Thread: Cooking proc

Cooking proc

It's probably been suggested before, however, I'd still love to see a possibility for cooking to be able to proc with especially great food (e.g. +10 more of a stat)

/Boops

Deleted
    Hmm.. perfect spice balance?

10+ Year Old Account
    That would cause an imbalance if you had food that was the best being only from a proc.

I do however think we should get a new cooking hat or apron that has a chance to proc 2-3-4-5-10x extra food when cooking. Would make it less tedious to farm fish for feasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

Boops, are you ready to murder hundreds of mobs or fish all day long before each raid, if you will ever plan to raid, to meet new consumeables' requirements? Or maybe paying 1k-2k gold before each raid for such food from AH sounds better for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    Boops, are you ready to murder hundreds of mobs or fish all day long before each raid, if you will ever plan to raid, to meet new consumeables' requirements?
    Don't think there's RL that stupid to make it a requirement. If you have it and want to spend your time doing it, then do, if not - who cares. And don't start all this min/maxing crap, why min/max your foodbuffs before minmaxing your skill and hands? And if you already done that - why aren't you in Paragon?

On topic - would be interesting, some element of surprise, not much left of it in game now (with all this datamining, guides and so).
    Life is short Glory is eternal

Quote Originally Posted by jaelrin View Post
    Don't think there's RL that stupid to make it a requirement. If you have it and want to spend your time doing it, then do, if not - who cares. And don't start all this min/maxing crap, why min/max your foodbuffs before minmaxing your skill and hands? And if you already done that - why aren't you in Paragon?
    Following your logic - why bother min-max everything if you are not in Paragon? Do you think it is also stupid to require people use flasks which sometimes cost 200 gold from AH, to use 1k+ gold worth enchants? Why bother?

As an officer in my guild, I would make it a requirement. And do you know what? We use gold from guild bank to pay for people consumeables. Do you know where this gold comes from? Right, from AH games, hey maybe if you can buy heavenly shard for 100 gold, let us make you pay 500 gold for it, so our raiders wouldn't have to farm 24/7 to be ready for raids?

Element of surprise =/= RNG, we have too much of RNG in this expansion already. But on what i agree with you, real element of surprise is truely lost :/

Making cooking proc a elite version of the food, really would throw the game off way to much i think. But, i really could see the chefshat from wrath being patched to make it proc extra food from time to time... much like the alchemy-proccing.