Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Engineers don't need melee weapons, they have flamethrowers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Engineers don't need melee weapons, they have flamethrowers.
    It's single target damage is low, it's mainly an AoE weapon.
    Some argue that blunderbuss from the rifle covers it, because it does more damage the closer you are. But then we still have yet to find out what the tool kit does. Melee and engineers is still a bit unknown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grugmuc View Post
    There's also Engineers. We get turrets, Bomb Satchel, Grenade Satchel, rifle, pistols, shields, flamethrower, Tool Kit (not finished), Med Kit (not finished), Elixir Gun (not finished), Mine Kit (not finished) and many awesome utility skills to boot! We're the ultimate ranged class (turrets are not pets, you do not have to really worry about keeping them alive) and when they finish the Tool Kit, we'll finally have melee capabilities I hope, seeing as that's the only thing missing from them (but the flamethrower is close range).

Engineer so far: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/List_of_engineer_skills
    I really have to say..I have absolutely no interest in the Engineer at all..its probably not a profession I would ever play haha It just doesn't appeal to me. I like the thief too, but I really don't like the duel pistols haha To me, a thief is more of an Assassin/Rogue..not a gun slinging assassin haha but that is just my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have always been a fan of the Righteous Crusader archetype. I always loved paladins in Warcraft and will continue to play any class in a game that is similar to that archetype because Ive found its the thing I'm best at playing. So I will definitely have a Guardian as my main and a Thief as an alt. Im not sure what else I would be interested in playing but I'll keep my eye out for the other professions to see what really interests me before I fill my character list with Alt's, seeing as you need to buy extra slots.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I decided on a female Charr Guardian instead. I was looking at vids of Char Rangers, and decided it was meh' so I think ill go with my original plan and do a Guardian. But of course I do want to know what the last profession is..they need to release that -.- or just something in general haha they haven't posted anything forever!

Deleted
    I played a Rogue throughout Vanilla WoW and started a Blood Elf Paladin in BC. And I stuck to it. I made a Blood Elf Warrior alt in Cata. Never got very far with it though.

Seeing as I fell in love with the Sylvari when I saw them, I decided I wanted one as my main. Contrary to what I have played before, I will make it a Ranger. Most of my time has been spent playing Melee and now I want to try some ranged.

Now here comes my alts. Norn Warrior, Charr Engineer and Human Guardian. As you can see, I am still very much inclined towards Melee. It just sticks to me. I prefer up close and personal!

Have always played a heavy armor character as a first and/or main, so i'm very familiar with Warriors and feel very secure when playing one. Also i usually play mmos and such with the hubby and as he enjoys playing the squishy classes it works out well as we dont ninja each others gear/weapons and complement each other

Then as an alt i like to make a pet type class, since i usually level alts alone a companion is nice to have (to choose between a demo lock and a hunter in wow, i HAD to make a BM hunter and camp Skoll for days to show him off as a trophy pet) so i guess a ranger will be my second alt, and i find the Necro to be very appealing to me for some reason.. Was never really into casters but Black and green just looks so cool, will def be alt number 3.. Will most likely try them all eventually anyway.

Actually now i'm torn between a necro and a warrior as my first character as i'm writing this..

DECISIONS DECISIONS

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand. Is there a limit to how many characters you can have? I know that WoW has the 10 limit thing, but then i heard that you have to pay for more slots? So confused...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalla View Post
    I don't understand. Is there a limit to how many characters you can have? I know that WoW has the 10 limit thing, but then i heard that you have to pay for more slots? So confused...
    Yes there will be a limit on character slots. They haven't stated a number yet iirc, but they were throwing out 5 I think. You'll be allowed to buy more, just like in the first game. In GW1 they were 10$.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalla View Post
    If it will be like GW1 at all you will start with probably 4 character slots at most and you will be able to buy more character slots from the store. So yes, they will be very limited unless you drop some cash. But we don't know the initial character slots, max or the cost to get there so it's still very much up in the air.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    It's single target damage is low, it's mainly an AoE weapon.
    Some argue that blunderbuss from the rifle covers it, because it does more damage the closer you are. But then we still have yet to find out what the tool kit does. Melee and engineers is still a bit unknown.
    Yeah, this has been my only problem thus far with Engineers. Gimme a big reveal! Show me what they can do! They feel half complete so far, but I'm sure they'll be one of the best Engineer class ever made (WAR and Rift tried).

Quote Originally Posted by Grugmuc View Post
    There's also Engineers. We get turrets, Bomb Satchel, Grenade Satchel, rifle, pistols, shields, flamethrower, Tool Kit (not finished), Med Kit (not finished), Elixir Gun (not finished), Mine Kit (not finished) and many awesome utility skills to boot! We're the ultimate ranged class (turrets are not pets, you do not have to really worry about keeping them alive) and when they finish the Tool Kit, we'll finally have melee capabilities I hope, seeing as that's the only thing missing from them (but the flamethrower is close range).

Engineer so far: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/List_of_engineer_skills
    And this is why I'm going Engineer. Even with not having everything finalized for them, there is just so much to use, and the versatility will just be increased more once they become finalized.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leveling Sylvari Elementalist with my best friends as a Sylvari Thief.
    On the side I will level a Human Guardian.

Both, haha. =) I'm going to have an engineer as one of my mains, which is very different from anything I've ever played, really. But my second main will be a ranger, which is what I usually play.

10+ Year Old Account
    World of Warcraft: Mage/Shaman
    Aion: Assassin/Chanter

Guild Wars 2: Elementalist/Guardian

Deleted
    I played a mesmer in GW, a resto druid on WoW as there was no mesmer kind of a class, and mesmer again in GW2 if the profession makes it to the game. If not, probably a thief.

I dont know what I will pick. I may just make a character of each race and some of the professions I'm curious about, and see which combination I like for my first character. But for right now I kind of find it stupid to start to make a character right now when the game hasn't even come out...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by G-rated View Post
    I dont know what I will pick. I may just make a character of each race and some of the professions I'm curious about, and see which combination I like for my first character. But for right now I kind of find it stupid to start to make a character right now when the game hasn't even come out...
    Have some imagination foo! At least picking your character names is fun. Do that!

10+ Year Old Account
    I usually play a melee class in games and I will be playing a warrior and/or ranger in GW2.
    Last edited by Fernling306; 2011-10-25 at 11:39 AM.

Profession/Race combinations who in MY opinion, you'll hardly see. (So make one to counter this!)

Human None
    Charr Thief/Guardian (Remember Dinky? Yea, he's great. Show some support)
    Norn Engineer (A shamanic race who enjoy using bombs and turrets... hmm)/Thief (A 8"20 feet dude who sneaks around, how can you NOT see it?)
    Asura Ranger (Would be weird to see an Asura who prefers Nature over Technology/Magic) Warrior (Whenever I see a Small Dude running around with a big sword it makes me facepalm, sorry guys)
    Sylvari Elementalist (Burn all the tree's.. wait what?), Engineer (It just sounds silly)

These are just my thoughts!