Thread: [TV] Misfits

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I rather liked that episode , although tbh I'd like Hollyoaks if it had the four horseman portraying as hoodie wearing stunt bikers with Katanas!

Yeah that was great, Finn has REALLY grown on my over the series as has Rudy, who I now fucking love, seriously, all the best hits of this series have been in some way related to him. Aye I was also pretty pissed that they did, but then didn't kill off Alex (FYI, that was him at the end, it was them starting the Lung Transplant, which TOTALLY wont end in him getting a power honest! Although it WOULD be quite cool if it turned out that the hospital was in fact the CAUSE of all the powers, and it was the huge hailstones *which contained some kind of medical crap* that caused the powers, NOT the storm) but they DID kill off the wierdly cute nun, I was really looking forward to nice Rudy next season. We've seen "jokey slag" Rudy, we've seen "scary as fuck psychopath" rudy (WHAT an episode that was), now I was looking forward to "got to be nice, my GF is a nun" Rudy, would have been a change .

Overall an excellent episode, and an outstanding season (first episode aside )can't WAIT for the next season! Gaah, I'm running out of stuff to watch, Masterchef: The profesionals is finished, Homeland finishes next week, Just the Him and Her Christmas Special then that's over... GAH!

Bring on the new years lineup!
    Last edited by Gallahadd; 2012-12-17 at 02:03 AM.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

15+ Year Old Account
    Ahh i couldn't really tell it was him haha. And yeah Finn is amazing, so many good parts with him this season.

The whole storm thing is still kinda weird, it's never really been touched on, maybe next season.

And yeah most shows ending Oh well, Doctor Who soon...wooooo!

Deleted
    Again, I thought it was an interesting idea that they half-assed, and again, they've introduced a somewhat intriguing character only to kill her off a few episodes later. How many people are buried in those fucking woods now? It's lazy storytelling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    Ahh i couldn't really tell it was him haha. And yeah Finn is amazing, so many good parts with him this season.

The whole storm thing is still kinda weird, it's never really been touched on, maybe next season.

And yeah most shows ending Oh well, Doctor Who soon...wooooo!
    It's hard to tell who most people are when you only see them from a weird angle like that

Yeah it does kinda bug me that we've had 4 seasons now and while everyone seems to know about the storm now, NO ONE seems to give a fuck... How has no one thought to look into how a storm has given everyone special powers..

Also... special shout out to the probation worker! I didn't think anyone could be as good as lazy sarcastic probation worker, but new scary intense probation worker is fucking brilliant, probably my favourite scene this season was him singing "power of love"

tbh after last season I'm not that excited about the new Dr Who, unless they've got some new writers in this season will be just as disappointing as the last

Season 3 of Game of Thrones however, will be fucking LEGENDARY

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the probation worker is pretty awesome, especially the singing part that was amazing haha. If i had one bad thing to say about the final ep it's that the 'horsemen' didn't turn up till near thee end, besides that i enjoyed it a lot.

Yeah the latest Doctor Who wasn't that great, but i'm not going to judge the next season till i see it just yet.

Game of Thrones is going to be fucking awesome yeah, really can't wait for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I actually had the exact same gripe they were a huge advertising point, for the season as a whole, yet they turned up in the last ten minutes, failed to kill ANYONE except the chick that let them and then faded away, although the fade away graphic looked pretty boss .

I was kinda hoping the episode would END with them spawning, then the Christmas special would be a whole episode of the Misfits fighting them.

True, I guess I shouldn't judge the whole season, we've only seen 1/2 of it yet, but the second have will have to be fucking spectacular to balance out a pretty frakkin myeh first 1/2

and GoT is going to be SO freaking good, can't wait to see lil time travelling geeky simon as Ramsey Bolton gunna be so intense!

The probation worker is just awesome. I don't really think he's a dick or anything like that. I just think he gets a kick out of fucking with them the way he does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    The probation worker is just awesome. I don't really think he's a dick or anything like that. I just think he gets a kick out of fucking with them the way he does.
    ^
    This probation worker literally makes the show, as does Rudy.
    I loved the 3rd probation worker, and was sad when he got stabbed by the body-swapping girl.
    But this guy is just awesome.
    Last weeks episode with his Karaoke was awesome.
    Jess, Ally, Alex and Finn are all not good characters, nonono.

Rudy and the Probation worker are good, but the rest, ugh.
    Keen for S5 though, because I always liked Misfits even though they screw stuff up, in my opinion.

*fingers crossed* that the US decides to brutally destroy the series, like they did the Inbetweeners, Life on Mars, and many other series.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

15+ Year Old Account
    Finn is awesome i'll have you know!

I think all the characters can have their moments, Rudi and the probation worker just have more of them. Like in the last episode with Alex staring at his naked body in the mirror and the stance he had, I had to laugh at that.

I feel like there's something huge that we don't know about the probation worker. I just get this feeling that he has some kind of secret that they'll reveal to us eventually.

Just like Alex had his secret, it was what kept me interested in him. I had to know what his deal was, and now he's getting a new power (probably lol), so I'm once again interested in Alex.

The only character I think is kinda meh is Jess. She's just not very special, not very interesting, not funny, and the love triangle is kind of old.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think all the characters can have their moments, Rudi and the probation worker just have more of them. Like in the last episode with Alex staring at his naked body in the mirror and the stance he had, I had to laugh at that.

I feel like there's something huge that we don't know about the probation worker. I just get this feeling that he has some kind of secret that they'll reveal to us eventually.

Just like Alex had his secret, it was what kept me interested in him. I had to know what his deal was, and now he's getting a new power (probably lol), so I'm once again interested in Alex.

The only character I think is kinda meh is Jess. She's just not very special, not very interesting, not funny, and the love triangle is kind of old.
    Nah tbh I think they should have killed off Alex, he's generally annoying and I've only found him interesting/funny as a topic of other peoples *usually rudy* mockery.

I have to agree about the probation worker, there is definitly something up with him, whether it's anything that will/should come up in the show I don't know, but it's very much there

I think we can ALL agree him singing Power of Love was the funniest thing in the series and pretty high in the funniest EVER misfits moments (I think only Nathan's "Doing the Triple" beats it, when he said that I had to pause for like 15mins so I could stop laughing).

Jess is kinda myeh I have to agree, tbh I want Alex and Jess to fuck off, then Kelly and Seth to come back to the show, but as Lauren Socha is currently incarcerated, I doubt that'll happen .

also... Am I the only one that would find it EPICCLY funny if they have Alex Curtis' old gender swap power? So after spending most of the season trying to get his wang back his power is getting rid of it

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow could totally happen too xD, now that would be awesome. I swear though if Jess get's back with him i'll be pissed off..cliche love stories in shows piss me off to no end.

As for the probation worker theres defo something up, what ever it is i hope it's awesome.

Started watching this show recently, and freaking damn! Why did Nathan have to go!? He was the most important character in this show, imo. Without him the show feels so shallow. And the worst part was that it wasn't any good explanations. Just "He went to Vegas" for a couple years!? And without Nathan to push him down Simon is getting too normal, it's weird as hell.
    God, I miss Nathan! :'(
    “The north still reeks of undeath. Our homelands lay in ruin. Pandaria oozes our hatred and doubt. What hope is there for this world when the Burning Legion again lands upon our shores?” - Eric Thibeau

Rudy is ALMOST as good as Nathan, IMO.

Also, be sure to find the webisode of Nathan IN vegas...its short, but awesome.

New season started today. I thought it was a pretty good episode, one of the best lately.

15+ Year Old Account
    New season started today. I thought it was a pretty good episode, one of the best lately.
    It's the only episodee lately! and will watch tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    It's the only episodee lately! and will watch tomorrow
    I mean like the last season or so, with the new characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    haha Misfits is BBAACCKKK

Great episode, a LITTLE predictable, but still great great fun.

Rudy is fucking brilliant, I know it's almost sacrilidge, but I'm starting to prefer him to Nathan.

Only in Misfits could you get someone with the power to fuck away other peoples powers and NOT have it be the strangest thing in the episode :P

Can't WAIT for next week.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just watched it, was awesome! Can't wait to see what happens next.

Not really into the love story between barman and jess though, clearly going to end up with jess and finn (basically another cliche plot device).

hmmm. i liked misfits until season 3 episode 5, where murder is so senselesss. No regard for life, it's like the show is written by a bunch of 16-19 year olds who have no understanding or appreciation for life.

now the probation worker is stabbed, and the reason they won't call the ambulance to help is because Kelly might get caught.... it's funny in one light, but very alarming in another.

especailly because there are people who think like that, they'd rather a man die than the off chance their frieend might get caught ... it upsets me enough to turn me off misfits.

- - - Updated - - -

but then it is surprising that the probation worker had lasted so long... didn't help because I quite liked their probation officer and thoughti t was one of the stupidest kill offs.

I miss Shannon - he was awesome in that series. I wonder why he really left