Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Hide helmet & Cape etc

just a little thought does anyone know if youll be able to hide helmets/cloaks etc in swtor
    so sorry if this question has already been answered

I'm actually not sure about this, but seeing as how troopers at least (probably BH too) get voice modulation from their helmet, it would be nice to switch it on or off to get different effects. Plus considering the huge time taken to make cutscenes and such, it would suck to have to take off your helmet for every conversation.

so heres hoping for a on/off function for helms, and maybe even just taking off the helm auto for conversations would be a great touch as well.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    I believe it was in some Eurogamer video TotalBiscuit uploaded, the devs played and they showed an option to hide something. It might have been a GW2 video. Anyone confirm?

i heard yes to helmets. Cloaks i do not know. At least these capes flap in the wind! unlike the wooden capes of wow.

Deleted
    Mass effect 2 and dragon age have that option so I don't see why not SWTOR as bioware game.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Helms are 100% hidable. Cloaks - no info. But I do not see any reason why not to implement that too.

Deleted
    You can hide helmets

I would imagine so. In the companion developer dispatch video there is a scene where a bunch of players with their companions are running about, some people like the trooper had their helmets on while some like a Twi'lek gunslinger wasn't showing any head gear. I would imagine at this point in time when this shot was taken everyone would have their head pieces by now and since some were showing their head gear while others weren't leads me to believe the hide function for helmets is indeed there.

http://youtu.be/zYxxYCoUAbk?t=6m12s

Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    Mass effect 2 and dragon age have that option so I don't see why not SWTOR as bioware game.
    Off-topic; ME2 did not have this feature, for some odd reason (ME1, DA1 & DA2 has it).

Are there even capes in the game at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Zarasthura View Post
    Are there even capes in the game at all?
    Yeah I do believe there are. Although I don't think everyone will actually wear them. Like for instance force users will probably have capes and they definitely will have cloaks. Smugglers especially gunslingers wear coats, also in the smuggler progression video it is shown that the scoundrel advance class will probably have capes Lando Calrissian style. So yeah it looks like there are cloaks/capes but it looks like it might not be universal attire like it is in WoW where everyone wears capes/cloaks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    Yeah I do believe there are. Although I don't think everyone will actually wear them. Like for instance force users will probably have capes and they definitely will have cloaks. Smugglers especially gunslingers wear coats, also in the smuggler progression video it is shown that the scoundrel advance class will probably have capes Lando Calrissian style. So yeah it looks like there are cloaks/capes but it looks like it might not be universal attire like it is in WoW where everyone wears capes/cloaks.
    There's no cloak/cape gear as wow. Some chest pieces have a hood or have long jacket on them. Look at the Taral V video's trooper to get the idea.

I've seen videos (TBs coverage, mainly) that shows a bunch of players running around without their helmets on, though I'm sure that they do have the head gear equipped.

As for capes, I'm not sure. I know that there are capes, but I dont know if they take up an equipment slot or if theyre attached to the chest (or whatever). I think the Smuggler Progression Video shows one with a white cape, if anyone's interested in seeing them in the game.

Cloaks look to be part of your chest armor, as a poster above noted. I doubt you can really hide them.

Would it make sense to hide a Jedi's cloak, though? That's fairly iconic to the class, even though we do occasionally have outfits like the one Luke wore in Return.

As far as I have seen, no slot for a back piece but yes Helms are able to be hide

Quote Originally Posted by kalamitis View Post
    There's no cloak/cape gear as wow. Some chest pieces have a hood or have long jacket on them. Look at the Taral V video's trooper to get the idea.
    Thanks for that clarification. I knew that there were capes and stuff from what I have seen. Just didn't know that they were actually part of the chest item and not their own stand alone thing like in WoW.

appriciate the fast feedback

Deleted
    think there will be the same options as any other mmo game hiding stuff, extra action bars etc

If you watch the eternity vault video, the healing spec'ed sith sorcerer does not have any sort of helm on, most likely meaning he has it set to hidden.

Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post
    Helms are 100% hidable. Cloaks - no info. But I do not see any reason why not to implement that too.
    Cloaks are bind with chests pieces, so certain chest pieces get cloaks and some doesn't. Same with Hoods.