RAM and Processor Speed

I'm looking to buy a new gaming laptop, and I have no idea how fast is fast enough. So my question is assuming all I want to do is run WoW at MAX FPS under any condition, how fast of a processor should I have, how much RAM should I have, and should I spend money upgrading graphics card or harddrive?

10+ Year Old Account
    You really should not go for a laptop. Generally most people if they respond to this thread will have you go for a desktop computer its alot better.

i find laptops to be just fine

amd quadcores, or intel i5 or better. 4-6 gigs of ddr3 ram. hardrive isnt a huge deal. NVIDIA 540M would be fine for graphics. could go lower if you wanted.

http://einfo.co.nz/shop/hp-envy-1720...p-p-22944.html

I currently have this laptop, whilst it doesnt have stupid child LED lights, and an alien face slapped on the front of it, it is a decent enough "gaming" specc'ed laptop.

In saying this, it entirely depends on what gaming you want it to run?. i can run wow on everything full, doesnt flinch at all, only very very rarely with ground clutter detail maxed out will i get slight FPS lag, something like 30-32ms, otherwise constant 60fps ++

But yes, if gaming is your main concern, go medium specced desktop, with a cheap word processing workstation laptop, i for one dont mind sacrifcing a little bit of gaming specs for my portability.

EDIT: Forgot to add, i have upgraded to a SSD, so have 1TB and 60GB SSD, whilst this doesnt effect FPS and gaming performance, it does enhance your load times etc
    Last edited by kamikaze148; 2011-10-10 at 05:31 AM.

I'm looking to buy it from Cyberpower PC (seem to be best bang 4 buck) and I pulled up this build : Notebook: Clevo P180HM Gaming Notebook 18.4" Full HD 1920x1080 Display w/ Built-in 2.0 MP Webcam, Fingerprint Sensor, HDMI Port, Li-Ion Battery, & Universal AC Adapter
    Notebook Color: Xplorer X8 Gaming Notebook Cover - Original Black
    CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-2670QM Mobile Processor 2.20 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache, Max Turbo Freq. 3.10 GHz
    Freebies: Corsair HS1NA USB Gaming Headset
    Motherboard: Mobile Intel HM67 Express Chipset Mainboard
    Memory: 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3-1333 SODIMM Memory (Corsair or Major Brand)
    Video Card: 2 x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M 1.5GB GDDR5 PCIe Video
    Freebies: FREE Just Cause 2 Game Coupon
    Hard Drive: 64 GB ADATA S596 Turbo Series Gaming MLC Solid State Disk (Single Hard Drive)
    Freebies: None
    Data Hard Drive: 750GB 5400RPM SATA300 Hard Drive
    Data Hard Drive: None
    External Hard Drive (USB3.0/2.0/eSATA): None
    USB Flash Drive: None
    Optical Drive: 8X DVD±R/RW/4X + DL Super-Multi Drive (NB-365-DVDRW)
    Sound: Built-in 3D Premium Surround Sound
    Wireless 802.11B/G Network Card: Intel® Centrino® Ultimate-N 6300 a/b/g/n WiFi Card [Intel WiDi Ready If that's too much overkill, can you guys reccomend another PC from cyberpower that would be more sensible?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834230027
    That's your best bet, $800 after rebate and powerful enough for high settings. 1080p screen and all, good deal.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taekvideo View Post
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834230027
    That's your best bet, $800 after rebate and powerful enough for high settings. 1080p screen and all, good deal.
    it will actually run very well on full ultra, at least until it overheats and dies