Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I'm preeeetty sure the range limit before the dogs enrage is 60 yards, not 100.

The most important thing is to slow Riplimb once the spear is thrown. We use a hunter to slow him.

Deleted
    Since nobody has mentioned this (and i know its a tad unusual) but my current guild just tells me to trap riplimp (plenty of traps for rage...) and its by FAAAR the easiest way to handle it (yes, im talking about heroic...)
    Stand 10-15 yards away from a trap, watch the timer, soon as spear is thrown (im warrior..) i Hleap or intervene my healer (who is told to be close to me+ a trap) and just trap. While he is in trap, i switch stances and apply hamstring soon as he's going for spear.

The other way todo it, is having the shannox tank, infinite kite shannox til stacks drop off (just kite in a circle and riplimp cant return the spear...)
    Thats how i do it when im on my pala, just make sure shannox is in constant moving or you'll fail :P

Personally, i just find it extremely hard to manage 30 seconds with only 80yards+slow tactic, more often then not, its 5-8 seconds left on buff even with hleap, Lgrip, vene, etc..
    Last edited by mmoc51f27689b0; 2011-10-11 at 09:58 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    Personally, i just find it extremely hard to manage 30 seconds with only 80yards+slow tactic, more often then not, its 5-8 seconds left on buff even with hleap, Lgrip, vene, etc..
    Same here, if you get hit right before riplimbs turns to get his spear you'll be at 30sec again making it very hard to get rid off it.. very RNG based imo. You can still soak it if you miss resetting your stacks once, but if you have the same issue on the next spear, things get hectic.

Going for it again tonight, hope we get it

Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    I find the same thing. You cannot reset by ONLY doing the distance+slow on heroic. You either have to trap him or get the Shannox tank to try the kite strategy but as I said before the kiting is totally random whether or not it works so IMO should not be relied upon as a viable strat. I've done it and it's worked one attempt and failed entirely the second attempt, and by moving Shannox around everyone is forced to move with you meaning that traps are going to be all over the place, making it harder for the person on Rageface to get him trapped.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    I find the same thing. You cannot reset by ONLY doing the distance+slow on heroic. You either have to trap him or get the Shannox tank to try the kite strategy but as I said before the kiting is totally random whether or not it works so IMO should not be relied upon as a viable strat. I've done it and it's worked one attempt and failed entirely the second attempt, and by moving Shannox around everyone is forced to move with you meaning that traps are going to be all over the place, making it harder for the person on Rageface to get him trapped.
    You can, at least I have managed a couple of them .. problem is you can practically only do that if your stack is about 22-23 sec. If you're facing a 30sec stack it gets impossible to loose the trap by just distance+slow (just my opinion/experience). As a warr fe, you can intervene/leap straight away when Shannox throws his spear, by the time Riplimb would then be at the tank, he'll be turning & running to get his spear thus already reducing the tear buff on the rip tank (as he will not get melee hit due to his intervene/leap).

Just in my case (dk tank), i just run away asap but riplimp keeps bashing on my tail and stacking the tear to 30sec..i guess i'll have to rely on priest pull or swiftness potion (1time doh) & tonight i'm gonna try glyph of boneshield for the 15% speed increase. The few times he was at 22-23 sec were pure luck imo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezuela View Post
    As a warr fe, you can intervene/leap straight away when Shannox throws his spear, by the time Riplimb would then be at the tank, he'll be turning & running to get his spear thus already reducing the tear buff on the rip tank (as he will not get melee hit due to his intervene/leap).
    Even so, i find it very difficault, even if i leap towards shannox, then charge, then run, then vene, then lifegrip, its still not 100% accurate, or atleast haven't been for me Also having to rely on a healer for grip, has proven difficault at times ;P
    As DK, you can slow him soon as the spear is thrown, or just before, and he shouldnt catch up to you :P

----
    Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    You either have to trap him or get the Shannox tank to try the kite strategy but as I said before the kiting is totally random whether or not it works so IMO should not be relied upon as a viable strat..
    I find the kiting strat very viable And reliable, on our alt run (run prot pala) they literally told me to stop the damn kiting cause buff was reset long ago, several times, cuz i got so much giggles from doing it (first time i was on shannox..)
    Trick is to move in a tight circle but if you get shannox to stop slightly, riplimp catches up with and better luck next spear ;P

Deleted
    I am the shannox tank in our guild and I just keep kiting shannox after spearthrow untill the riplimb tank says his stacks are off. So tell your shannox tank to keep kiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Agallochh View Post
    I actually suggest using the solo tank strategy.

It includes:
    • Killing either Baleroc or Alysrazor
    • Tanking Shannox in either Baleroc or Alysrazor's room.
    • As soon as the first spear goes out, the tank will start kiting Shannox around the outer edge of whichever room you decide to tank in.
    • Tank continues to move in a circle, never stopping, the entire time.
    • The spear should never return to Shannox, thus allowing the tank to tank the entire encounter without getting Jagged Tear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVKOeveb_2E
    I strongly suggest using this strategy as well.
    You will be able to run with just 2 healers. Tank will take almost no damage because Shannox will run without his spear and dog will barely do any damage at all.

This is the easiest and most pug-friendly strategy out of all. All you need is to reset stacks from another dog and no matter how bad your dps is(10k is enough) you will kill the boss.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    yup, when you need to drop stacks (wait till 5 or 6 is best unless your struggling with dmg) best way is wait for spear, run away, wait for riplimb to get spear then either get shannox tank to run around in a wide circle thus kiting rippy and effectivley stoppin riplimb from giving spear back to shannox (keep the 80 yards away from shann tho) or trap riplimb in ice before he gets spear, this will also drop shann tanks stacks but best way is to just let shan tank kite

btw have you done the achieve for shann yet?? do it on normal, its the best fun you could have tanking a boss lol, we had a riot when we did it lol
    ........THE WRITING'S ON THE WALL !!!!!

Have your Shannox tank kite in half circles when Riplimb try to deliver the spear. Also slow Rimlimb after Shannox throw his spear.
    This is our kill from Shannox's tank PoV.

Deleted
    Kiting shannox more helped us tonight, we even downed him on our first pull .
    Thanks for the tips!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gafannzo View Post
    Hey there every one. So atm my guild wants us to start doing som FL hc. Just so people know, we are a very casual guild, so no hardcore or anything.

My question is:
    How do you tank Riplimb on hc, and how do you drop stacks of him?

thank you for reading
    The Shannox tank tanks Riplimb as well as Shannox and he kites them both in circles. The other tank goes dps. There is no Riplimb tank.

Deleted
    We've tried both, the kiting and the trapping strat, and overall (for us at least) just using the Crystal Traps is:

1) Way more reliable. Sometimes, regardless of how well you kite, it seems like Riplimb catches up to Shannox sooner than it should. (Might have something to do with the classes we have as tanks not being as mobile as others)
    2) You don't have to spread so far apart, thus allowing healers the ability to cross-heal tanks if needed. (Granted after the nerfs, or arguably even before them, the whole fight is just stupid easy to heal)

*edit, the suggestion about solo-tanking it with a sketchy strat, while it can be considered "clever use of game mechanics" basically bypasses an entire mechanic about a fight (thus teetering on the edges of exploit-y). Thus you can be pretty sure that Blizz will get around to fixing it sooner or later, I would most definitely not get used to such a strategy. (remember, they already gave Riplimb a "sprint" thingy while retrieving the spear once because you could do this strategy without any extra work before)
    Last edited by mmoc780945631d; 2011-10-12 at 09:01 AM.