Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I love my ele in GW1 and will deffinitly be playing one in GW2! However I am excited to see how the Guardian plays.

I mainly play melee classes. I have an 80 Pally, 85 War, 85 DK, and 85 Rogue in WoW, and nothing else. The next highest is a 70 Warlock. With that said, I plan on rolling a Thief for sure, and will probably branch into Ranger/War/Guardian later. After watching an Ele/Necro movie, I will most likely play them too.

Engineer does not appeal to me at all, so that unfortunately is out for me.

Deleted
    Always prefer the melee/front line classes so going Warr as my main seems logical but with the fact ranged can be melee and melee can be ranged made it a bit difficult for me to decide my class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whats kinda funny is that now I am liking the Necromancer more then Guardian haha and I am dying to know how the (possible) mesmer class plays. Maybe Ill have to change my profession choice!

10+ Year Old Account
    Tis unfortunate that most people don't have an "I'm gonna do it all!" mentality.

However my main three will be Ranger Warrior and Guardian.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Usually play the rogue/hunter. So I'll be playing thief or ranger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lascer
    I don't always drink tears, but when i do, i prefer undead's.

Stay feared my friends.

I dont even want to create any of my characters names because I like basing the character off of what kind of profession it is. And now that race is involved and not forgetting about different attributes are still there, I like to take into account all of these things before I make a name that fits my character.

Played an Archmage in Warhammer for 2.5 years, as GW2 has no set healer, will be playing a Elementalist or a Guardian or the unrevealed class(which is most likely Mesmer).

But as I get to play and experience the game I may have a change of mind.

I guess I'll be branching out in GW2. Normally I play a dps caster or a healer, but right now I'm really wanting to play a thief.

Seeing as I've had the most fun in WoW on my warlock and shadowpriest, necromancer is my choice even though it still is completely different. Seen a ton of necromancer videos and it looks amazing.

No doubt I'll become an altoholic again and play each and every class avaible eventually.. Got every class to 85 in WoW aswell except for rogue and DK as I just hated those.
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior

So.... this is probably going to happen... as I'll probably get 2 of every profession combined with different races

10+ Year Old Account
    I usually roll "pet based" characters, like Hunters (WoW) or Syllabear (DotA), but in WoW case, playing DPS was so boring that I spend most of my time playing Holy Priest.

So I'll stick with my usual playstyle (Beastmaster Ranger - or however it is called in GW2), but it will be different than WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hraklea View Post
    I usually roll "pet based" characters, like Hunters (WoW) or Syllabear (DotA), but in WoW case, playing DPS was so boring that I spend most of my time playing Holy Priest.

So I'll stick with my usual playstyle (Beastmaster Ranger - or however it is called in GW2), but it will be different than WoW.
    You could check out the necromancer to if you like your pets diffrent to WoW and ranger in style

Warrior in GW but dual pistols won me over (Thief).

Since first Diablo, I always had a thing for spellcasters, who can strike from afar and level entire rooms in seconds. Lately however I'm leaning more and more towards melee classes Something about swinging giant weapons and running right into the fray gives me goosebumps.

In GW2 I will most likely be choosing a warrior, unless 8th proffesion will become something really awesome. Like illusionist or enchanter, caster who uses melee weapons and spells to keep himself or herself alive in the heat of combat.

Deleted
    I like the idea of playing tough, plate-wearing melee classes, but my experience in WoW has taught me that I'm just not comfortable playing melee classes in PvP or in dungeons. I like to stand back on nuke from a distance. So I'll be playing whatever classes allow me to do that, probably necromancer or elementalist.

Hate typing on a mobile device, so I'll keep this short.

Past choices: Druid in WoW (cat form FTW), Hunter in LotRO.

Class of Choice For First Pick in Party-based RPG: Paladin.

Influences for Favorite Classes: Hero class (Dragon Quest series), Summoner class (Final Fantasy series), aesthetic feel (love paladin holy feel with plate armor, and also love nature feel with druid and ranger).

Miscellaneous Factors: I like swords, anything that's not short and whimpy feeling like a dagger. Also have a hidden love for staves, as evidenced by favorite past characters (Donatello from TMNT, Kilik from Soul Calibur 2).

Likely GW2 Choices (in order): Guardian, Ranger, etc (Elementalist or Thief likely 3rd).

NOT Choosing: Necromancer, Engineer (not a fan of the whole undeath thing, and not a fan of steampunk style technology in a combat setting).
    Last edited by luregas; 2011-10-27 at 11:50 AM.

Deleted
    In WoW, I played a Holy Paladin since vanilla, then in Wrath a DK, tried playing a rogue and hated it - I'm not sure why though.
    In Rift, I decided to try something new, forced myself to learn and adapt to Rogue mechanics and love my rogue.
    I think in GW2 I'm going to go for something different yet again, perhaps Necro or Elementalist. The undeath thing really appeals to me, and would be great to learn a new playstyle again.

I play a DK in WoW.
    I've always liked the feel of melee DPS and the style of plate armor.
    Then again, in GW2 I played my ranger more than anything. Right now I'm pretty torn between a warrior and a ranger for my first toon.. we'll see what kind of mood I'm in when the time comes. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Kolo View Post
    GW: Ranger
    CoH: Magic Blaster
    WAR: Witch Elf
    CO: The Blade
    Aion: Assassin
    Rift: Bard
    WoW: Mage, Rogue, Protadin, Prot Warrior, Feral Druid
    GW2: Thief, Elementalist or Ranger(though the list changes when they announce Monk for the last class)
    Bahaha nice joke about the monk. Monk is not going to happen. Thats been beat like a dead horse. So lets leave it alone ok?

---------- Post added 2011-11-01 at 05:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Slippin View Post
    I love my ele in GW1 and will deffinitly be playing one in GW2! However I am excited to see how the Guardian plays.
    I agree! I've been a hydromancer in GW1 and love it. But I think its cool that you dont have to just pic one class really in GW2. I mean no one is pointing a gun to your head to make you pick one element but it just seems like thats what you should do.