Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I would love to read more! I read really fast and can devour a huge book in no time... I especially love sci fi

I don't live in the UK anymore though, and our local librarys english books section is really limited... you don't see english books for sale much (understandably) which leaves me buying them from amazon or something and paying postage etc... the cheapest way I found is to search for the as new copys second hand, they are perfect and so much cheaper than new!

I just don't have the money spare though right now to be buying loads of books sadly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I read. I read a lot of non-fiction.

I read because I enjoy learning things. I find it exciting. It satisfies my curiosity and makes me feel fulfilled as a person. There are so many fascinating books on so many interesting topics out there -- the entertainment value is limitless.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

people think i'm weird for how i read. i'll be reading a book and listening to a different book(on cd/ipod) at the same time. sometimes depending on the size of the book or how far i am though a book i'll even play gameboy at the same time although that's usually just to work on breeding my pokemon.

No, I Do not read books. If I wanted to fall asleep, I'd just go lay in bed. That is all reading makes me do, fall asleep. I prefer to look at pictures.

My Sister is a full time librarian. She can read a 2-3 400-500 page romance novels a day. She brings me Picture Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Meewec View Post
    people think i'm weird for how i read. i'll be reading a book and listening to a different book(on cd/ipod) at the same time. sometimes depending on the size of the book or how far i am though a book i'll even play gameboy at the same time although that's usually just to work on breeding my pokemon.
    I read while waiting for my Pokemon to be put to sleep for Dream World in White version, but I can't do both, and listen to someone talk while reading, throws me off completely. O_o

Not really, i understand that they are deeper and more imaginative than movies.

Im actually a pretty fast reader, but the few books i have read outside of school books i havent enjoyed, and dont enjoy reading for hours on end.
    Last edited by skatblast; 2011-10-11 at 02:27 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Because I like them?

I read anything, be it online or in print (although I currently avoid paying for content, being not quite broke but not much better). It's a way to gain knowledge, and I've just always enjoyed fiction/some nonfiction.

I dunno, I don't really get how this is a question... I guess I just don't realize how little people my age (and younger) read anymore. I mean, I read less than I used to, but I don't really ever see myself stopping completely.

Yes, because I enjoy what I do read. And not as often as I use to.

Deleted
    I used to read books, then I had kids.

1st few years i was listening for crying, now I'm listening for them messing about. I can't focus on books anymore