Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Antherios View Post
    Also, to people saying "this started 5 years ago woth TCG stuff noobs, you are late", getting gold that way is not that profitable. You have to buy decks, and pray to get something worth selling, sometimes not getting shit from the deck. Or go to TCGloot and buy something at 600$ and try to sell it in trade (gl with that). Now, here we have a transaction that costs only 10$, and lets say it can give you 4k per pet if your server's AH is flooded. That looks like gold buying straight from Blizzard to me.
    Really?
    http://www.wowtcgloot.com/
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

In reply to all those that cite the existence of the TCG's this is infact completely different. The TCG's have a finite supply, and involve buying a pack, breaking it down, and hopefully scoring a loot card, then selling it in game. This is a time consuming, and very inconsistent on profitability. Doing the pet store method you can buy a boe pet any time, any day, no supply limitations. You turn around, you sell it. This is no where near being like what goes on with the TCG and will allow anyone to do it. Need some in game gold real bad, throw 100 bucks at pets, and make yourself 200k gold.

Your TCG arguments are flawed.

10+ Year Old Account
    dawwwwwwwwwwwwww. mine

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess it's time to start looking for something else to play to tide me over 'til December. It's a shame... I was really looking forward to the next expansion, but if they go ahead with Blizzavision-sanctioned gold selling, there is frankly nothing they can announce at Blizzcon that will make me keep giving them my money. One thing that's kept me playing WoW as long as I have is that at the core of it, it's had some degree of enforced fair play. It wasn't LEGITIMATELY possible to buy your epics with Daddy's credit card and zero in-game effort. This will put WoW on a par with all the other games I've tried and discarded because of the amount of advantages available to people who are willing to spend tons and tons of RL money. I will not pay for a game that does this, and if this is where all MMO's are headed, I'll go back to single-player RPG's, pen-and-paper RPG's, and RP chatrooms with my friends.

Deleted
    LOL, just lol at the pathetic supporters of this, don't you realise how weak and really pathetic you are in defending this, a myriad of lame excuses saying 'it is ok, nothing to see, move along'. Yeah, I just compared you to Clancy Wiggum.

Actually, this is really not such a big deal, a big deal is how many of you are totally brain-washed supporters with bogus excuses. I think you are going down with the ship, so in that regard, I have to salute you.

Infracted; please don't flame others.
    Last edited by Sunshine; 2011-10-10 at 04:57 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why not instead of showing us this useless crap of a micro transaction, they show us the DK tier gear that should have been unveiled 2 weeks ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Jedek View Post
    In reply to all those that cite the existence of the TCG's this is infact completely different. The TCG's have a finite supply, and involve buying a pack, breaking it down, and hopefully scoring a loot card, then selling it in game. This is a time consuming, and very inconsistent on profitability. Doing the pet store method you can buy a boe pet any time, any day, no supply limitations. You turn around, you sell it. This is no where near being like what goes on with the TCG and will allow anyone to do it. Need some in game gold real bad, throw 100 bucks at pets, and make yourself 200k gold.

Or you could just visit eBay......
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

WOW IS DEAD! I AM GONNA UNSUBSCRIBE FOREVER! lol, not. This is but a minor tweak to the already existing pet store. There are always people on my server with their "Selling Game Time, Pet Store Mounts & Pets!" in general chat. I mean really, even if this can be used for gold selling, what are you gonna buy? I was gonna buy a heroic Sulfaras, the Extinguished Hand... oh wait, I can't do that. The best you can buy is non-heroic level BOEs or crafted stuff. The only things that really cost money are all vanity items, which are permanent and if you spend money on gear that can be replaced in this tier, and you aren't in a race for world/server first, you've wasted your money. SO basically, I feel this doesn't affect jack unless they start selling the highest level gear.

Oh hey, look. A Blizzard-endorsed way to turn real-life money into in-game advantage. Wonderful.

Deleted

Yes because people that buy packs only do it for the really rare loot cards and otherwise have no way of making money with it..........you have no clue how this works have you?

And if you want to make 100k gold quickly go to ebay........

Deleted
    buy using stolen credit card (as is already happening with the other shop stuff).sell pet for goldtransaction gets canceled, blizzard removes the pet.what happens now?a) buyer loses his gold even though he made a correct tradeb) gold won't get removed, so you can now easily duplicate gold

So soon they will sell lvl85 characters in the blizz store?

"lvling services are still illegal but you can now buy your cute lvl85 from the blizzstore! Look at those big cute eyes!"

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    $10 for a one use pet when all others are for each character? Definately not worth it, in most opinion none of the others were worth it either. The main issue I have with this pet however is that if this pet can be sold in game via Ah or any other method, you can buy one, sell it and then buy Bind on Equip gear from the Auction House. For example, the current patch 4.2, a new level 85 (Death Knight) with no alts and no cash can sell this pet, and then buy Osbidium Cleavers. So you can now pay to advance, not cool in my opinion...
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Deleted
    Stupid move Blizzard.... whats next a online gearstore where you can buy epix for real money?

I can't take another one of these days. If you despise it, hate blizz, feel this one thing will ruin the game.....Quit! Just quit! Leave the rest of us alone and please stop the madness. Just save us the trouble. Some of these posts can be compared to what you see on political forums and the US economy. Its just a game! If your mad or not having fun dont play. If you loved the game and hate the changes complain outside these forums. A blue isnt going to walk right up to you. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    Or you could just visit eBay......
    The process still stands. I saw that you linked a site that sells tcg's. This doesn't change the fact that someone had to buy those packs, find the loot cards, then put them up for sale. In fact you are proving my point. Visit ebay or that site you linked. TCG's on sale for money... Then you have to bid, and wait for the card to ship, or for them to email you the code and hope that it is valid. This Blizzard method cuts out the uncertainty and time sink, and makes selling boe's in game money makers.

Thanks for playing Idoru, try again.

10+ Year Old Account
    So many people are going to buy these thinking they will be able to make 10 dollars worth of gold and be completely disappointed when a wow economy pushes these "guaranteed-to-be" over abundant pets to normal costs (600-1000g per is my estimate)

10+ Year Old Account
    While this is "legal gold buying" in a way, it's not the game killer a lot of you are making it out to be.

They aren't creating gold to give someone for their cash. No gold is being added to the system, so the impact on the economy will be virtually nothing, other than a shifting of who has the gold that's already around.
    I don't argue to be right, I argue to be proven wrong. Because I'm aware that the collective intelligence of the community likely has more to offer to me by enlightening me, than I do to an individual by "winning" an argument with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I don't always wear tennis shoes, but when I do, I speak Russian. In French.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pre-lude to Darkmoon Faire micro transactions.

Deleted
    The process still stands. I saw that you linked a site that sells tcg's. This doesn't change the fact that someone had to buy those packs, find the loot cards, then put them up for sale. In fact you are proving my point. Visit ebay or that site you linked. TCG's on sale for money... Then you have to bid, and wait for the card to ship, or for them to email you the code and hope that it is valid. This Blizzard method cuts out the uncertainty and time sink, and makes selling boe's in game money makers.

Thanks for playing Idoru, try again.
    Lmao arguing for the sake of it, the point always was that buying ingame items for real world cash and turning it into gold was always legal. And sending a loot code via Email takes 35 days and there are no buyout options on ebay. Grow up kiddo.