10+ Year Old Account

Question Cybertech: The Droid Crafting Skill?

So, this post is going to be based entirely on two things. The first being; the common sense of a skill like "Cybertech", to have some sort of affect one one's driod companions and the second being this little chart from SWTOR Leveling Guide: http://www.starwarsmmolevelingguide....rew-Skills.jpg. Now, Cybertech had struck me as something which would perhaps benefit the droids used by the Trooper/Bounty Hunter/Imperial Agent/Smuggler, via the abilities they use. But I have seen some talk of how people would for sure go Cybertech on their Trooper to take advantage of the Troopers droid companion.

So, my question is: What droids Cybertech will focus on buffing/changing. if any at all?
    Last edited by Zoronx Moonclaw; 2011-10-09 at 03:28 PM.

I think it will be for the companion character droids since we know they are completely gear-able and I don't see them wearing normal people gear. I don't think it will buff skills characters use that have droids in their animation. Simply because we have not heard anything about crew skills making items that affect our skills. The picture does group it with biochem and claim they are both enhancements, but that is a guess by them, there has been no official info suggesting cybertech affects skills. Maybe it will have toys like engineering from wow, but I don't see it being like inscription from wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    So it would be fair to assume that Cybertech will affect companions rather than skills/probes, thank you very much.

This skill specializes in Droid upgrades, but can also craft earpieces. They also make modifications for certain items: Harnesses, Overlays, Underlays, Circuitry, Gadgets and Generators; grenade and droid armor craftable items. Also tech wrists and boots. Earpieces are external mini-computers that are worn on or near the ear. They enhance combat prowess by giving audio and visual feedback to the wearer or through direct neural feedback via an external nerve relay. Cybertechs can reverse engineer their crafted droid, feet and wrist armor, earpieces, electro weapons, and generators, and possibly discover new ways to improve their creation. The gathering skills Scavenging and Slicing provide crafting resources for Cybertech.

Recommended for: Smuggler, Trooper, Imperial Agent, Bounty Hunter