A few questions about disc pvp

Hey guys,

My friend recently started gearing his priest up for disc pvp. Since he's completely new to priest pvp, he doesn't know too much about the class yet, so I had a few questions.

The first is, does he need 4% spell hit and/or be spell pen capped? I know he'll be using spells like Psychic Scream and Mana Burn, but is it worth capping those two stats at the cost of spirit/mastery? I've been looking for a while but can't find a definitive answer.

We plan to do 2s as frost mage/disc priest. What would be some good strategies for that comp? Which comps counter us and how can we beat them?

Thanks for your time and help

Hey Napalm,

In terms of gearing out your friends priest. You absolutely want 4% hit and spell pen cap. Missing a CC/Dispel sucks, and costs you mana that you will most likely need. Mastery, which boosts the priests absorbs, is a weak stat in PvP (mainly because of dispels). You're much better off stacking spirit + haste or crit (depending on what you prefer).

On the plus side, Frost Mage/Disc Priest is a very strong comp. As a Frost Mage you should be able to keep your priest peeled. From what I've seen, aggressive Disc + Frost is pretty solid. Push damage hard + chain CCs and hope for a kill. If you don't get the kill and your mana is low, keep the other team off your priest so he can drink. Rinse/Repeat. (Obviously, there's far more to it than that...but PvP healing/DPSing is something you just learn over time, playing with the same people).

Counter-comps... Off hand, I can't really think of anything too terrible. Feral/Priest and Rogue/Mage might be rough. Also Lock/Healer will just be a long drawn out match most likely. Personally, I dispel like mad against Locks. If my DPS can't seem to set up a kill, I will mana burn the warlock, forcing lifetaps, which in turn forces the other healer to spend mana. You two will have to find out what works best for you.

I certainly hope that makes sense...I am extremely tired, and am likely no longer coherent. If you have any more questions, feel free to PM me.

Vil