Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Post Anticipated Resilience Gains in Season 11 - With Graphs

Eldacar's Guide to Anticipated Resilience Gains for Season 11

Hello everyone! I was curious as I am sure many of you have been about how much resilience I would gain by upgrading to full Season 11 gear in Patch 4.3. Rather than continue to wonder I decided to do the math and figure it out. Now I am here to share my findings with all of you in what has become the second in a series of guides about resilience. Please enjoy it and if you have any comments, questions, feedback, or error corrections please post them, I will do my best to respond to everything. You can view the first guide of the series titled "How Resilience Scales in 4.2.2" here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/....2-With-Graphs

TLDR: See the pretty graphs below!

Table of Contents:
    Section 1 - General Information
    Section 2 - General Graphs
    Section 3 - Specific Configuration Information
    Section 4 - Specific Configuration Graph
    Section 5 - Closing Thoughts and Remarks

Section 1 - General Information

Let me start with a disclaimer: All information on season 11 gear and epic gems is based on data from the current PTR version and is subject to change. Now that we have that out of the way lets dive right in. In patch 4.3 you will have two ways to increase your resilience, by upgrading to the new season 11 gear, and by upgrading your rare gems to the new epic gems. Upgrading from any given season 10 gear set to the equivalent season 11 gear set will net you about 722 additional resilience. It doesn't matter if you are going from the 371 honor set to the 390 honor set, or if you are going from the 384 conquest set to the 403 conquest set, you will gain about 722 resilience either way. The amount of resilience you will gain from upgrading your gems depends on how many resilience gems you currently have. In 4.3 the +40 resil rare gem will have a +50 resil epic upgrade, and the +20 resil hybrids will have +25 resil epic upgrades. Based on current info the epic gems will only be available from raiding, so if you are strictly a PVP player don't count on getting your hands on them quickly unless you have a TON of gold to throw around.

Now before we jump into the graphs let me give you a brief rundown of what is going on in them. Different weapon configurations give slightly different amounts of resilience, however the differences are relatively insignificant when looking at total resilience. To make this first graph simpler and easier to read I have averaged all the different weapon configurations together. If you are interested in more precise data for your specific weapon configuration please skip ahead to sections 3 & 4.

In this first graph you will see three different lines, a Baseline, a Normal line, and a Max line. The Baseline represents the total resilience from JUST gear and the 2-piece set bonus. The Normal line represents the Baseline plus the chest, shoulder, and helm resil enchants as well as +70 resil from socket bonuses (some classes get 60 some get 80 I just picked a midpoint). The Max line represents what is approximately the maximum achievable resilience with a given gear set, it is the Normal line plus Blacksmithing, Jewelcrafting, a relic slot, and ALL resilience gems (S10 sets assume rare gems, S11 assume epic). The second graph should be fairly straightforward, it is just a look at the maximum possible resilience from rare and epic gems based on professions and ranged item vs relic (relics have a socket, ranged items don't).

Section 2 - General Graphs

Section 3 - Specific Configuration Information

As I stated earlier, different weapon configurations have slightly different resilience values, generally speaking using a two-hander gives you the most, and dual-wielding one-handers gives you the least. Having a ranged item vs a relic also changes things because ranged items use weapon ilvl's while relics use armor ilvl's.

By fully upgrading from S10 gear to the corresponding S11 gear you will gain the following resil amounts:
    Relic + 2H = 728
    Relic + MH/OH = 727
    Relic + Two 1H = 720
    Ranged Item + 2H = 722
    Ranged Item + MH/OH = 721
    Ranged Item + Two 1H = 714

In the next graph you will find the data for the increases in resilience over the different gear sets based on weapon configuration. Please note this data only includes the gear and the +400 resil 2pc bonus, NOTHING ELSE!

Section 4 - Specific Configuration Graph

Section 5 - Closing Thoughts and Remarks

I want to stress again that all of this is based on data from the current version of the PTR, I don't believe it will change between now and release but you never know. Season 11 looks to be rewarding players with a pretty substantial gain in resilience, even players that don't gem for it will be rocking around 5k resil once they have full S11 conquest gear which is more than is even possible to get at the moment. Resil maxed players will have around 5700 resil which will put them at around 50% damage reduction (200% effective health!!). I truly pity the fresh 85's that are trying to kill players with that much resil. However it remains to be seen if player damage will scale faster or slower than effective health with this new gear. It is quite possible that even with 5k resil it will feel like we are dying faster against equally geared opponents, only time will tell.

I hope you have enjoyed this guide, if you have any comments, feedback, questions, or error corrections please post them, I will do my best to respond to everything. Once again you can check out part one of the guide series here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/....2-With-Graphs

Anti-Plagiarism Notice: This guide and all related images, graphs, and equations are my original work and my intellectual property but may be shared and re-used freely for non-profit purposes so long as I am credited as the original author and the MMO-champ forums are credited as the original source. If you wish to use my work on a for-profit website please contact me through private message here on the forums and obtain my prior consent.
    Last edited by Eldacar; 2011-11-23 at 07:02 AM.
    @EldacarJS - Warcraft PVP Enthusiast, Theorycrafter, and Blizzard PVP Forum MVP

Deleted
    aww man all your posts are so epic
    once again ty for all the effort, awesome post

Deleted
    Sounds good, thanks for the effort.

This is very well done. Thanks for doing this. 5k resil is kind of unbelievable, but it looks like it will continue to scale well (200% effective health! :O )

Thank you so much for this, I've been looking for a graph like this

aww man all your posts are so epic
    once again ty for all the effort, awesome post
    This is very well done. Thanks for doing this. 5k resil is kind of unbelievable, but it looks like it will continue to scale well (200% effective health! :O )
    Thank you so much for this, I've been looking for a graph like this
    Was my pleasure to make it, I like doing things like this to help out the community and I plan to make more guides in the future.

Thanks I was just looking for this.

Deleted
    Very nice, thank you.

wow.. 5.7k mas resil lol.

Oh damn man. Nice job, I didn't even have time to read the last post in your last thread.

Thank you again for your work, for players without your ability to plot your graphs, it is a very nice resource.

And nice PvP blog, even though those that have followed your posts may have read some of it before.

Now if only the gave Warriors a PvP ranged weapon with a socket....

Thank you again for your work, for players without your ability to plot your graphs, it is a very nice resource.

And nice PvP blog, even though those that have followed your posts may have read some of it before.

Now if only the gave Warriors a PvP ranged weapon with a socket....
    Thanks, I enjoy doing what I can to contribute to the PVP community. As for the blog it's really just a place for me to store all these long posts that I made/make here on MMO-champ long-term so I don't lose them, and if I ever need to go back and find one it's easy to do.

As for the ranged weapon socket, ranged weapons will go away soon enough so it wont matter =)

a very nice scientific research here. i like the graphs and charts

Thank you very much for this, very well done! 5.7k resil will be crazy, can't wait to see what the results of this will be.
    ~Trapsquare - Kilrogg EU - Level 90 Beast Mastery Hunter~

~10 years ago we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash - Now we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.~

10+ Year Old Account
    :O I really really really want to get Thunderfury and go PvP as prot on my pally with 5700 resilience O.O" That's like.. 60% reduction? Insane!

:O I really really really want to get Thunderfury and go PvP as prot on my pally with 5700 resilience O.O" That's like.. 60% reduction? Insane!
    You cant transmog legendaries =( You of course use it normally for fun though. As for 5700 resil it should be around 51% damage reduction and give you around 204% of your displayed health as effective health. Im betting fully geared tanks will be pushing close to 400,000 effective health.

I don't look forward to healers sitting at 5.7k resi, well my MS debuff is getting buffed though so it migh work out.
    Thanks for these btw!

I don't look forward to healers sitting at 5.7k resi, well my MS debuff is getting buffed though so it migh work out.
    Thanks for these btw!
    The only way to get that much is to have full Season 11 conquest gear with blacksmithing + jewelcrafting and gem full resilience. While im sure some healers throw in a resil gem or two I think it's very unlikely you will run into many with this configuration. Most well geared healers you face will most likely be in the 4500-5000 range.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    mass props on the charts bro. you really put effort into this stuff, very appreciated contributor to the community.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Deleted
    yay more resi now it makes healers even more essencial in bg's as each 10k heal is worth 20k damg!