.

1) if TOR would require an origin account in any way to play the game
    You have to have one to DL early access

But on topic is they remove 8 or 16 player raids
    (█████████████████████ΞΞ██ΞΞΞ██ΞΞ█████████████████████)
    Ghost -- Jedi Consular -- Shadow -- Infiltration 8/31/2
    {Scheduled Raids | Organized PVP | Community Oriented | Helpful to one another | Team Speak provided | Website}
    Why wait Join today! still recruting!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hard times. I shelled out for the CE so I could definitely use the extra 150$ but we're flying on miracles so release or bust now, its too close to release for me to care about if I got into beta.

Displaying your actual name in game/forums. i nearly quit wow the day that was released. Being a female gamer is hard...being one who can easily have a phone number looked up is even more annoying.

Deleted
    wait, you need an origins account to download the early access, even if you bought it in the store?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    wait, you need an origins account to download the early access, even if you bought it in the store?
    Yes, early access can only be accessed through Origin.

Only if they lifted the NDA and many beta testers were not happy with how the game was looking or going, and I don't just mean the moaners/whiners because it's a SW mmo.

Quote Originally Posted by thenextaverageguy View Post
    Hard times. I shelled out for the CE so I could definitely use the extra 150$ but we're flying on miracles so release or bust now, its too close to release for me to care about if I got into beta.
    Blasphemy! Beta means you have been chosen by the force to undertake a holy quest. To not want it you...you...you...are a nerf herder.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    Because the early access is through the only digital distribution service that TOR can be bought with: Origin. It isn't required to always download it all the time through Origin though.

Deleted
    you know what? i'm going to be an ass to EA. legally, companies that provide IT programs and/or services are required to send you a disk with patches or software on it that you legally bought if you ask for it. at least, that's the case in Belgium.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. You do NOT need Origin. Not for early release. Not for buying the game. Not for downloading the game. Not for playing the game. Don't spread false info.

Origin is ONLY used if you want to purchase the game via digital download. And that's all it is. A purchase. ALL downloads are done via the swtor site. Origin is a retailer, not where the client is.

It doesn't matter if you bought the game from Origin or a store, you will still download from the swtor site for early access.

This has been said a number of times.
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-10-08 at 04:43 PM.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

At the moment I've got a ton of time off in December, so I pre-ordered SWTOR to keep me busy with its masses of story. If Guild Wars 2 releases just before SWTOR (veeeery unlikely) I'd cancel my preorder and probably only pick it up again if it went down in price, and then play it as a side game when I want a bit of a change.

10+ Year Old Account
    And on topic, (since only extremely strange hypotheticals can be a real answer to this question), the only thing that would make me cancel would be if they merged with Blizzard/Activision and let them help on the design of the game.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    And on topic, (since only extremely strange hypotheticals can be a real answer to this question), the only thing that would make me cancel would be if they merged with Blizzard/Activision and let them help on the design of the game.
    C'mon, don't you want a Gnome Bounty Hunter?

probably nothing. even if I get it and just play through the leveling of each class for the bioware story, I'd be happy. even if the multiplayer part isn't that great. I can deal with it.

now if they decided to make the same mistakes as WoW I could cancel later...
    no cross server anything
    no flying mounts
    nothing resembling a gnome
    no paid server transferring

among other things

10+ Year Old Account
    If they for some reason decided they didn't want to provide any support for RP servers. Oh wait...

Deleted
    If they dumb the game down further.

According to a very recent DE interview they went from ALL items ingame will be moddable to now only be 'a few'. For over a year i'd heard BW mention the following line over and over...'if you want to keep your lvl 1 armor because it looks cool...then you still can use it at level 50 due to updating it with mods'.

Apparently not anymore. Seems that the modding system has been nerfed to suit all window lickers. Gone is the choice. Now TOR will indeed have 50,000 sets of armor but only a few will be moddable so only a few will be desired...the rest will be deco...oh wait, there's no player housing so deco exists not in TOR...waste of 49,000 sets of armor creatin' by the art department imo.

Why the change? Because some testers thought the modding system to be too difficult? Laughable.

TOR is a game anyone able to read can play. However if they continue to water it down I won't be playing. Not sure i want to play a Pac Man MMO.

P.S. Still waiting on clarification about Daniel Erikson's remarks about mods ingame and if he was misquoted. I'm hoping the 'atm only a few items have slots for mods' line was in error.

P.P.S. Not against NDA as this was an interview published this week in europe. Testers may indeed not be seeing this change but as mentioned before, testers are NOT currently using the uptodate build.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    If they dumb the game down further.

According to a very recent DE interview they went from ALL items ingame will be moddable to now only be 'a few'. For over a year i'd heard BW mention the following line over and over...'if you want to keep your lvl 1 armor because it looks cool...then you still can use it at level 50 due to updating it with mods'.

Apparently not anymore. Seems that the modding system has been nerfed to suit all window lickers. Gone is the choice. Now TOR will indeed have 50,000 sets of armor but only a few will be moddable so only a few will be desired...the rest will be deco...oh wait, there's no player housing so deco exists not in TOR...waste of 49,000 sets of armor creatin' by the art department imo.

Why the change? Because some testers thought the modding system to be too difficult? Laughable.

TOR is a game anyone able to read can play. However if they continue to water it down I won't be playing. Not sure i want to play a Pac Man MMO.

P.S. Still waiting on clarification about Daniel Erikson's remarks about mods ingame and if he was misquoted. I'm hoping the 'atm only a few items have slots for mods' line was in error.

P.P.S. Not against NDA as this was an interview published this week in europe. Testers may indeed not be seeing this change but as mentioned before, testers are NOT currently using the uptodate build.
    from what I understood level 1 items always had less mod slots than lvl 20 items. you could keep certain items for a while but eventually you'd want something with more slots. I'm not sure if it has changed or not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mystik View Post
    from what I understood level 1 items always had less mod slots than lvl 20 items. you could keep certain items for a while but eventually you'd want something with more slots. I'm not sure if it has changed or not.
    True mate but whereas Georg Z stated 'all items have modded slots' a while back, DE now states 'most items DON'T have any'. It's a huge shift. Before, your cool looking level 21 armor could be used at lvl 50 (endgame) due to having slots to upgrade the suit. Now only a few pieces can be moddable.

I'm hoping that DE was misquoted as I planned on being a fulltime crafter in TOR but if only a few weps/armor can be modded then the majority of players will all want the same 'few' crafted items...ya know, the few items which can be modded.

As a crafter I'll still have some work to do but overall it's been dumbed down significantly overnight.

P.S. Again, need confirmation from DE but his interview was quite clear.