Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

What sort of health we seeing at level cap?

Is it going to be silly numbers like current WoW?

Or just in the ten thousands?

10+ Year Old Account
    An integer!

Edit: it is under NDA so you cant get an awnser to this :P

Quote Originally Posted by creedster View Post
    Is it going to be silly numbers like current WoW?

Or just in the ten thousands?
    Someone who thinks that it'll be as inflated as WoW is now isn't thinking properly. WoW has gone through years of ilvl inflation - it's not Blizzard's fault that numbers are so high now, with the way item progression is done in that game. After 7 years of constant gear upgrades, there will be some strangely high numbers.

Of course it won't be "silly numbers" like WoW, it's a new game.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Would think the numbers will be like 90% of all games at start.

Deleted
    A few thousand I should think.

Deleted
    Maybe you should ask the people who went to a gaming conference and tried the pvp zones They can talk freely about what they saw without breaking the NDA!

Iv seen a few "glympes" of the HP from videos iv seen of the PvP and such. Not sure if its under NDA.. all i can say is think 10k or so.. TBC era :P

Quote Originally Posted by Daniboy View Post
    An integer!

Edit: it is under NDA so you cant get an awnser to this :P
    In conventions we've seen people running EV with around 10k for most toons, 13k for tanks. People playing warzones in conventions have also around 10k hp, I imagine thanks to bolstering.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Someone who thinks that it'll be as inflated as WoW is now isn't thinking properly. WoW has gone through years of ilvl inflation - it's not Blizzard's fault that numbers are so high now, with the way item progression is done in that game. After 7 years of constant gear upgrades, there will be some strangely high numbers.

Of course it won't be "silly numbers" like WoW, it's a new game.
    It could easily be in the tens or hundreds of thousands and that would be absolutely acceptable if that is what the game establishes from the beginning. The issue with WoW is health and DPS went from hundreds to thousands to tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands each time an expansion came out. Hopefully SWTOR never falls into a pattern like that where they increase everything ten fold each expansion. If they keep it in the same ballpark and not have massive jumps it won't matter where they start out at.

I believe a tank has around 15k when he hits 50. Its closer to the tbc levels if we compare it to wow. I cant for the life of me find the dev post though, and as swtor.com is down for maintenance I cant find it for awhile

10+ Year Old Account
    I do recal, some people did some theory crafting, based on the EV vid we saw, combined with some gear screenshots from various conventions and worked out that fully operation buffed a SW tank would have around 20k health, with Assassins at around 18k (not sure why/how there is a difference, im guessing gear/mods) we haven't seen enough of BH's to know what levels of health they will have, but it's logical to assume they'll be around the same levels.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Without breaking my NDA i will its "respectable" thats all i can say

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing how lvl 14 characters crit for about 1600 w/o a big dent in the targets HP, we can speculate from that.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I can't break NDA, I'm not in the beta nor access to any privy info; so all my guessing is based around other things. Most mmo's initially health cap in the 3-5k health range for non tanks; how high tanks are will vary. Most mmo's I have played landed in that range though. Really it doesn't matter too much where health will be at because damage going out through pvp or pve is always scaled to be appropriate for the amount of health. Does it really matter if someone has 5k health and takes 500 hits or they have 500 health and take 50 damage hits.

In theory, hit points don't need to be inflated quickly through leveling like other games. What is really important is the difference in level between combating PC/NPC's, when calculating actual damage done.

Such that even if a level 50 doesn't have much more hit points than a level 30, the level 30 hitting the level 50 suffers from a severe handicap, doing only a small % of the damage the level 50 is doing back to the level 30.

And WoW's numbers got crazy for sure, making soloing older dungeons not even the slightest bit challenging. Especially the transition from WotLK to Cataclysm. While still present in the past, it didn't seem like such a big power inflation from Vanilla to TBC (soloing UBRS @ lv 70 seemed still very challenging in 2006). I preferred the challenge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ive never understood why health numbers or inflation is such a big deal. So as a game is out longer and the gear progresses, so does your health. But so does the damage you do. It all seems to even out to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Babaganouch View Post
    Seeing how lvl 14 characters crit for about 1600 w/o a big dent in the targets HP, we can speculate from that.
    ah but they are not lvel 14 actually, all the health and damage is averaged out for everyone in the warzone so no matter of level they are hitting the same currently

lol yeah was about to say. This is not under nda btw..con videos and what not. Either the crit modifiers are complete shit in Beta or health pools estimating would have to be 10-12k at 50 which still pales in comparison to the GW2 health pools

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gefta992 View Post
    ah but they are not lvel 14 actually, all the health and damage is averaged out for everyone in the warzone so no matter of level they are hitting the same currently
    Well, the thing is that in the warzones we've seen from Gamescon and such, all players are level 14 so there should be no bolstering in act, and if it is, and since the Mythic PvP team is involved, we can short on guess that it's only up to lvl 19.

Anyhow, we can speculate as much as we want, none will know for sure untill the game is released : )
    Last edited by vian; 2011-10-18 at 04:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    ...and since the Mythic PvP team is involved, we can short on guess that it's only up to lvl 19.
    I wondered why the "everyone is averaged out in the warzone" shtick sounded familiar. Warhammer Online. Their battlegrounds did it, and their open PvP zones did too.