Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

System demands for GW2

This kinda worries me a bit. Do I have to get another hamster to propell my pc?
    Should I start saving now for a interior makeover?
    X:"Echo?"
    Echo: "What?
    Echo: "What?!"
    X: "Nothing"

Well first we'd need to know what your pc has.

However i believe it's been stated that computers capable of running Guild Wars 1 on high/max will be able to play GW2 on low/medium (I can't remember exactly, just know that it'll be playable) so if you can do that, you'll be fine (as long as lower settings are acceptable to you). MMO's can't really afford to be the top of the graphical line like say...The Witcher 2 or Crysis because they've got to be built to have the largest possible market they can, and generally games will sell better if the technical barrier isn't too high (well...except maybe for crysis because it's main claim to fame was graphics).

Deleted
    Noone except the devs really know the system requirements yet. So I'd wait until they release some more info about it.

Should I really embarrass myself to reveal that? Given the hamster reference you should by know know how incredible bad it is
    But hey, what do I got to lose..

CPU:Intel Pentium 4 631
    RAM:4,00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC. P5Q (LGA 775)
    Graphics: ASUS EAH3850X2 Series 512MB

As you can see the CPU is utter shaite, and I can get a better one which will improve the comp a great deal. But is it enough to play on Medium? Dont want to be stuck at low :/

Is that an onboard graphics card? because if it is, the CPU isn't your biggest worry. and no you probably should assume you can't play GW2 unless we get some actual requirements. Even if you could play it, i don't see you going above low settings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well. To be honest, I'm sure Guild Wars 2 will cater to the lower end computers as they did in Guild Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerabret View Post
    Is that an onboard graphics card? because if it is, the CPU isn't your biggest worry. and no you probably should assume you can't play GW2 unless we get some actual requirements. Even if you could play it, i don't see you going above low settings.
    Sorry, my bad. A bit of phail copy paste there.

http://www.neoseeker.com/Articles/Ha.../asushd3850x2/

My graphic card.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Armida View Post

My graphic card.
    Tbh, I kind of feel your GFX card is the best part of your PC, and even that is outdated

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you think about mine ?

CPU: Pentium (R) Dual - Core E5300 @ 2,60 GHz
    RAM: 2gb (soon to be 4gb)
    Graphics: ATI RADEON HD 4550 1274mb
    I have no clue about my motherboard. :/

Quote Originally Posted by GayGirlie View Post
    Tbh, I kind of feel your GFX card is the best part of your PC, and even that is outdated
    Ah crap Better start saving then!

Deleted
    i dont no if u guys no this but i was watch an interview with the lead system designer, and he was questioned about this very issue. hes reply was something like. " we make a point to use entry level machines on the shows floors". so i could only suggest that these are rigs with £300-£450 or (max $600) of gear in it. so if u want AMAZING graphic you'll need a beast of a machine. otherwise ur safe with a low need rig. but don't think you'll get ULTRA!!!!!! graphics. you'll most likely get medium to high.

Anyone know if there's any word of it being Mac compatible or will I have to boot up windows?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelzúl View Post
    Anyone know if there's any word of it being Mac compatible or will I have to boot up windows?
    i ready dont think arenanet would leave out all whole area of gamers. youll prob have a mac version ready to go on release. u might have to download it of the net as it might not have a boxed version.

Deleted
    No, you'll have to bootcamp Windows, Mac is a waste of money developing for.

Estimated minimun specs are:
    CPU: ~1.6GHz core 2 duo/ 2.0GHz Athlon II X2
    GPU: intel hd graphics (like those packaged with the i3)/hd4250/nvidia equivalent
    RAM: ~1.5-2GB

They've said that Mac compatability is possible in the future, but it's not their priority, so it definately won't be there at launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Armida View Post

My graphic card.
    oh yeah, the missing D threw me off.

yeah it's an older card, but i imagine it'll do just fine. I think anything above an onboard will manage just fine, if not amazingly.

In light of sorting out the gpu, i'd say your processor is definitely the weakest link. Even cheap pre-builts have dual cores these days. hmmm...I still think you should assume not, but waiting till we get some more concrete specs might payoff, who knows? you might just squeak by.

I honestly think the Pentium 4's are a bit too old for Guild Wars 2, but who knows... there's no official system requirements yet.

I believe all Pentium 4's are single cores. (Right?)

I bet they'll require atleast a dual core system.

I must warn you, if you have no knowledge in CPU's or computers in general; it is not as simple as buying a new processor and placing it in. You need to know the socket type and what sockets your motherboard supports. Since you have a Pentium 4, I'm pretty sure your motherboard doesn't use any jumpers and sets everything else automatically.
    Last edited by Deyadissa; 2011-10-10 at 08:28 AM.
    The most important thing to realize is, no matter what you experience you are never alone; no matter what you are struggling through, there is always someone who is more unfortunate.

It's Ok to Be Takei (Rank 35/ Fractal Level 22)

Quote Originally Posted by Cerabret View Post
    Well first we'd need to know what your pc has.

However i believe it's been stated that computers capable of running Guild Wars 1 on high/max will be able to play GW2 on low/medium (I can't remember exactly, just know that it'll be playable) so if you can do that, you'll be fine (as long as lower settings are acceptable to you). MMO's can't really afford to be the top of the graphical line like say...The Witcher 2 or Crysis because they've got to be built to have the largest possible market they can, and generally games will sell better if the technical barrier isn't too high (well...except maybe for crysis because it's main claim to fame was graphics).
    this comp played GW1 between medium and high at around 20 FPS in towns 30 outta towns.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimusmc View Post
    this comp played GW1 between medium and high at around 20 FPS in towns 30 outta towns.
    You won't be able to play Guild Wars 2 with that low framerate honestly.

People should be getting at least 60 even in condensed areas in Guild Wars in max settings.
    The most important thing to realize is, no matter what you experience you are never alone; no matter what you are struggling through, there is always someone who is more unfortunate.

It's Ok to Be Takei (Rank 35/ Fractal Level 22)

heh they better hope it can run on on-board GFX.. thats what the majority has

since GW1 played fine on on-board GFX.

they'd be losing quite a bit of money