Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Where are you getting that from Jamos? They were just talking about it at Eurogamer, and I didn't hear any ofthose changes you listed.

Also, it's always been said that higher level gear have more mod spots. So while you could use a lvl 10 piece at level 50, it won't be as powerful as a piece you get at lvl 50 due to having less mod slots.

I'll bet my collector's edition that he was misquoted. No way in hell are they changing it to only a few sets after going into so much depth about it at PAX and Eurogamer.
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-10-08 at 06:12 PM.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

<snip>

Sorry, that was all against the NDA
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-10-08 at 06:19 PM.

I'd cancel only if they did a complete 180 and turned the payment system into a nightmarish F2P/micro-transaction game

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Where are you getting that from Jamos? They were just talking about it at Eurogamer, and I didn't hear any ofthose changes you listed.

Also, it's always been said that higher level gear have more mod spots. So while you could use a lvl 10 piece at level 50, it won't be as powerful as a piece you get at lvl 50 due to having less mod slots.

I'll bet my collector's edition that he was misquoted. No way in hell are they changing it to only a few sets after going into so much depth about it at PAX and Eurogamer.
    I hope you're right. It makes no sense to have this change so close to launch. Well it makes no sense to have this change at all imo

DE quoted in this interview from 29th sep 2011. Interview in french but my french is fluent enough to understand the meaning of 'la plupart des objets n’est pas modifiable'. Literally translated (using my 7yrs of french in school) is 'the majority of items cannot be modified'. This was during a question about crafted items, looted items and the modification of items.

Source: http://www.jeuxvideo.com/news/2011/0...-questions.htm

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks. I'll look more into it later. I haven't seen the huge uproar that usually would come with things like that.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

maybe if the push the release back another half year i'll considering cancelling
    "No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lvtwo/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Kenjji View Post
    maybe if the push the release back another half year i'll considering cancelling
    The amount of rage would fill 50 sith empires.

as long as they don't go micro transaction crazy, kinda like how wow started doing, even if it is just pets/ mounts. I have no problem making limited edition stuff when you buy an expansion, but charging 10 bucks for a pet sucks, when you are a collector and expect your $15 a month to give you access to everything, and not withhold anything that look looks really cool and charging for the eye candy.

I doubt there is anything that could bring me to cancel my CE pre-order. Unless they were to announce micro transactions as a vital and un-disregardable part of the game. I really don't like them. Monthly payments are cool, I know exactly how much money I spend on my game, but MTs are dangerous...

It would take something epically bad for me to cancel. Something like changing the game from Star Wars: The Old Republic to Star Wars: Hello Kitty Space Adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by Shardik View Post
    as long as they don't go micro transaction crazy, kinda like how wow started doing, even if it is just pets/ mounts. I have no problem making limited edition stuff when you buy an expansion, but charging 10 bucks for a pet sucks, when you are a collector and expect your $15 a month to give you access to everything, and not withhold anything that look looks really cool and charging for the eye candy.
    I do not think that WoW is MT heavy at all. When you're ingame, you have 0 adverts or ingame vendors that try to get you to shell out money for stuff. I tried out lotro once, and the first thing they promoted was their store. So I ignored the store and started questing, when suddenly I got to a questgiver who told me I had to buy a quest chain. Totally shocked I exited the game and promptly uninstalled.

WoW does have a bunch of mini pets and mounts that you can buy, but if you don't explicitly go to the official website, you won't have it shoved into your face. Also, there are like 100 mini pets that are easily obtainable in WoW, many of them just as cool as the purchasable ones, so I do not think that you have any right to QQ about Blizzard making a few purchasable ones...

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    for me, there's 3 things that could possibly make me cancel my preorder:

1) if TOR would require an origin account in any way to play the game;
    2) if they for some reason decide that they want world PvP to be an integral part of the game and don't add PvE servers;
    3) if a personal emergency happens that would make me unable to properly enjoy the game.

what could make you cancel your preorder?
    They already said it won't require an Origin account.

They aren't going to force you to PvP.

Number three is universal. That's like saying, "I might stop breathing if air ceased to exist."

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    At this point, it's Star Wars. Unless Bioware execs personally came to my house and kicked my dog, I would not cancel my preorder.

On a serious note, there's very little that would make me cancel. But I agree that if they removed PvE and made it simply a group-up, gankfest PvP game, I would be out of there.

wait, you need an origins account to download the early access, even if you bought it in the store?
    How else do you plan to get into early access except to download it? How do you download it? Origin is the only place. Gotta follow the logic to knowledge brother.

Short of a financial emergency, no. I gave up listening to naysayers on the interwebs a long time ago. If I'm interested in a game I'm gonna try it out.

Subbing past the first month? Definitely possible that won't happen. I won't get burned again with a 6 month sub sight unseen.

10+ Year Old Account
    If too many Micro transactions were added.

If they sharply limited the role of Endgame raiding. (I love the massive amounts of other stuff, and I plan to explore to my nerdy hearts content, I just want to raid aswell.)

If they shot customization of armor/story/companions in the face.

If BW at any point comes out and says/does anything to make me believe the are severly willing to compromise story in favor of gameplay like WoW has done. From what I have seen BW will be able to balance them perfectly, or nearly so.
    "I'll tell you something, my Tenchi, you know the carnival comes and goes. But if you wait for a while, it'll always come back to you, Tenchi."~Ryoko TENCHIxRYOKO FTW!

"The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the Force.
    The Force is the blade of the heart. All are intertwined. The crystal, the blade, the Jedi. You are one.

Deleted
    wait: some of you are saying you will need Origin for the early access, others say you'll be able to download it from the TOR site. which one is it now?

wait: some of you are saying you will need Origin for the early access, others say you'll be able to download it from the TOR site. which one is it now?
    You don't need Origin to download it at all, even if that's where you bought it. Here's a quote from Steven Reid and while it's about digital copies, it would be silly for it not to apply to early access too.

While you will complete your digital purchase of Star Wars: The Old Republic via Origin, you will download, install and patch the game digitally via our own launcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob from Accounting View Post
    You can have the game 2 ways:
    1. pre-order with a digital download from Origin. Requires an Origin account to be able to play.
    2. pre-order from Amazon etc. Doesn't require Origin account.

Upon pre-release, both types of customers will download the game before the official release in store. The 1st will download the game client from Origin, while the 2nd will download it from the Swtor website and will have until dec 31 to input the code that comes with the pysical box when they get it, in order to keep playing past that date.
    I am curious where you are getting your information about downloading it from the SWTOR website? Can you source that? Why would they set it up to be downloaded from two different places? That makes no sense.

edit: Someone already posted the response above. But do you download the launcher from SWTOR.com? Doesn't say. What do people have against Origin again? lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I was always told I would need to DL it through Origins for the early access. But after reading some posts on swtor.com, I'm not so sure.